Need Assistance.

Lil' J
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Need Assistance.

Post by Lil' J » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Okay so I got League of Legends last night, I played a few games
but i'm insure of who is easy for me to play? I have only experienced two game modes and three characters

First game mode I played was 'Classic' I think, I went Ryze, pretty simple to play, but I didn't have a clue what to do so I pretty much sucked, my friends pretty much carried me through.. (Bot Game)

Second game was again Classic, this time I played Vayne, by this time I had gotten the hang of the purchasing system, but Vayne doesn't really have a 'basic' attack like Ryze so all my moves had a pretty long cooldown untill I leveled up abit more, I didn't enjoy playing Vayne so we just nuked the game asap.

Second Game mode but third game I played was Dominion, where I played Nocturne, Nocturne seemed to kick ass on Dominion I was able to attack different bases with assistance but with pretty high damage eliminating targets quickly and effectively, I thought I had found my character to play.

We played a second game of Dominion and I again picked Nocturne, I owned again, eventhough it was a Bot game, it was only my 4th ever match and I was pretty good, up to the standards of my friends really, even though they have played for a while

Finally I returned back to the 'classic' game mode, this time on Intermediate, we all struggled abit since my friends haven't played in a while, but as Nocturne I was pretty much dying soon as I entered combat, I was having to run away all the time barely doing any damage or anything?

So what I was basically here to ask is, are some people best suited to different champions in different modes? I liked Ryze on Classic, but Nocturne was amazing on Dominion? Does anyone else have the same problem as me where one Champion is super effective in one game mode but super-waste of space on another?

Thanks.

Crocker
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Need Assistance.

Post by Crocker » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:04 am

It depends on what your kind of play style is. Mine personally is to take away the opponents objectives, hence why I am a jungler for my team TSO. From the beginning I suggest you just get a feel for every character that you can get your hands on and have fun with it. Although, I'd suggest to try and save up your influence points, as if you wish to go competitive (playing ranked when you can) you're going to need runes and careful mastery picks. If you didn't know in Summoner's Rift there is standard (in competitve play) set-up:
  • Top lane: A bruiser, such as Lee Sin, Nocturne, Irelia ect... However, some times it is viable to run double AP, such as Fizz, Kennen ect..
  • Mid lane: Normally a AP (ability power) champion such as Morgana, Kassadin, Ziggs and so forth. However in high level play there is some hard counterpicks to this, some AP champions get shut down by some assassin type champions such as Akali or Talon.
  • Jungle: Junglers are characters which are normally bruisers or tanks but are seen to be viable to take damage at early levels (runes are pretty much essential to complete this role efficiently) characters such as: Lee Sin, Maokai, Dr. Mundo.
  • Bottom lane: Bottom lane is normally ran as an AD Carry (a champion which is ranged and deal in attack damage - however their bonus damage on their skills do not have to deal AD, champions such as Tristana) and a support. The support normally sustains the AD carry in the lane with a heal, or an aggresive play style using someone such as Taric to stun, to secure a few free hits onto the opposing AD carry or support character. AD carries deal loads of damage late game if built correctly, unlike AP mid lanes. Supports tend to have some sort of CC or sustain and build auras which enable the team to secure kills or to sustain more damage such as Aegis of the Legion.

Sorry if I rambled on with that nonsense, I was just informing you of that. However to fully answer your question, some champions are more dominating in certain game-types. Champions such as Poppy can 'snowball' easily in Dominion and secure many kills, as long as you maneuver her correctly. Whereas in Summoner's Rift she takes at least roughly fifteen to twenty minutes (assuming your minion score is pretty average/high) to begin to deal substantial damage. If I haven't answered your question effectively please feel free to reply or private message me with your queries, anything else you'd like to know on League of Legends also - my summoners name is now Lord Crocker if you wish to add me in-game.

tw1ster
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by tw1ster » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:59 am

ad kennen

huehuehuehuehuehuehueuhe

play olaf top, cant lose

Des
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Des » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:55 pm

As a sort of beginner, I'd recommend you to watch some vids on youtube.
It'll help you alot, looking at game modes etc for the characters. Although, you should focus on your character's main power. If he's AP, you'd have to build Ability Power items, which would most likely work best essentialy. If you're a bruiser or burstdamager(AD) you'd have to build good qualified attack damage items.

tw1ster
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by tw1ster » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:45 am

Play support on a serious note.

You learn the game and have an easy job.

Return to “League of Legends”