[GUIDE/HOW TO] Reasoning

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Player Support Mods, Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
Adio
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Yeh_Umiren

Re: Reasoning

Post by Adio » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:49 am

Totally with everything you stated, Pierro.

Lawrence
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Christopher Manning

Post by Lawrence » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:12 pm

What you wrote is very interesting, you are right about what you wrote, and unfortunately, people who try this drop it pretty easy: Majority of the people still don't recognize what you do IC'ly and what you do OOC'ly, in fact, they take everything OOC'ly.

It remembers me of a situation I had a few months ago:

I just started role playing with a new kind of mafia/mob and it was extremely interesting. I was "tested" on my nerves, etcetera and then I was driven back to Los Santos. I deliberately role played my character poor, even though I had more than enough money on my account, which I just RP not having, so therefore, I had a pretty whacked-down, troubled-looking skin. He just tells me "Go get yourself some nicer clothes", immediately followed by a PM saying "Change your skin, looks crap". I responded, IC'ly, that I didn't have enough money available to buy fancy clothes, and I was immediately jabbed down with "Don't be such a moron", followed by another PM, "Just change it via the UCP..". The person I was role playing with apparently wasn't up for some role play. Instead, he just wanted me to change the skin and do what he wanted.

That's where I dropped the poor, partly scared, personality of my character.
Not a reserved tester, still trying to help. PM me with anything.

Lacroix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lacroix » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Carmine wrote:You're an example of the kind of player that Lacroix is talking about, you constantly go round and rob people, that's about ALL you do.

Doesn't matter, I know what he does all day, no reason to call him out on it. Just like the first sentence states, I don't expect everyone nor anyone to even start doing this. The concept of role-play for fun or role-play for realism has been thrown around for years now, and realism has won in the sense of debate, but it doesn't stop anything. Some people enjoy playing a story, other people enjoy just playing a game.
JUICETICE IS SERVED. DRINK UP, BITCHES.

shame on us,
doomed from the start.
May god have mercy,
on our dirty little hearts

Kaikoa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kaikoa » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

A good example of this, is drive up to any person on the street IG and ask them if they will kill someone if you pay them 10,000, they will do it regardless of their character.
Dustin Valencia- LOS PODRIDOS
Ralph Suckenfluts- Unknown
CROSSROADS GANG & DRUG PREVENTION CENTER- Overcoming and prospering, one soul at a time.

Lacroix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lacroix » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Kaikoa wrote:A good example of this, is drive up to any person on the street IG and ask them if they will kill someone if you pay them 10,000, they will do it regardless of their character.

Thats a great example, even. The only people who wouldn't are officers or the few people who already do what this thread entails.

shame on us,
doomed from the start.
May god have mercy,

PhillyBlunt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Back from the dead

Post by PhillyBlunt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:08 pm

I have never read something this long on LS-RP, usually I just skim. This caught my attention though and I enjoyed reading it, well done.

Kunis
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: The Don

Post by Kunis » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:46 pm

The only problem that still exists is that there are 2 types of players here on LS-RP, the ones who actually want to Roleplay realistically and the ones that do whatever they want simply because they're bored and want action. Due to this LS-RP won't change, but this thread is still amazing...you've brought up some really good points and it also made me think about my character as a whole, maybe i actually should start thinking of a decent background story to base my character on. At this moment the only thing that makes my character special is having Chronic Bronchitis due to being a heavy smoker, but that's it.
Gerald does also have a character story, but it's never been "used" for excuses or such or has determined Geralds mood or such, but by starting to use "Your" methods it could actually bring not only me but the people that RP around me quality Roleplay.

Even though i sometimes found it amusing to kidnap someone and rob them or such, i've tried to keep it to a minimum since i think we all know that a normal citizen doesn't kidnap or kill people on a regular basis, nor does the actual criminals IRL (Even though they tend to commit alot of crimes perhaps weekly).

