[Guide] Portraying an Armenian.

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
Kanpol
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

[Guide] Portraying an Armenian.

Post by Kanpol » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:50 pm

As an introduction, I would like to digress that Armenians are not really rooted in America. In Hollywood, they mostly consist of 1st generation and 2nd generation Armenians. When deciding your characters background, you should focus on which city in Armenia he's from (ex. Yerevan) and which part of Yerevan specifically (ex. Kilikia.) On the streets, you would most likely be asked which part of Yerevan you're from. In Hollywood, neighbourhoods usually consist of people that come from specific areas of Armenia. If you're from conflicting cities, that may cause a conflict, whether it be verbal or physical. Armenians that come from Armenia are usually the ones who are indoctrinated into the criminal lifestyle. Armenians from Persia or Syria generally dislike Armenians that come from Armenia and tend to stick to different neighbourhoods. Armenians are able to travel back and forth from the USA and Armenia as it is generally easy to obtain a dual citizenship.

Culture
In the Armenian community, people feed off of respect and there is a lot of traditional behaviour that must be upheld. If somebody is not respected, they are considered a "Kayal", which means "idiot" in English. A Kayal is somebody that has no back up and is generally disliked by most people. There are several taboo things that an Armenian can't be caught doing or else he will be mocked. An example would be oral sex with a female or kissing a female that performed oral sex on you.

Most Armenians conglomerate or hang out around cigarette shops and they are usually heavy smokers. Close friends and family members will greet each other with a traditional hug and a kiss on the cheek. Armenian women are taught from a very young age that they should not engage in sexual activity before marriage. If somebody slept with a woman who is not married, her brother would most likely kill him.

The Tema
A "tema" is a word used to describe a meeting between two individuals or parties to solve general disputes in the Armenian community. A tema would be used in times of conflict, for example: I am talking to another Armenians sister and he's not fond of my behaviour. He will then organize a tema with me and we will both gather our friends and meet up at a park. We would most likely come to an agreement that I would not speak to his sister anymore. If the conflict proceeds further and there might be a killing spree, the "big homies" or older brothers of the two will most likely reach an agreement and squash the beef, but I would still be able to "pachacnel" him (See below).

The Words of Death
Mora kunem or "I fucked your mother"
Bozi txa or "Son of a bitch"
Lavit kunem or "Fuck your family"

If you use these words to somebody that lives by "Chisht kyanq" or "the right life" (which is most people in the Armenian community) you will be shot down, stabbed or beaten to death. Somebody that doesn't live by "Chisht kyanq" lets people disrespect his family and is essentially a coward. Often times, both parties gather their friends and end up in a vicious killing spree. These words are not to be taken lightly. They are fighting words and there is no going back from uttering them.

Pachacnel
Breaking Pachacnel or being Pachacnav means you are essentially "tainted" or "broken." Being Pachacnav basically ruins your reputation in the community. How does somebody break Pachacnel? I'll tell you. Say you speak to somebody's sister and her brother doesn't like this behaviour. He'll have a tema with you and explain that he does not want you to speak with his sister anymore. If you agree with him, but then continue to talk to his sister and break your word, he can Pachacnel you. It basically means you have broken your right to life.

Onward.

The Criminal Lifestyle
Due to a lack of jobs in Armenia, most Armenians resort to criminal behaviour and it is heavily ingrained into their culture. Many Armenians grow up with their fathers, uncles and even older brothers having been to prison. (Note: Most Armenians aren't involved with Armenian Power or a Vor V Zakone, but still engage in criminal activity.) The most common practices of criminal behaviour consist of siphoning gas, selling straw-bought firearms, leasing cars, selling food stamps, credit card fraud, Medicare fraud, tampering with cigarette tax markers, and robbery.

Vor v Zakones
There's really no such thing as an "Armenian Mafia." Armenians that are involved with the mafia are connected to the Soviet Mafia, which are called "Thieves in Law." In order for somebody to be a Vor, he must be vouched by three other Vors. These three other Vors are responsible for this Vor throughout his entire life and if he messes up and his stripes are taken away, so are the stripes of the three other Vors. This is called a "Pachacnel", that they broke. Vors are mostly respected by the Armenian community because they are a third party that solves disputes. Each Vor usually has a "brigade" that consists of around 15 men that are loyal to the Vor. Within Los Angeles, there are several Armenian Vors. Some of these Vors are Harut, Gechi, Pzo, etc. The Vors usually do not work with Armenian Power 13 and the Vor "Pzo" is engaged in a conflict with an Armenian Power member named "Muk" because he insulted his dead father. "Muk" killed Pzo's second-in-command, which lead Pzo to flee to Armenia.

