[GUIDE] UCP Guide

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
Pitchounette
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

[GUIDE] UCP Guide

Post by Pitchounette » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:14 am

Los Santos Roleplay User Control Panel

1. Global account

Global account is the main ID you used to log on to your UCP to access your characters, an ID where you export your character into.

1.1. Registration
Spoiler: show
Click on the "register" as shown above.

You'll see 10 multiple choice questions regarding LSRP that you'd have to answer correctly.
ImageClick on the "Post answers" button once done.

If you fail, you're going to have to do it again until you pass, and once you do;
You'll be taken to the second step where you have to read the terms of use and type in something inside the box as stated in the page, and click on the "I accept" button. Once you do, you'll be taken to the third step where again, you'll have to read and agree upon the SA:MP license agreement by type on the box and click the "I accept the SA:MP License Agreement" button.

Enter your desired global account ID once you're done with the steps above, the ID doesn't have to fulfill the character registration requirements.

Then insert your valid email address, and click "Finish Registration". Make sure that your email is valid because the login details will be sent to your email.

1.2. Forgot Password
Click on the "login" text.

Click on the "» Forgot your password" text.

Write your global account ID in the Username box, and the email used for the global account registration on it's box aswell, and click on the "Send me a new password!" button.

1.3. Registering a new character

Next, click the "Create Character" button on the black header. Once done, have to go through the Character Application process and wait on the queue for it to be reviewed. If your application is denied, you'll have to review/correct your answers and submit it again till it's decent enough to be accepted, and if you do, you can proceed to importing the character.

1.4. Importing a character

Next, click the "Import Character" button on the black header, write your character name on the "Existing Character:" box and the character password on the "Password:" box, and click "Import this Character" button.

Once you're done, you can access your character by clicking the "Character switch" button, then choose your desired character and click the "Switch to character" button.

!: You can hold up to 5 character on 1 global account.

1.5. Exporting a character
!: Be sure that you are 100% positive that you don't need those character in your global account anymore before you decided to use the Export Character tool.

click on the "Export Character" button on the black header.

Fill in all of the information needed for the character export application, click on the drop down "Select a Character" button and choose your character you wish to export, then provide a reason for exporting that character on the "Export reason:" box, enter the security code from the captcha image and click the "Send Export Application" button. Once done, you will have to wait for the staff team to review your export application. A notification will be sent to the "Mailbox" on your global account after the staff review your application. If they accepted the request, your character will no longer be on that global account anymore.

1.6. Account settings

You'll be automatically directed to the "Settings" tab where you can change your password/email.

"Account information" tab is self-explanatory.

1.7. Lost character password

Next, click on the "Lost Character Password" tab, enter your character name on the "Character name:" box, then enter the security code as shown in the captcha, and click "Reset my password" button. Your details will be sent to your character email.

1.8. Support
!: You should only use this tool if you can't the answer to your question anywhere on the forum.

Select the category you wish to direct your question to, put the subject on the "RE (Subject):" box and explain your problems/questions on the "Your message:" box and provide all of the information the staff might need regarding your problem/questions. Then, enter the security code from the captcha and click on the "Send Message" button.

2. Character

2.1. Password change
Switch to your character you wish to change your Ingame password, click on the "Profile Menu" button on the top header, and then click on the "Edit Settings:" button below, you'll automatically be on the "General" tab.

Fill in the information as needed, and click on the "Save settings" button.

2.2. Public profile
!: You can choose to activate/deactivate your public profile as well as enable/disable the user comment function on your profile. By activating your user profile, other player will be able to click on your name on the online player list and see what's written on your profile page, as well as your donator status and your last in-game activity. By activating your profile comments, other player will be able to write a comment on your profile.

Here's how to access this feature;
Switch to your character you wish to use this feature on, click on the "Profile Menu" button on the top header, click on the "Edit Settings:" button below, and switch on the "Profile related" tab.

If you wish to activate the public profile feature, click on the public profile drop down button and choose "Yes, public profile." option, to activate the profile comments, click on the profile comments drop down button and choose "Yes, allow people to comment on my profile." option.

The huge white box is the one you'll have to modify if you want to put something on your ucp, if you write something on it or put an image with an [img] tag on it, it'll appear on your UCP profile like this;

Before you save your settings, you can also preview your UCP if you need to see the profile you're currently working on by clicking the "Fetch preview" preview button on the bottom.
aaand click on the "Save settings." button once you're done editing.

2.3. Skin change
Switch to your character you wish to change it's skin, and click on the "Profile Menu" tab.

Next, click the "Skin change" option and choose the skin you want. The skin there are the one that are open to public, if you see skins that are not there, that means the skins is restricted/reserved for a specific faction member only.

Once you choose one skin you wanted to use, click on the skin, and confirm the changes. If you're sure, then click "Yes, confirm changes!" button.

2.4. Spawn change:
Switch on to your character you wish to change it's spawn place, and click on the "Profile Menu" tab.

Next, click the "Spawn change:" option. If you don't have a house/not renting anywhere, your only option is the Airport. If you own a house or currently renting in someone's house/apartment, you can change your spawn there by clicking the "House" option and save your change. You can also change your spawn inside the faction headquarter if you are in a faction (i.e. LSPD, etc).

2.5. Donator
!: Bronze/Silver/Gold donator status are not transferable, you can only have the status in one of the character you've donated on. Name/number changes are transferable within the character inside your global account.

