[GUIDE] How to get a weapon license.

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: R.Hout, Game Admins, LS:RP Testers, Player Support Mods, Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
P0o
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Xiao Sasaki

[GUIDE] How to get a weapon license.

Post by P0o » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:37 am

Hello, Here I will tell you How to get your Weapon License ?

I saw many players making threads in Question and Answer Section, Asking that I visited whole Forums but cant find out how to get your Weapon License. Now this is the guide, which will tell those new players that How to get this Weapon license ?

In LSRP, There are two types of Weapon License.

1. PF License.
2. CCW License.

PF License: PF License means Private Firearm License. PF allows you the ownership of License. By PF License, You'll be allowed to buy Weapons from Ammunation and kept those weapons in your House/Business etc.

CCW License: CCW License means Carry Concealed Weapon License. CCW allows you to keep the weapon in your hand. You'll have to apply for PF License before applying for CCW License.

How to get PF and CCW License ?

First of all, talking about the requirements of PF License.
1. You must be legal resident of Sanandreas State.
2. You must be 21 years of age
3. In-Game, You must be level 8.
4. Pay a monetary fee of $10,000
These were the requirements, which you have to fulfil before applying for license.

Fill the following Application form in order to apply for PF License.

Application Format for PF License

Code: Select all

[divbox=white][hr][/hr][color=#FFFFFF].[/color]
[aligntable=left,0,0,0,0,0,transparent][img]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n635/GeorgeForan/Los%20Santos%20Police%20Department/Office%20and%20Divisional%20Images/Personnel%20and%20Training%20Bureau/FLDsmall.png[/img]
[size=55][color=#FFFFFF].[/color][/size][/aligntable][aligntable=right,0,0,0,0,0,transparent][b]Los Santos Police Department Headquarters
1 Pershing Square, Los Santos
SA 97447

Firearms Licensing Division
License to Purchase a Firearm
[/b][/aligntable][size=55][color=#FFFFFF].[/color][/size][hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b]Section 1: Personal Information[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]01. Surname:[/b] Lastname
[b]02. Forename:[/b] Firstname

[b]03. City and County of Residence:[/b] City, County
[b]04. Country of Citizenship:[/b] Country
[b]05. Date of Birth:[/b] DD/MMM/YYYY

[b]06.[/b] [color=#2E5894][b][IF US][/b][/color] [b]City, County, State of Birth:[/b] City, County, State
[b]07.[/b] [color=#2E5894][b][IF NON-US][/b][/color] [b]City, Country of Birth:[/b] City, Country

[b]08. Height:[/b] FT' IN"
[b]09. Weight:[/b] XYZ lbs.
[b]10. Eye Color:[/b] Color
[b]11. Hair Color:[/b] Color
[b]12. Gender (tick):[/b] Male [cbf][/cbf] Female [cb][/cb]
[b]13. Race (tick):[/b] White [cbf][/cbf] Black [cb][/cb] Hispanic [cb][/cb] Asian [cb][/cb] Other [cb][/cb]

[b]14. Residence Address:[/b] Street Number, Street Name, Apartment (If Applicable)
[b]15. Contact Number:[/b] 1111111
[b]16. Occupation:[/b] Occupation
[b]17. Business/Employer Name:[/b] Business Name or Forename Surname

[b]18. Business Owner:[/b] Yes [cb][/cb] No [cb][/cb]
[b]19. Business Address:[/b] Street Number, Street Name, Apartment (If Applicable)

[b]20. Do you now possess a valid San Andreas driver's license?[/b] No [cb][/cb] Yes [cb][/cb] [/list]

[hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b]Section 2: Description of Weapons[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]01. What firearm(s) do you plan to purchase and restock regularly (List within specified fields below, maximum of THREE firearms):[/b]

[list]
[b]1.[/b] Make Model Caliber
[b]2.[/b] Make Model Caliber
[b]3.[/b] Make Model Caliber
[/list]

[b]02. If a rifle is listed, confirm that it is not fully automatic, if no rifle is listed, leave empty:[/b] Yes [cb][/cb] No [cb][/cb]

[b]03. If a shotgun is listed, confirm that it is pump action, single loaded, or double loaded, if no shotgun is listed, leave empty:[/b] Yes [cb][/cb] No [cb][/cb]

