PBE

Craxx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Leroy Porter

PBE

Post by Craxx » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 am

Hello. I wondered if anyone of you tried PBE?
PBE is basically a LoL client where the upcoming patch + skins + champions will appear. It's just like the normal LoL client, but you have almost endless IP and RP. You can try all the skins you want, and all the champs you want.
If you haven't tried it, or didn't know about it, you might aswell check it out.

https://pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index

LEROY PORTER

Thuggy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: PBE

Post by Thuggy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 am

Play there from time to time. Too many idiots there. There's no banning there either so people constantly troll, leave games etcetera. The lag is huge for Europeans (200+...) and makes it virtually impossible to compete with people that got around 20-30 ping.

Endless RP? Nah. 4,000 RP and 10,000 IP per week. It's not a lot, to be honest. You'll burn out that IP in a minute when buying runes and a few champions (10,000 ain't even enough for runes)

Buy the bundles with the RP and a skin... that's all I can recommend.

anyways, normal LoL>PBE.
500 :twisted:

Craxx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Craxx » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:56 am

Based Thuggy wrote:Play there from time to time. Too many idiots there. There's no banning there either so people constantly troll, leave games etcetera. The lag is huge for Europeans (200+...) and makes it virtually impossible to compete with people that got around 20-30 ping.

Endless RP? Nah. 4,000 RP and 10,000 IP per week. It's not a lot, to be honest. You'll burn out that IP in a minute when buying runes and a few champions (10,000 ain't even enough for runes)

Buy the bundles with the RP and a skin... that's all I can recommend.

anyways, normal LoL>PBE.

Dude, you don't understand PBE then. PBE is to try new skins, and features in the upcoming patch. So I would always play LOL over PBE, but PBE is great for trying the new skins etc.

LEROY PORTER

Thuggy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Thuggy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:30 am

I don't know PBE? Believe me, I do. PBE is the gateway for noobs that can't afford champions/skins on normal LoL, therefore they play on PBE. I don't know if you read what I said thoroughly, but what I meant is that it's impossible to compete with players on PBE, it's not even fun if you're going to have a two second delay before doing an attack, or having every game ruined by leavers and trollers — REGARDLESS of PBE or LoL.

Craxx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Craxx » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Based Thuggy wrote:I don't know PBE? Believe me, I do. PBE is the gateway for noobs that can't afford champions/skins on normal LoL, therefore they play on PBE. I don't know if you read what I said thoroughly, but what I meant is that it's impossible to compete with players on PBE, it's not even fun if you're going to have a two second delay before doing an attack, or having every game ruined by leavers and trollers — REGARDLESS of PBE or LoL.

AS I SAID. I USE IT TO TEST SKINS, AND TO TEST THE UPCOMING PATCH BEFORE IT GETS RELEASED ON THE ORIGINAL CLIENT. DAMN. How can you not understand it?
Fuck competing with other over PBE.

LEROY PORTER

Thuggy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Thuggy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:07 am

Craxx wrote:
Based Thuggy wrote:I don't know PBE? Believe me, I do. PBE is the gateway for noobs that can't afford champions/skins on normal LoL, therefore they play on PBE. I don't know if you read what I said thoroughly, but what I meant is that it's impossible to compete with players on PBE, it's not even fun if you're going to have a two second delay before doing an attack, or having every game ruined by leavers and trollers — REGARDLESS of PBE or LoL.

AS I SAID. I USE IT TO TEST SKINS, AND TO TEST THE UPCOMING PATCH BEFORE IT GETS RELEASED ON THE ORIGINAL CLIENT. DAMN. How can you not understand it?

Sorry, I don't know if you're just generally illiterate because obviously you don't know how to read between lines. :roll:

If you want me to break it down, simplifying it for you, then here we go.

Testing champions is a tedious task as the amount of lag bugs, delays etcetera you experience thus you don't get the full experience and therefore it's pretty annoying and useless to test champions. Skins? Granted, if you just want to check them out and not actually play a match.

Hey, I guess we both have a different opinion regarding this but you really need to chill the fuck down, just saying. I'm speaking for myself here, not you so simmer down, yeah? :lol:

Craxx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Craxx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Based Thuggy wrote:
Craxx wrote:

Sorry, I don't know if you're just generally illiterate because obviously you don't know how to read between lines. :roll:

If you want me to break it down, simplifying it for you, then here we go.