Anyways, i'll bring my post to a sudden end here and just make the conclusion that this thread should be stickied for everyone to see, great job Lacroix. (Apologies for my english, i'm not perfect)

The Bellomo Crime Network

(Formerly known as Jockstrap)

Lacroix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lacroix » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:46 am

Lame bump is lame, but could this actually be moved to the Beginners forum? I gather anyone that would have read this thread probably already has at this point, and it would do a lot more good there than here.

shame on us,
doomed from the start.
May god have mercy,

Jimmy_Kane
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jimmy_Braescher

Post by Jimmy_Kane » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:23 am

Move to begginers, and sticky it.
"2012 Champion of the World over Chelsea FC"
"Uma nação com 30 milhões de loucos - A nation with 30 million madmen"
"[Biggest São Paulo State Champion 26 titles] - [4 Brazil Cup Titles] -
[5 Brazillian League Titles] - [2 Times FIFA Club World Cup Champion] -
[Unbeaten Champion of Libertadores of America 2012]"
Sport Club Corinthians Paulista - 1910

Sagia
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Sagia » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:08 am

Lovely...It was fun reading it.

And these days, I found lots of people kidnapping medics, with no proper "reason" for it. :evil:

Sagia Rivera : Went back to England to take care of her sick father.
Irina Volkova : Went back to St. Petersburg, continuing her study.

You start out happy that you have no hips or boobs. All of a sudden you get them, and it feels sloppy. Then just when you start liking them, they start drooping.

Chico__Curro
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Rupert_Moores

Post by Chico__Curro » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Good topic Lacroix. Tasty food for thought

Ralph
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: The Bear Jew

Post by Ralph » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:53 pm

The common attitude of "this is jut a game" isn't helping, either. It's not even a sensible argument. The point of role-playing is to play a role. Acting realistically and role-playing a personality comes with that.

ABT
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: m8

Post by ABT » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Ralph wrote:The common attitude of "this is jut a game" isn't helping, either. It's not even a sensible argument. The point of role-playing is to play a role. Acting realistically and role-playing a personality comes with that.

But it is a game, I'm all for acting "realistic" but if someone does something that people say "wouldn't happen inrl" It dosen't bother me I'm not gonna cream myself and report people for "not rping realistically" I hate it when people try and make this exactly like real life.
GOT MY ROLLIE ON, GOT THE MURDER FACE.

Lacroix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lacroix » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:00 pm

I know, lame bump, but I would still love if this got moved to the beginners section.

shame on us,
doomed from the start.
May god have mercy,

Warmonkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: K. Harrison/T. Spencer

Post by Warmonkey » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 pm

I agree with all this, most of the people on the server just RP being bad-ass gang-bangers with no sense of humor nor anything to stop them from pulling a gun. With my character I am trying to RP as if I am him, and I am REALLY in his shoes. Like currently there is someone I supposedly owe money to, and he is threatening to cap me or some shit. Now, everyone who works with me is all like "Yeah lets go get some heat and blow his ass to hell.". Then I say "No. Are you crazy? This is for the police to handle." And I went to make a report (getting DMed thereafter inside the lobby).

I haven't scammed ANYONE in my LS:RP career, because I know it will be for "the lulz". I know this because I have a steady flow of income, and don't need to do it. I have robbed once, and made $275 out of it, I have never done it thereafter, because my reason was shitty, and I OOCly always feel sorry for the victim. So I have now made my character into a real citizen roleplayer, and I am trying my best for him to only make good decisions with reason behind them.

Personally, I think this server needs stricter rules in accordance with this. If someone gets robbed, they should report it and ask the admin to check the robber's bank account. If the bank account is huge, he had no reason to rob, same for scammers. Then it should result in a ajail. Well, to be honest, I also think RL jail-sentences should be brought into the game, but this is for when the suggestion forum is back up :D
Kenneth Harrison, Esq.
Assistant State Clerk
San Andreas State Legislature
Hon. Thomas Spencer
Associate Justice (Civil Division)
Superior Court of San Andreas
[line][/line]Please contribute to the unofficial IC encyclopedia of LS-RP atImage

Return to “Player-Created Guides”