[b]04. Where will the firearm(s) be stored?[/b] Home [cbf][/cbf] Business [cb][/cb]

[list]If you have listed 'business', provide a link of proof of business ownership: [url=LINK TO SCREENSHOT or BUSINESS REGISTRATION]ACCESS[/url]
[/list]

[b]05. What is your purpose for obtaining a firearm license? (Check all that apply)[/b] Defense [cbf][/cbf] Sport [cb][/cb] Hunting [cb][/cb]
[/list]

[hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b]Section 3: Rules and Restrictions[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]The licensee is responsible for all liability for, injury to, or death of any person, or damage to any property which may result through any act or omission of either the licensee or the agency that issued the license. In the event any claim, suit, or action is brought against the agency that issued the license, its chief officer or any of its employees, by reason of, or in connection with any such act or omission, the licensee shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the agency that issued the license, its chief officer or any of its employees from such claim, suit, or action.

I hereby certify under penalties of perjury that the answers I have given are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief, and that I understand and agree to the provisions, conditions, and restrictions herein or otherwise imposed.[/b]

I, Forename Surname, hereby declare that I have read and understood the restrictions, and understand the consequences that follow should I violate the license rules and restrictions.

[img]SIGNATURE_IMAGE_IF_AVAILABLE[/img]

[/list]
[hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b](( Section 4: Out of Character ))[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]01. Screenshot of Character Level (/stats):[/b] [url=LINK TO SCREENSHOT]ACCESS[/url]

[b]02. LS:RP Forum Name:[/b] [url=LSRP_PROFILE_LINK]LSRP_FORUM_NAME[/url]

[b]03. License abuse is a serious issue, and is considered a [color=#2E5894]ban-worthy offence[/color]. You must only ever be in possession of ONE of each weapon you have applied for and can not mass store or stockpile weapons in any way whatsoever. You must also NOT give ANY firearm to ANY other individual for any purposes, for example, the sale of license-bought firearms. This includes storing firearms so that they may be willfully stolen by those you know.

Please state below, in your own words (copying may lead to a ban from applying), that you are aware of these regulations and the consequences that will follow if they are violated:[/b]

WRITE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT HERE
[/list]
[hr][/hr][/divbox]

After filling your application, Post your application HERE

Coming to CCW, The Requirements are:
1. You must be Legal resident of the state
2. You must at least 21 years of age
3. You must have good cause
4. You must have good moral character
5. You must have acquired a PF license
6. You must be at least level 10.
7. Pay a monetary fee of $20,000.
After fulfilling these requirements, Follow the application format:

Application format for CCW License

Code: Select all

[divbox=white][hr][/hr][color=#FFFFFF].[/color]
[aligntable=left,0,0,0,0,0,transparent][img]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n635/GeorgeForan/Los%20Santos%20Police%20Department/Office%20and%20Divisional%20Images/Personnel%20and%20Training%20Bureau/FLDsmall.png[/img]
[size=55][color=#FFFFFF].[/color][/size][/aligntable][aligntable=right,0,0,0,0,0,transparent][b]Los Santos Police Department Headquarters
1 Pershing Square, Los Santos
SA 97447

Firearms Licensing Division
License to Carry a Concealed Weapon
[/b][/aligntable][size=55][color=#FFFFFF].[/color][/size][hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b]Section 1: Personal Information[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]01. Surname:[/b] Lastname
[b]02. Forename:[/b] Firstname

[b]03. City and County of Residence:[/b] City, County
[b]04. Country of Citizenship:[/b] Country
[b]05. Date of Birth:[/b] DD/MMM/YYYY

[b]06.[/b] [color=#2E5894][b][IF US][/b][/color] [b]City, County, State of Birth:[/b] City, County, State
[b]07.[/b] [color=#2E5894][b][IF NON-US][/b][/color] [b]City, Country of Birth:[/b] City, Country

[b]08. Height:[/b] FT' IN"
[b]09. Weight:[/b] XYZ lbs.
[b]10. Eye Color:[/b] Color
[b]11. Hair Color:[/b] Color
[b]12. Gender (tick):[/b] Male [cbf][/cbf] Female [cb][/cb]
[b]13. Race (tick):[/b] White [cbf][/cbf] Black [cb][/cb] Hispanic [cb][/cb] Asian [cb][/cb] Other [cb][/cb]

