[Guide] Realistic shootouts.

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: R.Hout, Game Admins, LS:RP Testers, Player Support Mods, Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.

[Guide] Realistic shootouts.

Postby Klunnijs on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:32 pm

Purpose of this guide is to bring more realistic shootouts in LS-RP, mostly between gangs. In this guide I will show you types of shootouts and how to realistically portray them. In my opinion, gang shootouts is really common within LS-RP, that's why I would like to give few tips that in my opinion are the best to realistically perform a shootout.

I. Preparing.

Regardless of the type you're doing the shootout, whether it's a drive by or a walk up you always should roleplay preparing for the actual shootout. Imagine yourself in your characters position IRL. You risk with getting killed by either law enforcement or rival gang members, getting arrested or getting injured badly. The way you prepare for the shootout should reflect the way your character is/has been developed. If you're already a gang member and have participated to other similar situation, you're less trippy than a person who's doing it for the first time. The best way to 'prepare' yourself for such situation can vary from drug usage to self motivation. Below I present you the best example I found with gang members all in different stances ready to pull a walk up:
Spoiler: show

II. Shootout types.

Drive-by
There's multiple types of how you can attack your rivals. Most popular ones are drive-by and walk up. When doing a drive-by you shouldn't exit the vehicle, you shouldn't use all automatic weapons either. Nowadays gang members prefer small weaponry(pistols, uzi pistol etc) or just shotguns. I would personally recommend using only one or none heavy firearm(Shotgun, rifle). Reason why pistols are used often is that they are small, easy to hide/conceal and easy to use. I would personally recommend using RegulatioN's detailed drive-by guide. Good example.

Walk up
It's one of the simplest way to commit a shootout. Only pistols are used in walk ups. Certain number of people walk up on rivals, armed with pistols or submachine guns(Uzi, tec9 etc). Let me make something clear, the walks up you see with AK-47's, Shotguns, M4s and so on are not even close to realistic walk ups. A walk up is mostly done on a /single/ target. You might contradict this statement, but noone would really go against 3-4 people with a pistol only if he has a really strong reason behind it. Walks up are homicides people do to either send a message, solve a personal life issue or a 'business' issue. Those type of murders are also done /smartly/. Attackers tend to catch their targets off guard or in a shady area and not necessarily do it in the open except it's a time limit on your head.
Real life example. [show]

The victims: If a person pulls a gun from up close on you and starts shooting, the most realistic way to interpret it is to stand still and die. If by any chance he starts shooting on your from a fair distance, you take the opportunity to run off for your life and not even think about pulling your gun only when you've reached cover/a fair distance from your attacker.

III. Aftermath.

The aftermath should start with the attacker taking off from the scene. Now, there's 2 cases of murderers. Some tend to ditch their murder weapon and hide it in order to get rid of the evidence that can put their life behind bars and others tend to keep the murder weapon close to themselves in order for law enforcement to not find it, knowing noone has seen them. Anyway, the attackers are still high on drugs/hyped with the situation and would literally spend the rest of the day inside their house/flat contemplating on the situation and drinking their nerves off.

Credits - Klunnijs, RegulatioN
Last edited by Klunnijs on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klunnijs
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [Guide] Shootouts.

Postby RegulatioN on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:37 pm

8)
South Central certified brim
RegulatioN
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby Benjamin Byrd on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:39 pm

This was really needed!
Benjamin Byrd
Gangster
Gangster

Postby s0ci3ty.py on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:48 pm

Good stuff bro
0xs0ci3ty.py x 0x1010101 char;
s0ci3ty.py
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Bora! on Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Completely agree on the walk-up shooting. Point-blank, impossible to miss even with a bad-aim. Being able to run around and scrolling a weapon should not be the right way to go, but to take your hit - roleplay injuries, and if need be, die at the end. Interesting as I assumed this guide was going to be how to effectively "shoot", rather then how to effective roleplay - like you mentioned.

Hope to see this extended as the time goes by. Interesting guide.
no step on snek
spcPresiding Justice, Superior Court,
spcHonorable Matthew Washburn.

spcJoin us at irc.tl / #law
spcLaw and Judiciary, all are welcome.

spcImage Do you wanna join Metro?

Bora!
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester

Ingame name: Jeffrey Walters

Postby Future. on Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:38 pm

good guide
Future.
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -

Postby ertsu1 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:28 pm

clean guide
Bullets tearing you just like a sheet of looseleaf
Give me the loot
Give me the loot please

Banton Brimmin'
ertsu1
Gangster
Gangster

Ingame name: Nashar Greenhill

Re: [Guide] Realistic shootouts.

Postby Cho on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:25 pm

Nice one.
J'viens faire mon beurre, mer de billets, j'fais des longueurs
Toi tu fais l'con, j'parle au scié, parle à mon coeur
Cho
Senior Forum Moderator

Postby Klunnijs on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks for the support.

@Bora! I might extend it in the future, will see.
Klunnijs
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby Inceptio on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Cool guide, my friend.
Inceptio
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby X-Savior on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:54 am

This guide is well done and needs to be read.
X-Savior
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Ingame name: Marty Banks

Postby Jayy. on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:24 pm

Perfect guide. :twisted:

Heart of a hustler. It's pumpin all in ya veins, nigga
Jayy.
Cold Killa
Cold Killa