Detective PK update.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Nick.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Detective PK update.

Post by Nick. » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:25 am

Ash. wrote:WHen 99.9% of gangsters don't rambo 20 cops to avoid casefile charges in 99.9% of situations then we can talk about perma-pks from casefiles.
Let's not have any bashing in the topic. It wouldn't be acceptable to bash PD/SD so you shouldn't bash anyone else.
لا شكر على واجب

Ash.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ash. » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:44 am

.:Zeus:. wrote:
Ash. wrote:WHen 99.9% of gangsters don't rambo 20 cops to avoid casefile charges in 99.9% of situations then we can talk about perma-pks from casefiles.
Dont turn this into a Cops vs Criminals thread because trust me you will not win.
Saying trust me doesn't make your argument any more appealing, I'm simply stating the truth. I don't cry when people make threads criticizing the PD. I'm simply stating the truth and of course, I'm sure spending all that time in SADOC ISU tells you all about how things are for SD/PD Aeon

Antimacy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Antimacy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:14 am

I'm actually interested about what you consider Investigators in SADOC. In a sense we're detectives because we investigate crimes inside and security threat groups inside SACF. Are we considered detectives and does the above apply to us? I ask because I'd like some clarification.

The Investigative Services Unit (ISU) which conducts these investigations differ from regular SD/PD detectives in that we're plainly visible to every prison inmate inside SACF. We wear olive uniforms which are reserved for us and our K9 units and special insignia that denotes us as investigators so every inmate knows who we are. On top of that, inmates that gather our attention aren't stalked by hiding 500 miles away or followed behind in a vehicle since obviously space is a limit, essentially they know regardless that we're watching them always. On top of that, whether the uniforms didn't give us away as is, we regularly will stop and talk with them, frisk them and the like so it's pretty obvious who's who and there's no way to prevent that from happening as it's essentially how we get our information. Not to mention the fact that we only have 3 active investigators, so all it takes would be a co-ordinated attack and all of our investigators would be wiped out.

To re-iterate is SADOC ISU considered apart of the Detective PK agreement? Any insight would be helpful.

Also what stops people from killing a detective/ISU Investigator and saying it's not apart of the casefile, do the same rules apply as a regular PK?
Last edited by Antimacy on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything.

Foster161
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Foster161 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:45 pm

I believe so, you have a legitimate investigative branch of your faction that handles people in your facility and concludes paperwork (I assume), so it would make sense to be like that as well.

I've had some good coordination with ISU in my time of investigating the AB/NLR/peckerwoods basically, we coordinated our work from inside/outside the facility and it was very good work, so I think you should be granted to be labeled detectives.
Though I heard that you have your own rules about character/player kills, which are subsidiary to this global rule. (to my understanding, correct me if wrong)
Account breached sometime in Q4 2016 / Q1 2017, apologies for any inconvinience, to whom it may concern.

If you've been contacted by this account, please let me know, all help is welcome.

Nick.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nick. » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:56 pm

ISU's own rules are harsher than the server rules so it makes little difference anyway. Perhaps on an unrelated note ISU deserves accreditation and access to the State Agent job whilst we're at it.

Would be nice to know the situation regarding killing ISU investigators though.
لا شكر على واجب

TomsyLad
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Michael Anderson

Post by TomsyLad » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:14 pm

If you don't want your faction to get investigated and shut down, then remain low key. This rule is fair in my opinion. Obviously if you're not discreet at all then you're going to be investigated.

Pd getting factions shut down has a lot of steps. It isn't just we shut you down when we feel like it.
FIREFIGHTER III MICHAEL ANDERSON
URBAN SEARCH AND RESCUE - RESCUE DEPUTY COMMANDER
SQUAD 11

DS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DS » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:25 pm

King wrote:I see what you guys mean, but what Chete is saying that their entire memory would be wiped, therefore the only knowledge they can build off is what their co-workers have given them or they have to work from scratch. If you think about it though, if you manage to establish every one investigation your faction and take them all out within the month, surely that'd mean the members wouldn't know that you're an organisation and should have no intelligence on you? Though some could argue that they could just pick up the current casefile in process, but I think that'd defeat the purpose of it all.
How is their memory being wiped even fair if they can go to their co-workers who more than likely know everything documented which they previously knew before being CK'd? They get the same information back and can then again use it against you.

Return to “Info/Guidelines/Updates Archive”