[b]14. Residence Address:[/b] Street Number, Street Name, Apartment (If Applicable)
[b]15. Contact Number:[/b] 1111111
[b]16. Occupation:[/b] Occupation
[b]17. Business/Employer Name:[/b] Business Name or Forename Surname

[b]18. Link to Accepted PF Application:[/b] [url=LINK_TO_PF_APPLICATION]ACCESS[/url]
[b]19. Link to Accepted GC Application (if applicable):[/b] [url=LINK_TO_GUARD_CARD_APPLICATION]ACCESS[/url]
[/list]

[hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b]Section 2: Clearance Questions[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]01. Do you now have, or have you ever had a license to carry a concealed weapon (CCW)?[/b]
No [cbf][/cbf] Yes [cb][/cb] (If yes, please detail below):

[b]Issuing Agency:[/b]
[b]Date:[/b]
[b]If Revoked: Reason:[/b]

[b]02. Have you ever applied for and been denied a license to carry a concealed weapon?[/b]
No [cb][/cb] Yes [cb][/cb] (If yes, please detail below):

[b]Agency:[/b]
[b]Date:[/b]
[b]Reason for Denial:[/b]

[b]03. If you served with the Armed Forces, were you ever convicted of any charges or was your discharge other than honorable?[/b]
No [cb][/cb] Yes [cb][/cb] (If yes, explain):

[b]Component:[/b]
[b]Date of Discharge:[/b]
[b]Reason For Discharge:[/b]

[b]04. Are you now, or have you been a party to a lawsuit in the last five years?[/b]
No [cb][/cb] Yes [cb][/cb] (If yes, detail below and add additional fields if necessary):

[b]Category:[/b] Civil [cb][/cb] Criminal [cb][/cb] Appellate [cb][/cb]
[b]Handling Court:[/b] Superior [cb][/cb] Supreme: [cb][/cb]

[b]In progress:[/b] Yes [cb][/cb] No [cb][/cb]

[b]Was the outcome in your favor:[/b] Yes [cb][/cb] No [cb][/cb] N/A [cb][/cb]

[b]05. Are you now, or have you been, under a restraining order(s) from any court?[/b]

[b]Details:[/b]

[b]06. Are you on probation or parole from any state for conviction of any offense including traffic?[/b]

[b]07. Have you ever been convicted for any criminal offense (civilian or military) in the U.S. or any other country?[/b]
No [cb][/cb] Yes [cb][/cb] (If yes, explain including date, agency, and charges. Add additional fields if necessary):

[b]Date of offence:[/b]
[b]Charging Agency:[/b]
[b]Charge:[/b]

[b]08. Have you ever been in a mental institution, treated for mental illness, or been found not-guilty by reason of insanity?[/b]

[b]09. Are you now, or have you ever been, addicted to a controlled substance or alcohol, or have you ever utilized an illegal controlled substance, or have you ever reported to a detoxification or drug treatment program?[/b]

[b]10. Have you ever been involved in an incident involving firearms?[/b]

[b]11. Have you been involved in a domestic violence incident?[/b]

[b]12. Is there any information not applicable to the above fields that you should declare?[/b]

[/list]

[hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b]Section 3: Description of Weapons[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]List below the weapons you desire to carry if granted a CCW. You may carry concealed only the weapon(s) which you list and describe herein, and only for the purpose indicated. Any misuse will cause an automatic revocation and possible arrest.[/b]

[b]1.[/b] Make Model Caliber
[b]2.[/b] Make Model Caliber
[b]3.[/b] Make Model Caliber
[/list]

[hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b]Section 4: Reason for License[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]If the CCW license is desired for self-protection, the protection of others, or for the protection of large sums of money or valuable property, you are required to explain and provide good cause for issuance of the license. For example, has your life or property been threatened or jeopardized? Explain incidents and include dates, times, locations, and names of police agencies to which these incidents were reported.[/b]

[b]Details of Reason for Applicant desiring a CCW License:[/b]

Answer[/list]

[hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b]Section 5: Rules and Restrictions[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]The licensee is responsible for all liability for, injury to, or death of any person, or damage to any property which may result through any act or omission of either the licensee or the agency that issued the license. In the event any claim, suit, or action is brought against the agency that issued the license, its chief officer or any of its employees, by reason of, or in connection with any such act or omission, the licensee shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the agency that issued the license, its chief officer or any of its employees from such claim, suit, or action.

