Think LoL will survive with this?

tw1ster
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Think LoL will survive with this?

Post by tw1ster » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:54 pm

If you don't know what I'm talking about: viewtopic.php?f=326&t=183805

Do you think LoL will still be as popular? If you've played Heroes of Newerth you'd notice the pros and cons.. do you think LoL can still compete?

Vincent_Orsatti
Borgata
Borgata

Re: Think LoL will survive with this?

Post by Vincent_Orsatti » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Of course. Has ten times more players that won't quit for an eye candy dota. If HoN free to play would have appeared when LoL had problems with EU servers then they might have switched, but now no. Also it's more complex with runes, levels, masteries and what not. At least the players from LSRP won't switch I think.
2008-2021 - Been a pleasure
Shoutout to the old Mongols MC, Road Slayers MC and every MC from the 2010-2014 era, The Valenti Crime Family

Also known as Lance Sarent (IM RPG 2007) - Viktor Turianov (Mongols Secretary) - Raimundo Diaz (RSMC VP)

bloomey.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by bloomey. » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:24 pm

starkiller6392 wrote:Of course. Has ten times more players that won't quit for an eye candy dota. If HoN free to play would have appeared when LoL had problems with EU servers then they might have switched, but now no. Also it's more complex with runes, levels, masteries and what not. At least the players from LSRP won't switch I think.

HoN is just an uglier Dota.
[quote="Astro_Trillz"]
Jesus is an actual person. In my view, Jesus spawned people at the beginning of the world. I don't mean to bring up the Big Bang Theory, but it might be true. Even after the Big Bang, Jesus would be the only person alive. The rest? That's what's up to find out when time machines come. And yes, Jesus can do that type of stuff. He walked on water.[/quote]

notFred_Morrello

Post by notFred_Morrello » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:31 pm

I don't like HoN looks

bloomey.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by bloomey. » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Couldn't stop myself from downloading it. Gonna play a game now!!!!
[quote="Astro_Trillz"]
Jesus is an actual person. In my view, Jesus spawned people at the beginning of the world. I don't mean to bring up the Big Bang Theory, but it might be true. Even after the Big Bang, Jesus would be the only person alive. The rest? That's what's up to find out when time machines come. And yes, Jesus can do that type of stuff. He walked on water.[/quote]

tw1ster
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by tw1ster » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:45 pm

HoN's anything but uglier; it's alot faster paced game-play, and it does look alot better, but alot of the people who play League of Legends can't afford HoN, the thing is.. I think they'll give HoN a test (Like bloom) and see that it really does run alot better than' LoL (game-play wise) and looks alot better at the same time; but of course looking at it from the gameplay aspect.. it's alot more fast-paced than LoL which might sway some interest it's way, but one thing HoN's -NOT- is noob friendly (atleast it wasn't when I played) which might deter LoL players from playing.

bloomey.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by bloomey. » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:04 pm

LOL, just played my first game, got 7/3/8.

Awesome game I must say, but it takes time getting used to skills, heroes, how to and stuff.
[quote="Astro_Trillz"]

Taifun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Bjorn Thorkell

Post by Taifun » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:16 am

I'll give it a try. Not sure if it's a LoL killer.

drayzyo
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by drayzyo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:09 am

I played HoN professionally and yeah it was a great game, although the fact that they are copying LoL 100%. LoL has like a 10x playerbase then HoN. The HoN f2p restricts you from a lot of shit that you can play with a purchased account. It's a toss up between which game is more competitive, although due to LoL's playerbase I'd say LoL is a lot more competitive. (dreamhack, WCG etc)
free varun ravi until it's backwards

Dustball.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Dustball. » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:12 am

There will always be a group of people who prefer this or that. League of Legends still has a huge fanbase.

ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by ezkNYNE » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:28 am

lol, HoN is a fucked up game.
Ayo? Did i hit a nerve? all u can do is chat shit online bro. bet if we met irl— well you’d not even turn up cuz ur a pussy bro. but still. You know what they say should long winded replies with insults included? it means the preceding comment is true and you’re trying to hide it. dw tho skilla, will be out secret that you love a crack whore u met online xx

The absolute state of LSRP.

drayzyo
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by drayzyo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:05 am

ezkNYNE wrote:lol, HoN is a fucked up game.

It's good, I don't know how you can call it fucked up.
free varun ravi until it's backwards

bloomey.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by bloomey. » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:31 pm

The matchmaking fucking sucks. I got matched with four people in a fucking clan and as soon as we were getting close to them poof dead. I mean seriously.
[quote="Astro_Trillz"]

Vincent_Orsatti
Borgata
Borgata

Post by Vincent_Orsatti » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:45 pm

bloom. wrote:The matchmaking fucking sucks. I got matched with four people in a fucking clan and as soon as we were getting close to them poof dead. I mean seriously.

We have premade matches and can be between a clan and random players aswell. :lol:
2008-2021 - Been a pleasure
Shoutout to the old Mongols MC, Road Slayers MC and every MC from the 2010-2014 era, The Valenti Crime Family

Also known as Lance Sarent (IM RPG 2007) - Viktor Turianov (Mongols Secretary) - Raimundo Diaz (RSMC VP)

Nemmymak
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Nemmymak » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Mann this question shouldn't even be brought up, of course LoL will survive with HoN being F2P. Wait till Dota 2, HoN will have some trouble then :roll:
Daku Akecheta

CAPS LOCK SUNDAY

Return to “League of Legends”