Testing champions is a tedious task as the amount of lag bugs, delays etcetera you experience thus you don't get the full experience and therefore it's pretty annoying and useless to test champions. Skins? Granted, if you just want to check them out and not actually play a match.

Hey, I guess we both have a different opinion regarding this but you really need to chill the fuck down, just saying. I'm speaking for myself here, not you so simmer down, yeah? :lol:

Calm yourself down, don't tell me wtf to do lol. Who do you think you are. You might be a tester, but that does not mean you can speak like shit to everyone else.
We have different opinions, and IMO I think it's great for testing skins, and for example testing the new champions abbilities.

LEROY PORTER

Thuggy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Thuggy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Yeah, I'm telling you to chill the fuck down, and that's that. Being a tester has nothing to do with it, if you can't control yourself on these forums then begone. Enough off-topic.

Yes, it's good for testing skins and whatnot. I'd like to see a server hosted in the east-coast or possibly Europe to fix the latency issues. Testing bugs can be tedious as latency has some involvement (ever heard of latency bugs? yep, they exist here too)

Craxx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Craxx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Based Thuggy wrote:Yeah, I'm telling you to chill the fuck down, and that's that. Being a tester has nothing to do with it, if you can't control yourself on these forums then begone. Enough off-topic.

Yes, it's good for testing skins and whatnot. I'd like to see a server hosted in the east-coast or possibly Europe to fix the latency issues. Testing bugs can be tedious as latency has some involvement (ever heard of latency bugs? yep, they exist here too)

As I told you, I don't give a single fuck about the delay/lags/fuckinghighlatency. It doesn't matter to -ME- I like it for testing skins, and champions.

LEROY PORTER

Thuggy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Thuggy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Well, WHO SAID I'M SPEAKING FOR YOU? This is an open forum, therefore when I reply I reply for myself, not for you. If you want me to break it down further more, I reply, I reply with my opinion, speaking for myself rather than somebody else? Did I imply somewhere in my post that what my post said speaks for everybody? Can you calm down for just a second and put your small grudges aside and think rationally rather than posting stupid stuff and going off-topic yet again even though I told you not to?

Topic does not revolve around you, sorry, it revolves around the subject PBE, so stop acting like this is your community thread or something. :roll:

Craxx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Craxx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Based Thuggy wrote:Well, WHO SAID I'M SPEAKING FOR YOU? This is an open forum, therefore when I reply I reply for myself, not for you. If you want me to break it down further more, I reply, I reply with my opinion, speaking for myself rather than somebody else? Did I imply somewhere in my post that what my post said speaks for everybody? Can you calm down for just a second and put your small grudges aside and think rationally rather than posting stupid stuff and going off-topic yet again even though I told you not to?

Topic does not revolve around you, sorry, it revolves around the subject PBE, so stop acting like this is your community thread or something. :roll:

LEROY PORTER

*Romano*
Best Driver of 2012
Best Driver of 2012

Post by *Romano* » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:08 pm

PBE is cool. When they post some video about upcoming changes I go there and check everything.
Most likely, the PBE is created to test upcoming patches and report for any bugs, but most of the people playing there don't do that. And the fact that you don't get banned there comes with many leavers, afkers and rule breakers.

Image Image
SASD HSIU Videos
Start calling myself the king
for lack of a better title

Thuggy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Thuggy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:15 pm

*Romano* wrote: And the fact that you don't get banned there comes with many leavers, afkers and rule breakers.

Yeah, and that's a pain in the ass. Even though you're testing things out you still want a mature, normal match, no? At least I do. :)

Craxx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Craxx » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Based Thuggy wrote:
*Romano* wrote: And the fact that you don't get banned there comes with many leavers, afkers and rule breakers.

Yeah, and that's a pain in the ass. Even though you're testing things out you still want a mature, normal match, no? At least I do. :)

You can just play against bots. lol

LEROY PORTER

Bloodseeker
sloth
sloth

Post by Bloodseeker » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 am

I agree and disagree at different points with you.PBE is a great addition but of course, normal is a lot better.I'd use PBE to test a champion that isn't implemented into the game yet and so, only - as you say, the leavers and trolls kind of ruin it.

Return to “League of Legends”