[GUIDE/HOW TO] Reasoning

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Player Support Mods, Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
Nessa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Aria_Hastings

Re: Reasoning

Post by Nessa » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:30 pm

This thread really gives people something to think about, and I'm sure that most people will think twice before doing something because of what you wrote.
I also want to say that your topics are the very few topics that I really enjoy reading, the perfect english, the examples etc makes me hungry for more. Bravo Lacroix :)

Lacroix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lacroix » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:13 pm

Martin_Warmonger wrote:Personally, I think this server needs stricter rules in accordance with this. If someone gets robbed, they should report it and ask the admin to check the robber's bank account. If the bank account is huge, he had no reason to rob, same for scammers. Then it should result in a ajail. Well, to be honest, I also think RL jail-sentences should be brought into the game, but this is for when the suggestion forum is back up :D

Yeah but I mean, no. I personally have never viewed my bank account as anything IC. My cop account is steadily nearing $1,000,000 (At $850,000 total right now), but I've role-played as only being on the force for five years. I don't think a cop makes a $1,000,000 in five years. Or even ever considering the pay grade. I therefore also doubt any low-ranking gang members (Or even most high-ranking ones) could ever realistically possess one or two million dollars in entirety.

I therefore just react realistically with the money I have. The house I own is only $120,000, and I only own a Toyota Truck. No Cheetah's or anything ridiculous. Just common sense.

Concerning jail sentences, going with no as well. The only one that I think needs a stricter sentence is murder. I don't want to put someone away for a week just because we accidentally happened across him trying to punch someone in the jaw at Idlewood Pizza Stack. People have better things to do, me included, than deal with that kind of crap. Besides, the prisons would be hugely overloaded. The only issue I have with LS-RP is the senseless killing. People try to kill other people in front of cops, even. If doing something like that resulted in a two week jail sentence when caught, I'm sure people would at least smarten the fuck up about it, and hopefully slow down.

Sladin wrote:I also want to say that your topics are the very few topics that I really enjoy reading, the perfect english, the examples etc makes me hungry for more. Bravo Lacroix :)

DIDN'T MAKE ME BLUSH WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Also I'm disappointed this still hasn't been moved to a beginner's forum. Anyone? Please? >:
JUICETICE IS SERVED. DRINK UP, BITCHES.

shame on us,
doomed from the start.
May god have mercy,
on our dirty little hearts

Nessa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nessa » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Martin_Warmonger wrote:Well, to be honest, I also think RL jail-sentences should be brought into the game, but this is for when the suggestion forum is back up :D

You mean that if someone murders he'll get a lifetime sentence? Even a week is beyond the limit. This is a game. Don't bother posting that in the suggestions forums love, won't stand a chance.

Thuggy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Thuggy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Sladin wrote:
Martin_Warmonger wrote:Well, to be honest, I also think RL jail-sentences should be brought into the game, but this is for when the suggestion forum is back up :D

You mean that if someone murders he'll get a lifetime sentence? Even a week is beyond the limit. This is a game. Don't bother posting that in the suggestions forums love, won't stand a chance.

A game where you're supposed to play realistically.

Lacroix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lacroix » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Sladin wrote:You mean that if someone murders he'll get a lifetime sentence? Even a week is beyond the limit. This is a game. Don't bother posting that in the suggestions forums love, won't stand a chance.

Its been suggested before, and recently, and if it weren't for that sub-forum getting locked, it'd still be on-going as it has been for the last month or so. Murder in real-life is supposed to be the be-all end-all decision of your and someone else's life. Presuming you're caught, you'll spend the rest of your life in prison with an incredibly small chance of achieving parole. One day =/= life. Doesn't really compare. I'm not asking for CK's for everyone caught for murder either, but with the current sentence around it, there's no learning over your mistake. Depending what time you get put in prison, you could be out in a few hours even, rarely a full day.

Off-topic but hey.

shame on us,
doomed from the start.
May god have mercy,

Warmonkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: K. Harrison/T. Spencer

Post by Warmonkey » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:39 pm

On that note I still stand with what I said. We are trying to get as close to RL as possible, and in this game... people don't have consciouses, they blow a bus full of people up, get thrown in jail for 24hrs, and the next day, forgot about the bus, and is killed like never before! The only way people will learn not to just go around blowing other people's heads off, is by letting them get a nice, hot, steamingly-long jail sentence. Then we will have more "normal" roleplay.

And if you don't want to bring that in, at least bring in the death sentence! Life for a life, the suspect gets CK'ed if they kill someone else and is caught. This all comes back to the topic, people DON'T THINK BEFORE THEY SHOOT! Which is retarded and shows bad RP. In which is loosely related to this: 80% criminal factions, 20% legal :arrow: :!: :!: :!:
Kenneth Harrison, Esq.
Assistant State Clerk
San Andreas State Legislature
Hon. Thomas Spencer
Associate Justice (Civil Division)
Superior Court of San Andreas
[line][/line]Please contribute to the unofficial IC encyclopedia of LS-RP atImage

Ralph
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: The Bear Jew

Post by Ralph » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Lacroix wrote:Toyota Truck

am disappoint

Lacroix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lacroix » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Tatsuya wrote:

am disappoint

Take it up with Alec bitch <:

shame on us,
doomed from the start.
May god have mercy,

Ralph
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: The Bear Jew

Post by Ralph » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Lacroix wrote:
Tatsuya wrote:

am disappoint

Take it up with Alec bitch <:

to think he inspired me to buy a truck

Callum
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Callum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:29 pm

tl;dr version please.
Dr. Callum Lewis MD - Director of LS-EMS
EMT Recruitment
Fire Fighter Recruitment
Hospital InfomationCentre

Deputy Sheirff II Callum Smith

Unban Coup

Lacroix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lacroix » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Callum wrote:tl;dr version please.

Read it you fucker.

shame on us,
doomed from the start.
May god have mercy,

Wolfest
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Wolfest » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:32 pm

everyone is a dick me and exploits are the only good roleplayers in this server

and jake
NOW RAY BEGIN A NEW ERA OF HIS DAD ORG

Nessa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nessa » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Basically Lacroix is saying that you shouldn't just do something without a reason. Would you rob IRL just for fun? etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong

Lacroix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lacroix » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Sladin wrote:

Basically Lacroix is saying that you shouldn't just do something without a reason. Would you rob IRL just for fun? etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong

You're wrong Wolfest is right.

shame on us,
doomed from the start.
May god have mercy,

Nessa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nessa » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Lacroix wrote:
Sladin wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong

You're wrong Wolfest is right.

He said that everyone is a dick including you? Unless your name is Jake

Return to “Player-Created Guides”