It is optional but if you want to stay out of bars I'd do the following. Your character should be aware of the consequences, meaning you should be covering up anything that will identify you. Bandannas, hats and glasses worn together will cover up your facial features making you unidentifiable except for what your character is wearing. I.E your name tag cannot be described to law enforcement or other people in general , except for what you were wearing/skin colour etc.
I know this is a game, but try and look intimidating.
Small concealable weapons are perfect for small time street robbery. Pistols/machine pistols such as deagles, colts, micro uzis or even a tec9 is perfect. Having small weapons means easy to hide, purely because it won't raise suspicion to bystanders or police. Anything bigger like shotguns or automatic weapons like AK47s means you have to be more cautious. Don't rule them out of the equation just yet though. If you're by yourself a bigger gun could be useful if you are dealing with more than one person. Bigger gun means the "more" damage it can do, take out somebodys knee cap if they with a shotgun shell at close range then they'll listen.
SURROUNDINGS & COVER.
Be aware of your surroundings, you have to think about this. Are you in a position where police can catch you in the act, what is above you police helicopters. Can any gang members see you trying to jack one of their homies/boys. Being aware of these simple rules will keep you out of bars or being shot/killed by gang members.
If you're on foot try stick to the following
- House Yards.
- Housing projects.
These suggested routes will keep you out of site. Alleys keep you covered as well as back yards of houses, housing projects give you perfect cover from the street. If you try to stay off of the roads as much as possible, most likely nobody is going to see you coming. Especially if you are handling a big gun like a shotgun. This gives you cover from the police and other gang members or civilians, if you get to a main road cross it quickly but make sure the coast is clear. These places will give you cover from the public and you can walk unseen. Easy access to backyards also giving you perfect vision of whose on the street.
MAIN ROADS & PUBLIC AREAS.
High populated areas are a sure way of getting caught. Places like Idlewood for example can be hard sometimes purely because of the high activity from players. Saying this it still can be done, but it’s a fools way of trying to get a quick buck. Police or other players will interfere and you’ll be in strife. There is still a few slick areas where you can be unseen but that’s for you to figure out. Just means you have to be overly cautious in areas like this.
SECLUDED & QUIET AREAS.
The tedious way of finding people sometimes can be hard. But most of my encounters have been just by observing people and where they are going. I find the best places like carparks, apartment complexs, house yards, alleys, projects and other quiet areas. You don’t have to worry about police or even other players interfering. If you get lucky enough you can follow a player into their house, this could lead to drug stashes or even weapons etc. Though be weary of entering houses, other members may be inside which could either be a problem or work in your favor.
If the situation gets heated and the bullets start flying, where are you going to run plan this out before you hit your target. Scope the target before you attempt to rob them, weigh up your options. Whats going on at the time, is there police close by how many people are in the street who could be a possibly threat. Think about your escape route before you rob them. Maybe keep a bicycle or a car a block away so you can get away quickly.
CONTROLLING THE SITUATION.
Always be in the position where you are controlling the situation. Make sure you are running the show, use your tool to instill the fear into your target. Some people will RP fear and just give it up quickly, but some people freak out and let you search them.
- Check for activity around the area i.e other players.
- Scope the target, check for police.
- Approach the target with threats and a ready /me.
- Make him/her face a wall or just face away from you.
- Check for weapons, if they have a concealed weapon take it or disarm the weapon.
- Keep your firearm always pointed at the target keeping it pushed against the back of their head.
- Keep the threats coming while searching for anything of value.
- Take the loot, make the target get on their stomach and leave for your escape route.
Examples of bad forms of a robbery.
- Robbing from bicycles such as the BMX and Low Rider bikes well it isn't against the rules but it is frowned upon. By standers can't see your weaponry and neither can any law enforcement officer. Being robbed from a vehicle like a bike is quite frustrating purely because script wise you cannot see the player pointing the firearm at you. Sure you can state to the person you are robbing that a gun is being pointed at you but most people aren't going to state that when a passing person or police car comes past. Clearly that person would then have trouble for himself, especially in a populated area like Idlewood fear of the gunman should be RPed. This is frowned upon and considered bad RP.
- Robbing from vehicles is fine, but I dislike seeing five people rush you from a car. All typing in capitals wielding M4s and AK47s just for a measely $500. I think it's frowned upon and I consider it bad RP. They are just doing it for the quick e-cash though the RP involved in this is terrible.
I like to take my time when I rob somebody because I enjoy role playing this. This sort of RP shouldn't be about the money you get or the weapons/drugs you can obtain but for the experience. It keeps you on edge IG and provides some great RP. I hope you think about using some of these methods when robbing somebody IG.
Credits - Sneaker / Douglas Wilmington.