Think LoL will survive with this?

Glenn.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Toby Romaine

Re: Think LoL will survive with this?

Post by Glenn. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:56 am

HoN rules and I'ts alot more fun as it's a straight copy from DoTA, except the heroes skins. If you've played DoTA and were a pro at it go for HoN as it's ten times funnier as everybody has the same chances of succeed because that they don't have a talent tree and runes.

Retired DETECTIVE II Toby Romaine // Retired LS-RP Level 2 Admin Glenn.

Who is Glenn?

Vincent_Orsatti
Borgata
Borgata

Post by Vincent_Orsatti » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Carlos_Salazar wrote:HoN rules and I'ts alot more fun as it's a straight copy from DoTA, except the heroes skins. If you've played DoTA and were a pro at it go for HoN as it's ten times funnier as everybody has the same chances of succeed because that they don't have a talent tree and runes.

So me, a noob, goes into a match with nerds that play it 24/7 and they fuck me up. Is that equal chances of victory? That's not an argument and it's present in all moba type games. LoL is fun aswell just like dota and hon and if you're at least decent, runes don't matter that much except early in game.
2008-2021 - Been a pleasure
Shoutout to the old Mongols MC, Road Slayers MC and every MC from the 2010-2014 era, The Valenti Crime Family

Also known as Lance Sarent (IM RPG 2007) - Viktor Turianov (Mongols Secretary) - Raimundo Diaz (RSMC VP)

bloomey.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by bloomey. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:08 pm

Carlos_Salazar wrote:HoN rules and I'ts alot more fun as it's a straight copy from DoTA, except the heroes skins. If you've played DoTA and were a pro at it go for HoN as it's ten times funnier as everybody has the same chances of succeed because that they don't have a talent tree and runes.

I am playing ranked games without any runes at all and I still get fed. What's your point?
[quote="Astro_Trillz"]
Jesus is an actual person. In my view, Jesus spawned people at the beginning of the world. I don't mean to bring up the Big Bang Theory, but it might be true. Even after the Big Bang, Jesus would be the only person alive. The rest? That's what's up to find out when time machines come. And yes, Jesus can do that type of stuff. He walked on water.[/quote]

Craxx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Leroy Porter

Post by Craxx » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:29 pm

I just tried the tutorial and all, but the whole game seems a bit meesy, I mean... Where to actually read about the spells? I moved the mouse over the ability, it only told me the mana cost, and nothing more.
There was an ability, it just said "passive"... "What the fuck does it do?"

The graphics in HoN is fucking awesome, the blood, and the more dark colours than LoL. But I highly doubt LoL would loose players because of HoN getting free.
I'm still sticking to LoL.

LEROY PORTER

Glenn.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Toby Romaine

Post by Glenn. » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 am

bloom. wrote:

I am playing ranked games without any runes at all and I still get fed. What's your point?

I'm not hatin' at all but I just think it's stupid putting runes and talent trees into a game as it's a RTS game. In my point of view the gameplay even starts when u select heroes as that's a vital point when playing Banning pick. When I've been playing LoL at Lvl 30 I've seen players playing with the same heroes all the time and I just think that makes the game boring in one way. It might not be like this but in HoN u can select any hero you want without paying a darn and you don't need any runes or talents to make the hero better. I still don't know if this is true and if the talents and runes is a vital point in the gameplay, but that's what my friends tell me.

Edit:
This article is really old but my opinion is pretty much as he writes in this article about the differences between the two games. http://www.1up.com/features/clash-dotas ... nds-heroes

Retired DETECTIVE II Toby Romaine // Retired LS-RP Level 2 Admin Glenn.

Who is Glenn?

Vincent_Orsatti
Borgata
Borgata

Post by Vincent_Orsatti » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:03 pm

My friend told me HoN has some sort of rotation champion system and you gotta' pay for some heroes. Fucking retarded. LoL doesn't have that. Another reason HoN sucks.
Shoutout to the old Mongols MC, Road Slayers MC and every MC from the 2010-2014 era, The Valenti Crime Family

Also known as Lance Sarent (IM RPG 2007) - Viktor Turianov (Mongols Secretary) - Raimundo Diaz (RSMC VP)

Savokage
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Savokage » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:59 pm

I played DotA and I didn't like it. I played LoL and I did like it. Guess I'm sticking with LoL then rather than HoN!

Allen.
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Allen. » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:03 pm

starkiller6392 wrote:My friend told me HoN has some sort of rotation champion system and you gotta' pay for some heroes. Fucking retarded. LoL doesn't have that. Another reason HoN sucks.

But you have to pay for skins in LoL. Anyway, LoL is a cool game, I played it a bit.
Miguel 'Conteo' Cruz

bloomey.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by bloomey. » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Allen. wrote:
starkiller6392 wrote:My friend told me HoN has some sort of rotation champion system and you gotta' pay for some heroes. Fucking retarded. LoL doesn't have that. Another reason HoN sucks.

But you have to pay for skins in LoL. Anyway, LoL is a cool game, I played it a bit.

lol. You don't have to. You pay for skins if you want to.
[quote="Astro_Trillz"]
Jesus is an actual person. In my view, Jesus spawned people at the beginning of the world. I don't mean to bring up the Big Bang Theory, but it might be true. Even after the Big Bang, Jesus would be the only person alive. The rest? That's what's up to find out when time machines come. And yes, Jesus can do that type of stuff. He walked on water.[/quote]

bNiike
Gangster
Gangster

Post by bNiike » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 am

Vincent_Orsatti
Borgata
Borgata

Post by Vincent_Orsatti » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:16 pm

bNiike wrote:

Your mother paid you internet and now you googled funny pictures? That's what they said and I played HoN 1-2 years ago and it was bad. :roll:

bNiike
Gangster
Gangster

Post by bNiike » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:58 pm

starkiller6392 wrote:
Your mother paid you internet and now you googled funny pictures? That's what they said and I played HoN 1-2 years ago and it was bad. :roll:

HoN now has the same model as LoL. There's a free hero champion rotation and you can buy hero's with either real life cash or in game currency.

Before this, you paid $30 and unlocked everything in HoN.

Joseph_Rodriguez
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Joseph_Rodriguez » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:31 pm

I wanted to play HoN and really can't see what my friends like at it. The interface is not friendly at all, you barely know who is with you or not and if a gank happens you don't understand anything. I'll stick to LoL and I recommend it to others aswell.
Reserved Tester

"The only thing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it."

J. Belfort

Characters
Spoiler: show
Oliver Scott -SASD
Christopher Merrick - G-Force Crew

AndroG
Mafia
Mafia

Post by AndroG » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Looks pretty nice actually, can anyone tell me the system requirtmens?

Jake
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jackie the kid

Post by Jake » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Joseph_Rodriguez wrote:I wanted to play HoN and really can't see what my friends like at it. The interface is not friendly at all, you barely know who is with you or not and if a gank happens you don't understand anything. I'll stick to LoL and I recommend it to others aswell.

You're only saying that because you're used to playing LoL. LoL is VERY easy compared to HoN. Most HoN players who I know including myself have had no trouble at all adapting to LoL though the majority of LoL players struggle tremendously when they attempt to play the other.

Apart from having a much steeper learning curve, HoN is a lot more balanced in comparison to LoL. It doesn't utilise any of the rune or mastery stuff, which instantly creates a level playing field. A player who has just started is at no in-game disadvantage to one who has been playing months.

My unbiased opinion (since I enjoy both games) is that HoN is a lot better for competitive and more serious play, whereas LoL is a very casual game that you can have a game of here and there.

Return to “League of Legends”