Note: These currently apply to all factions that operate as gangs or similar to gangs, including MCs. If different gang types need different RoE, we'll look into it, but that'll cause a lot more confusion at the end of the day. We'll be better off updating these RoE accordingly soon.
As an administrator, a role-player highly interested in, and apart of, gang role-play from my very first days on the server and with the community, I have decided to take responsibility for the Rules of Engagement. This will include future changes of the rules and as well additions for them. This will be for the better sake of the role-play and the environment of gangs, and of course also for the rest of the community. So keep your eyes open for anything new. It's your responsibility, in the end, to know and follow the rules.
If you have anything in mind related to the Rules of Engagement, feel more than free to drop me a forum PM here
and I will get to it as soon as possible.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
The Rules of Engagement
apply to every gang on the server, Official and Unofficial
and should be followed fully.
If you're thinking of making or joining a gang on the server then please take a look through all these rules so you understand completely about how things work in gang wars.
The breaking of these rules will not
be tolerated at all. These rules have been designed with role-play in mind, not guns. Remember, you can be admin jailed for not following these gang rules when it comes to any sort of action with your gang.
To the gang leaders: You are 100% responsible if these rules were not followed by ANY member who partakes in the role-play of your gang, insider or well-known outsider. It is entirely your responsibility to make sure that these rules are followed and people abide by them, and you may be punished along with the player violating these rules affiliated with you and your faction.
You can send me a PM by clicking here
if you have any thoughts or ideas on new rules or adjusting the current ones.
You are not allowed to setup and attack an enemy gang unless there are three or more members online. There are exceptions to this rule which include a enemy gang member(s) coming into your own hood, which is recognized and set in stone as your own territory. A hangout spot is fair game for attacks, though.
• This does not exclude gang members that start the violence and bring it upon themselves as a lone individual.
• If a lone member is caught slipping; walking by himself, in a area that calls for it(an alley, for example). A non-lethal attack is ruled as an exception. Non-lethal, will include beating him up, robbing him or even kidnapping him. As long as he isn't killed in the end, or near the danger zone of dying.
No mafias, mobs or civilians are allowed to assist any gangs in wars with rival gangs. Outsiders from other mafias who are connected to the gang are the only ones allowed to assist a gang in wars, as they technically aren’t a part of the mafia itself.
• This rule is shouldn’t need to be explained in further detail, however, there is only exception to this rule: Provided the opposing gang/mafia were to be attacked whilst peace between the two factions by another opposing gang/mafia and vice-versa, they are allowed to defend themselves with whoever decides to partake in that specific incident. From there onward it can graduate to something a bit more full scale.
If you're brutally wounded in a previous gang war/attack by a rival gang. You must stay out of any attack your surviving gang members do on the gang until it is completely over and done with.
• This rule is akin to the mafia war rules. They have to abide by the same thing.
Your gang is allowed to form an alliance with one other gang in the city. You can only be neutral or enemy status with other gangs in the city if you already have an alliance.
• If you are planning an attack against a rival gang alone or with your allies, you must not exceed a 2:1 ratio against the rival gang. Meaning, if they are five members online from the rival gang, you or you and your allied gang can only attack with ten members, no higher. They are exceptions if you or you and your allied gang are hanging out in a place you claim your turf and an enemy gang attacks with a lower ratio, the ratio does not come into effect and every member from each gang can defend against the attackers.
Only certain types of weapons can be used when attacking a rival gang. This rule is to give gang wars a more realistic and enjoyable feel for everyone. It's too stupid to watch gang members running around with grenades or RPG's, it's not the Iraq war that we're fighting. The list below was written completely with realism in mind.
• ALLOWED WEAPONS: Desert Eagle, Colt .45, Silenced Pistols, Pump shotgun, AK-47, any fully automatic sub-machine gun, Country Rifle, Molotov (For the use of burning down businesses, not for killing), all forms of melee weapons.
• DISALLOWED WEAPONS: Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher & Grenade, M4 Assault Rifle (not allowed in ANY case WHAT SO EVER), car bombs, any other unlisted weapons.
No Headquarters camping. You are not allowed to stay at another faction(s) Headquarters for more than five to ten minutes. Only visiting once every one hour.
Less whining and crying when you get killed by an enemy gang. You can question them on why they made these attacks on you but being abusive towards them or calling them names isn't needed at all.
• This rule was put in to stop the constant whining and crying that was happening after someone got killed by an enemy gang. We understand it can get annoying but there is no need to spam local out of character chat with it so please don't do it. If you feel you were killed unfairly then make good use of the Report Player section and we will try to deal with your report as soon as possible.
You are allowed to attack once per day with a large amount (five or more people) and three times per day with a small amount (four or less). Do not exceed this limit of attacks per day. Choose when and where to attack wisely and remember that one hour is required to have passed between each and every attack, before another is planned.
• This rule should hopefully stop the constant attacks per day which leave no time to role-play or ruin any chance of role-playing because bullets are flying around all day. This should also make you choose when to attack wisely and make an attack more thought out instead of just going into an enemy gang turf and shooting away when you feel like it. The one hour cool down does not step into effect, if they are positioned on your turf. Nor if they attack you and run, and you follow immediately, returning fists and/or fire, as a direct retaliation.
If you're killed in an attack and spawn back to your house, without being brutality wounded, you must stay inside the until the current attack at hand is over. Do not go back outside to check, PM another member and ask.
In all of the rules mentioned above, said “turf” is more limited than you think. Your turf is merely an extension of your main headquarters or hang out spot, it isn’t an area that is guarded by snipers in towers and large men with assault rifles. This extension can consist of a 2 block radius around any businesses owned by the gangs themselves, or any businesses owned by the gangs allies. This extension can also consist of a 5 block radius around the headquarters of said gang, or the headquarters of said gangs allies.
• You are not allowed to establish your headquarters within already set and ruled gang turf. This also applies for moving or buying properties to add an extension to your turf, that will cross the borders and overlap an area that is already said turf by another gang, whether official or unofficial.
• The only exception to this addition, that will allow you to do so, is only if agreed by the said owner of the gang turf and your gangs are either allied or neutral.I would like to thank Frankie and Gerald for being the two main factors of setting these rules up.