Switch to your character you wish to donate on, and click on the "Premium" tab. In there, you'll see all of the benefit on each of the donator status. Scroll down and choose on of the donation options and click on it's link.

You'll see your transaction history after you click on one of the payment options and scroll down to choose one of the membership or name/number change, and you'll be directed to PayPal or DaoPay's site to proceed with the payment.

Note: You'll get the membership/name/numberchange once your payment are completed, for other membership features (Forum rank, vent room, etc.) you are required to open a support ticket and wait for a response.

2.6. Donator panel
Here you can access your items from the donations that you've made along with their expiration date, to access this;
Switch to your character where you've donated on and click on the "Donation Central" button on the header and click on whichever items you needed, be it to donate, changing your phone number, or name.

2.7. Transfer name/number
Switch to your character you wish to transfer your name/number change from, and click on the "Profile Menu" tab.

Next, click on the "Transfer Name/Number" button.

Choose what you wishes to transfer, be it name change or number change, then choose which character you wanted to transfer to within your global account, and the amount of the item. Fill the security code from the captcha and click on the "Transfer it!" button. The item should be on the new character right away.

2.8. Friends list
It's pretty much self explanatory. You can add friend to your friend list to make it easier for you to see their UCP, whether or not he/she is in-game, and so on.

To add a friend, scroll down and click on the "Add new friend" tab, and insert their IG name along with the "_" and click "Add to friends list!" button. They will be notified to their Mailbox whenever you add them to your friend list.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I just registered a new character and got accepted, I tried to log in to the UCP with my character password but it didn't work, what's wrong?
A: You have to register for a global account and import your character inside with the character password given on your email.

Q: I just got an email that my character application has been accepted, then I tried to log in to UCP but it said that it haven't.
A: Log out from UCP completely and log in again.

Updates will be added in time.
i retired. conspiracy intensifies

kavinsky
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Not_Pitchounette

Re: [GUIDE] UCP Guide

Post by kavinsky » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:15 am

Gut gemacht ST!
kavinsky
Prolocutor
Designer
Administrator
Allison Garner
Police Officer
LSPD

Arnold McTrevor
Chief Judge
Department of Justice

JuicyPussy
Mafia
Mafia

Post by JuicyPussy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:17 pm

I created a new character, but I don't see where I can track it and to be updated about it if its denied or not.
Previously known as SweetD
"Why drink and drive while you can smoke and fly"

Highwire
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Demar_Bernstine

Post by Highwire » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 am

SweetD wrote:I created a new character, but I don't see where I can track it and to be updated about it if its denied or not.

Switch to that character.
Former LS:RP Tester | Former FocoTDM Lead Admin | Original Murdaville | HIGHWIRE

Steve Phillips
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Steve_Phillips

Post by Steve Phillips » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:24 am

Really helped me with the some stuffs.
Thank you and really a nice guide! :)
My accounts:
Tracebook || Facebook || LS:RP
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Guides:
Forum Name/Rank || Jobs || UCP || Beginner || LS:RP
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Funny Animations:

Silent.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Silent. » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Yay, I'm helped with this. Thank you, tan.

hakintosh.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Rodney 'Rod' Flockhart

Post by hakintosh. » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:16 pm

There was something i didn't knew before about UCP; thank you.

Extra
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Extra » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:33 pm

kavinsky wrote:Gut gemacht ST!

Yes! what ever he said, heh. Good job Tara!
Don't feed into it, if you feed into it, it's only going to escalate.

Giuseppe_Lujanni
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Simon_McWallace

Post by Giuseppe_Lujanni » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Silent. wrote:Yay, I'm helped with this. Thank you, tan.

Who helps you? I can't pass the test, 'cause the Google Traductor of Google Chrome doesn't found very well. And they use a lot of English Expressions, it's very difficult for Spanish People

TheCoolCooler
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Andrew_Chombors

Post by TheCoolCooler » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:29 pm

This is dumb. i wanna change my Character password because i forgot my currently password... it asks for my CURRENTLY password...

Vowg
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Vowg » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm

TheCoolCooler wrote:This is dumb. i wanna change my Character password because i forgot my currently password... it asks for my CURRENTLY password...

Visit http://www.support.foco.co and open a ticket, explain your problem and add as much detail including account names, emails and character names.

OT: A very nice and useful guide, thank you for this pitch.

sharon89

Post by sharon89 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:36 am

it's detailed。。。good

Hulk™
Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingame name: Morten Madsen

Post by Hulk™ » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 am

Wow, amazing guide :)
Current Character: Michael Wass - American Male that running a Barbershop down in Willowfield.
Previous Characters: [list][*]Franklin Reed: Gun smuggler that moved back to Detroit.
[*]Morten Madsen: Well-Known european gangster that took his own life after an overdose of an unknown drug.[/list][/color]Image

Brotti

Post by Brotti » Thu May 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Hello, I'm new. I don't want to boring the administration, so I will ask here.

How many time is needed to Testers see aplication and to decide ?

Mags
SLS XIII
SLS XIII

Post by Mags » Thu May 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Brotti wrote:Hello, I'm new. I don't want to boring the administration, so I will ask here.

How many time is needed to Testers see aplication and to decide ?

Be patient, there are plenty of appliactions being sent in to testers daily, so it will probably take some time, usually within a day.

Return to “Player-Created Guides”