The licensee authorizes the licensing agency to investigate, as they deem necessary, the licensee’s record and character to ascertain any and all information which may concern his/her qualifications and justification to be issued a license to carry a concealed weapon and release said agency of any and all liability arising out of such investigation.

While exercising the privileges granted to the licensee under the terms of this license, the licensee shall not, when carrying a concealed weapon:

[list]• Violate any of the license usage or prohibition criteria guidelines
• Consume any alcoholic beverage.
• Be in a place having a primary purpose of dispensing alcoholic beverages for on-site consumption.
• Be under the influence of any medication or drug, whether prescribed or not.
• Refuse to show the license or surrender the concealed weapon to any peace officer upon demand.
• Impede any peace officer in the performance of his/her duties.
• Present himself/herself as a peace officer to any person unless he/she is, in fact, a peace officer as defined by San Andreas law.
• Unjustifiably display a concealed weapon.
• Carry a concealed weapon not listed on the permit.
• Carry a concealed weapon at times or circumstances other than those specified in the permit.[/list]

Pursuant to U.S. Government Code – Title 49, Chapter 26, Section 1472(1) and Federal Aviation Regulation 121.583, a license to carry a concealed weapon does not authorize a person to carry a firearm or any dangerous weapon aboard commercial airlines. Further, a person must declare that he/she is carrying such firearm or dangerous weapon BEFORE entering the boarding area of an air terminal where the security checks are made. Such violation can result in arrest by law enforcement.

Any violation of these restrictions or conditions may invalidate the CCW license and may void any further use of the license until reinstated by the licensing authority. Any arrest for a felony or serious misdemeanor, including driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, is cause for invalidating the license.

-

I hereby accept and assume all responsibility and liability for, injury to, or death of any person, or damage to any property which may result through any act or omission of either the licensee or the agency that  issued the license. In the event any claim, suit or action is brought against the agency that issued the license, its chief officer or any of its employees, by reason of, or in connection with any such act or omission, the licensee shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the agency that issued the license, its chief officer or any of its employees from such claim, suit, or action.

I understand that the acceptance of my application by the licensing authority does not guarantee the issuance of a license and that fees and costs are not refundable if denied. I further understand that if my application is approved and I am issued a license to carry a concealed weapon, that the license is subject to restrictions placed upon it and that misuse of the license will cause an automatic revocation and possible arrest and that the license may also be suspended or revoked at the discretion of the licensing authority at any time. I am aware that any use of a firearm may bring criminal action or civil liability against me.

I have read, understand, and agree to the CCW license liability clauses, conditions, and restrictions stated in this Application and Agreement to Restrictions and to Hold Harmless.[/b]

[b]Signature:[/b] [img]SIGNATURE_IMAGE[/img]

[b]Print Name:[/b] FULL NAME BLOCK CAPITALS

[b]Date:[/b] DD/MMM/YYYY[/list]

[hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b]Section 6: Certification of Understanding[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]I hereby give permission to the agency to which this application is made to conduct a background investigation of me and to contact any person or agency who may add to or aid in this investigation. I further authorize persons, firms, agencies and institutions listed on this application to release or confirm information about me and statements I have made as contained in this application.

Notwithstanding any other provision of law and pursuant to the Public Records Act (Government Code section 6250 et seq.), I understand that information contained in this application may be a matter of public record and shall be made available upon request or court order.

I hereby certify under penalties of perjury that the answers I have given are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief, and that I understand and agree to the provisions, conditions, and restrictions herein or otherwise imposed.[/b]

[b]Signature:[/b] [img]SIGNATURE_IMAGE[/img]

[b]Print Name:[/b] FULL NAME BLOCK CAPITALS

[b]Date:[/b] DD/MMM/YYYY[/list]

[hr][/hr]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dUCxWca.png[/img] [size=130][b](( Section 7: Out of Character ))[/b][/size]

[hr][/hr]
[list][b]01. Screenshot of Character Level:[/b] [url=LINK TO SCREENSHOT]ACCESS[/url]

[b]02. LS:RP Forum Name:[/b] [url=LSRP_PROFILE_LINK]LSRP_FORUM_NAME[/url]
[/list]
[hr][/hr][/divbox]

Fill the application format, Post your application HERE

Click me

If you need any more help, Feel free to PM me. And also Click on the above link and read all the thread there.
Make sure, You register yourself at PD Private forum.

