[Tutorial] A case for RPing realistically

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Player Support Mods, Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
Jimmie_Simone
Civilian
Civilian

Re: A case for RPing realistically

Post by Jimmie_Simone » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:35 pm

I agree with your Post.

I have played in this server for a while and i have seen two Extremes in Rp: (If its your first time playing these are the only two sides you will see.)

The hardcore "gangstas" who will pull up to you and say "Giv me yo money foo" and when you comply they shoot you, or "OOC punch" you until you do /pay, or power game you to death and then take your money.

Than there are the hardcore italians who are so hard to rp with that its not even worth being around them unless you have an italian character. Who will disrespect you, beat you, talk shit infront of you no matter with who you are with or what you are, and god knows i have been kneecapped by one every occasion that i have talked to one, outside of the family.

How ever if you stray far from these groups and you are not in the Public Service, you are literally either the target of Recruiting, Abuse, or Robberies. The way i see it, either you are a criminal or you are not. There is barely anyone that's in between.

Igor_Sibirov
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Igor_Sibirov » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:20 am

Liten people please I have 2 suggestions:

1).Use /coin as many as you can to leave well...lets say god the desicion wether you fail or succes.

2).If you post here your failure/success screens,we will be able to analyze them in their RP reality side.

I personaly like this thread very much because it helps me play the game more correctly,what leads to more realisticly
,what leads to more fun...

What do you say?

Soap
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Soap » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:10 pm

I actually say, what the hell. It doesn't work like that mate, not everybody has a 1 in 2 chance of succeeding/failing.

Imagine a huge muscular cop trying to restrain a frail old lady. Not attempting would -in theory- be powergaming, but i mean where would the resistance be? You can't /coin is bceause if the old woman won ''/me throws the huge cop off me and runs away''
Like that'd happen .

Igor_Sibirov
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Igor_Sibirov » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:31 pm

True mate.Dumb me.
So I'll "repair" it by saying : If your not sure,or both sides not sure,use the coin.Better be both sides agreement.
In the case of cop against my grandma you fucking print screen and report what can I say....

Craig_Bounce
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Craig_Bounce » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Igor_Sibirov wrote:True mate.Dumb me.
So I'll "repair" it by saying : If your not sure,or both sides not sure,use the coin.Better be both sides agreement.
In the case of cop against my grandma you fucking print screen and report what can I say....

Using coin,its too ramdom.I better keep on my way!Anyway we can use coing too.

P.S Good sugesstion

Igor_Sibirov
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Igor_Sibirov » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:57 pm

P.S Good sugesstion
- danke fur das(thanks)

another one related - truley i learned my best RP lesson through REPORT PLAYER threds(started reading them after being reported and punished).

Andrew_Ferrashi

Post by Andrew_Ferrashi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:06 pm

Good work,couldn't have done it better myself.

Young_Chris
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Maurice_Moore

Post by Young_Chris » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:35 am

very nice. i definitely agree with this topic, people should RP realisticly at all times. RPing realisticly is much fun to me.

Rafa
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -

Post by Rafa » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm also gettin bored of everyone RPing a broke tramp everytime they get robbed to save their e-monies, its annoying, I've robbed over 20 people this week and never got more than 300 dollars.
Wei Ling - Working hard, earning money, Trying to get up in the world with his brother Mao.
Kyzer Cruz - Killed by his own Homies in RedBerry.
Ronnie Black - Moved back to London after shit went wrong in LS.
Rafael Mendez - Shot dead in El Corona.

Aleksey_Bobrov
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Aleksey_Bobrov » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Rafa wrote:I'm also gettin bored of everyone RPing a broke tramp everytime they get robbed to save their e-monies, its annoying, I've robbed over 20 people this week and never got more than 300 dollars.

Dunno about you but I dont carry 60 grand on myself when I go for a walk.

Nicolo_Provinnci

Post by Nicolo_Provinnci » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:01 pm

The real crux of the matter appears to be the roleplayer's stubborness. Regardless of whether or not you support the original poster's idea, it is either side's stuborness which quashes any transition from, what OP says, un-realistic RP to realism. In all honesty, if a person wishes to be Superman, they are going to be Superman, regardless of what kind of response or backlash they get from it. What needs to occur is a change in the psyche of the server, thus roleplay, to allow for this higher level of RP to occur.

Stefan_Bianchi

Post by Stefan_Bianchi » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:10 am

"Newbies Wont Read this Though"

- . . . :roll:

Domjan1911
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Domjan1911 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:01 am

Stefan_Bianchi wrote:"Newbies Wont Read this Though"

- . . . :roll:

Who says?? Im a newbie playing only 2 days and I have read everything in this topic , oh and he said something about 50-inch penis , haha i laughed my ass out , nice job for those that go fuck around in RP server. This is very nice and helpful I appreciate it.
Hmage

Henry_Strife
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Henry_Strife » Wed May 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Totally agreed, great post ;)
Hmage
The first Real ideator of the Los Santos Lottery
Well, when you're trying to create things that are new, you have to be prepared to be on the edge of risk.

Sun_Kang
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Sun_Kang » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Loved this post; this is such a clear and unambiguous argument that I totally agree with. I think a lot of these disputes occur from people refusing to believe they could lose when it comes to RP. I take it as a given that most people create characters with the intentions of that character excelling in his/her life, i.e get a good house, car, job/faction role. However, when RP situations challenge those expecations(by robbing, kidnapping, outgunning, other forms of loss etc) players may refuse to have their character's expectations lowered and so characters transform into 'super-characters' which can overcome all odds and continue on their path to getting a fast car, a big house and a fat salary.

I totally agree with OP about selfishness too. I've been victim of cases where other players simply have to be the victor at the expense of other's enjoyment. When I read this post it sort of reminded me of a scene in a Beautiful Mind where John Nash alters a theory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ywiYboCLk

While not directly linked, I think the above theory can be applied circumstantially to RP. If everyone in an RP was to play "for the win" only one person could possibly achieve their aim and the rest of the group would lose out. I'm not suggesting everyone plays "for the loss", but if everyone was to stop having perfect expectations of their own success we might have a more cohesive experience as a community in RP.
Sun Kang - Reporter for SAN.
Darshan Kapur - struggling to survive, just came across The Wastelanders.

Return to “Player-Created Guides”