[Guide] How to start out on LSRP.

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Player Support Mods, Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
Wazowski
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Yo boi Burke

[Guide] How to start out on LSRP.

Post by Wazowski » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Wazowski's LSRP Starting guide.

Disclaimer: This guide won't be for everyone as It's entirely up to you on how you wish to start. This, in my opinion, is the easier way to start out on LSRP

TL:DR: Buy a boat. Fish til you can afford a car then go explore roleplay oppurtunities

If your reading this. You've most likely just recently joined LSRP. So I've made this guide to get you started out on the server. This will generally be for people who have a fresh character who hasn't spent any money on anything yet. What I'm going to teach you is how to start making money and my suggestions on what you should do afterward.

First Steps:

After you've been accepted on the server and have logged in for the first time. You should've spawned at the Los Santos International Airport. You should have around 20k in total in starting money (A lot of it is in the bank) and with this, you can buy a dinghy from the Marina for that price or for about 10k if you can find someone who will sell you one. While I don't recommend fishing for your entire time on LSRP. It's very profitable and It's a very good job to start yourself out with and make some money for a car. Since your at LSX. You should call a taxi at 544 and ask to be taken to Rodeo Bank. (You'll learn where everything is eventually. But It's easier to find your way around if you're a veteran with GTA SA) Once at the bank. Withdraw all your money and such and either take a cab to the Mall and post an ad that you're looking to purchase a Dinghy. Between the Cab ride (which I generally pay my driver 500$ or whatever the meter is charging) and the Ad, you just posted. You should have about 18 - 17k left which is plenty for buying a Dinghy off someone. If you get an offer from anyone. Come up with a good price to offer them or ask them what they want for it. I'll let you figure out how to purchase your dinghy.

Fishing:

Once you have your dinghy. You're ready to start fishing. A full run for fishing makes you 5k in about 10 - 15 minutes depending on how fast you are. I was generally able to finish a run in 20 minutes while constantly PMing with friends. So generally you could make about 25 - 30k an hour with pure fishing. Which would make you enough to purchase a car from the dealership near the bank or off a player.

Depending on what you want to do you can keep fishing or try new things. And that's what the next part of the guide will cover.

I'd also recommend /v buypark'ing your boat near the airport on the coast. That way you'll have easier access to it if you need to log off. Otherwise, It spawns at the Marina which means you'll have to do the unnecessary walking to get there or waste money using a Taxi.

Purchasing a Vehicle and Non-Script Jobs

The backbone of LS-RP is the actual roleplay and character development. Just doing pure script jobs is boring and unrewarding. Depending on what you character is or what he/she wants to do is up to you. You could join the LSPD/SASD or the LSFD or any of the government factions really. Or if they like being illegal then they could join a gang or get involved with the Mafia in their business. It all requires patience and effort in your character's development. There's many guides on how to roleplay a character properly so I'll let you all go read those at your will. But if you truly want to get around on the server. You'll need your own vehicle to drive. That's why I had you fishing. Because in about 2 hours if you manage to complete a run in 10 minutes if you're really fast. You'd make about 60k in 2 hours. Which that's enough for any decent car in the Dealership.

Do what you want to do and you'll find enjoyment in LSRP somewhere but the last part of this guide will cover some of the things you should do if you spend a lot of time on LSRP.

Savings and Conclusion

What I like about LS-RP is if you play for a massive amount of hours on a character (You can check with /stats) you can make some serious money if you take the right steps. You should save 100k and put it in a savings account at the bank. Because every hour it slightly increases the amount of money in your savings by 0.05 percent I believe. So if you leave that money in savings for over 1000 hours. it would accumulate to 1 million and eventually would continue growing. It's just a way to have extra money if you really just want to buy a nice house eventually for roleplay purposes.

I thank you for reading my guide and I hope this helped you on starting to make money on LSRP.
Last edited by Wazowski on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dankus memius

killernotte
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: i am your

Re: [Guide] How to start out on LSRP.

Post by killernotte » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:24 am

Nice and sorted guide.
i am around.

hotdog09

Post by hotdog09 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 am

It's good info, thank you.

Superb
Game Administrator
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Post by Superb » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:28 am

Savings is totally completed after around 1100 hours. If you deposited 100k in the savings account of course.
Nonetheless, good guide.

Jaybird
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Jakobe_Robinson
Location: https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=219&t=528870

Post by Jaybird » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Jaybird
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Jakobe_Robinson
Location: https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=219&t=528870

Post by Jaybird » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Thanks

Mark Wilshire

Post by Mark Wilshire » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Thank you alot.

Alex Cannon
Ingame name: Alex_Cannon

Post by Alex Cannon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:39 am

Thanks for the nice tip on fishing. I'll keep that in mind as I start playing!

Rasky

Post by Rasky » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:29 am

Thank you! Really helpfull.

jovce

Post by jovce » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks

rajazain187
Ingame name: Tania Jordan

Post by rajazain187 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 am

Helpful.

Wazowski
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Yo boi Burke

Re: [Guide] How to start out on LSRP (Or starting a new character from level 1)

Post by Wazowski » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:17 am

I'm glad to know so many of you find this helpful
dankus memius

haraldo1
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: James Klon Rupert Hepburn

Post by haraldo1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Good guide, Thank you, this would be helpful to me when I started playing LS-RP.

.kickback
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: idkanymore

Post by .kickback » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Newb friendly.

Return to “Player-Created Guides”