Any mistakes you find in the guide, PM me or write here. I will edit that. Thanks

shaw
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Bradshaw.

Re: How to get your Weapon License.

Post by shaw » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:37 am

Great job!

I was really looking for this!

P0o
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by P0o » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:39 am

You signature shows that you're level 4. Requirements says you need to be level 6 to get weapon license. Make sure, Level 6 is must.
My friend, Nick Bradshaw :D

shaw
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Bradshaw.

Post by shaw » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:41 am

P0o wrote:You signature shows that you're level 4. Requirements says you need to be level 6 to get weapon license. Make sure, Level 6 is must.
My friend, Nick Bradshaw :D

I know, but I was trying to find it before I get level 6, So that I can make my application ready.
By the way, Thanks for the help!

Suggestion If you use EDIT command for a bit change the subject name to *[Guide] How to get/apply for Weapon Licenses* would be perfect if you look/like.

R-Lx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [GUIDE] How to get a weapon license.

Post by R-Lx » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Good job, will help a lot of people, thanks!

Lews
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Lews » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 pm

You might want to add that story-telling is frowned upon. They're not looking for a novel with the simple conclusion you need weaponry. You have to give proper arguments about why you deserve, and most important: need a weapon license.
(This is from my personal experience).

Hulk™
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -
Ingame name: Morten Madsen

Post by Hulk™ » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am

Looking good man, keep those guides up :)
Current Character: Michael Wass - American Male that running a Barbershop down in Willowfield.
Previous Characters: [list][*]Franklin Reed: Gun smuggler that moved back to Detroit.
[*]Morten Madsen: Well-Known european gangster that took his own life after an overdose of an unknown drug.[/list][/color]Image

Vortex
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Darryl Ravenell

Post by Vortex » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:00 pm

That topic is really nice but everything you wrote here + many other rules and regulations can be found in that section:

http://pd.lsgov.us/forum/viewforum.php?f=327

Michael.M
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Michael_Baldar

Post by Michael.M » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:18 pm

I was looking for this, thank you very much!
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=226530
my topic is for this..

And.. i must be 6/7level to aplicate for weapon license?
Michael.M

YoungCraig
Mafia
Mafia

Post by YoungCraig » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Michael.M wrote:I was looking for this, thank you very much!
http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=226530
my topic is for this..

And.. i must be 6/7level to aplicate for weapon license?

Yes you must be level six for a personal firearm ((PF)), which means you can keep the weapon in your home or business.

Yes you must be level seven for a carry concealed weapon ((CCW)), which means you can carry the weapon as long as it is concealed.
Ben Pajari

Michael.M
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Michael_Baldar

Post by Michael.M » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:52 pm

When i sew applications i hit my head of the PC.
Michael.M

P0o
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by P0o » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:03 am

Michael.M wrote:When i sew applications i hit my head of the PC.

LOL ! Ye, Application is bit embarrasing !

shaheenhumayun
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: M-One

Post by shaheenhumayun » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm sorry if I sound noob-ish but what is a county. Since I live in Idlewood in Los Santos what would the county be, Los Santos? I'm from Canada so we don't have counties, only provinces and cities and of course small towns.
Do it for my Blocka

sameer9092
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Harry Ciclantia

Post by sameer9092 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:02 pm

The links are dead
I, sameer9092, will join the probation scheme in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I am here to help around on the LS:RP forum board among other tasks. I choose to follow the rules inside the scheme. I fully understand I am liable to return back to my original punishment should I not be fulfilling my purpose in the scheme.

Florentin121
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Eric Walter

Post by Florentin121 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:26 am

So-.One question, if someone gets both licenses, they are allowed to carry guns at them/house/business, but they can /buy or something in the ammunation shop? To buy their weapons?
I, Florentin121, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fulfill the groups purpose!

Return to “Player-Created Guides”