Armenian Power 13
The Armenian Power gang does not really have heavy influence on the Armenian community. They are more of a band of hoodlums that dress like cholos, are heavily tattooed, drive nice cars, speak Armenian as well as slanged English and engage in criminal behaviour as described above. If they spot a shop owner that is known as a Kayal—a person with no back up—they will usually extort him in order to gain tax money. Unlike other Sureño gangs, Armenian Power is not very territorial and is involved in white collar crime. However, they still jump in younger members into the gang. There has even been cases where some older, more established Armenians (aged 40-50) who are well known for their crimes actually "walk in" to the Armenian Power gang and claim the rank of "OG." Their connection to the Mexican Mafia is through Mher Darbinyan, aka "Hollywood Mike." He is suspected to even be a member of the Mexican Mafia itself. Another member who was the godfather of a Mexican Mafia members child, is Paramaz Bilezikchyan, aka "Parik", although he turned snitch and gave up his fellow Armenian Power members to the FBI. Following an indictment in 2011, there has been a rift within the Armenian Power gang. A well-respected member of the Armenian community and influential AP-13 gang member were targeted for taxing by the Mexican Mafia. The AP member refused to pay and was forced to enter protective custody after the Mexican Mafia placed him on the "green light" list. Because he was so well respected, half of the gang decided to split away. They are known only as Westside Armenian Power and refuse to pay taxes to the Mexican Mafia. The other half of the gang that is still considered Sureño is known as AP-13. In prison, AP-13 clique up with the Sureño program and some members are even active on the Mexican Mafia's mesas.
Last edited by Kanpol on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Kanpol revolution

t0m!
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: True Empire Conqueror

Re: [Guide] Portraying an Armenian.

Post by t0m! » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:13 am

thanks for explaining!

Snake Plissken
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Snake Plissken » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:48 pm

I guess I'm making 'Portraying an Georgian' in response to this.

Miqayel_Nazaryan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Miqayel_Nazaryan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:51 am

This was so fucking awesome to read. Thanks bro!

Kanpol
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Kanpol » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:05 am

Updated.
The Kanpol revolution

18th
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by 18th » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:17 pm

I loved every part of this, thanks for the good read.

A Redneck Guy
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by A Redneck Guy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:03 pm

I like this guide. I knew nothing about Armenia and this guide just explained it to me in minutes! Keep up the good work! Hope to see more foreign character guides from you in the future! :D

Kanpol
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Kanpol » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:13 pm

I updated Armenian Power 13.
The Kanpol revolution

Grigoriy_Aranovich
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Grigoriy_Aranovich » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:47 am

Anyone role-playing an Armenian should read this.
efuge efuge

Arseny_Bogomolov
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Arseny_Bogomolov » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Loving this so much.

KalleNz0r
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by KalleNz0r » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:39 pm

Good guide, thank you sir.

Leandro Delarosa
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Leandro Delarosa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:10 am

Cool

Toast
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Hoffman Industries INC

Post by Toast » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Translation corrections:

Mora kunem or "Fuck his mom"

Lavit kunem or "Fuck everything that is good in your life"

Toko_Chivadze
The Mob Boss
The Mob Boss

Post by Toko_Chivadze » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:44 am

Unfortunately, there is nothing Armenian in this "guide" as much as it's full Georgian sub-culture carried out and the terms used are also Georgian.
The Tema
A "tema" is a word used to describe a meeting between two individuals or parties to solve general disputes in the Armenian community. A tema would be used in times of conflict, for example: I am talking to another Armenians sister and he's not fond of my behaviour. He will then organize a tema with me and we will both gather our friends and meet up at a park. We would most likely come to an agreement that I would not speak to his sister anymore. If the conflict proceeds further and there might be a killing spree, the "big homies" or older brothers of the two will most likely reach an agreement and squash the beef, but I would still be able to "pachacnel" him (See below).
"Tema" in Georgian (თემა) means a subject or topic, which is used in the streets to indicate "light conflict" between the parties which can be talked out.
Bozi txa or "Son of a bitch"
Is also a Georgian sentence, which makes no sense and simply refers to "Bitch goat"

The rest of the "death words" you have mentioned, you forgot to add "Tsnakun" which is the really deadliest word in Armenian language and you can easely get killed for this word.

You can find the terms of Georgian urban dictionary here.
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=487752&p=6204671&h ... n#p6204671
8)

Return to “Player-Created Guides”