Think LoL will survive with this?

Taifun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Bjorn Thorkell

Re: Think LoL will survive with this?

Post by Taifun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:03 pm

You're so wrong. The person that has been playing for months won't even be matched with/against a player who has just started. The matchmaking system is not really like that, and the rune/masteries really create the difference, and that's what makes LoL so different, it's diversity.

Audi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Kemo

Post by Audi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Ofc, HoN is to hard for some people. LoL is simple and easy to learn and play. Not much to care about.
- Audi
former LS-RP Tester
About me
Questions? PM me.

Jake
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jackie the kid

Post by Jake » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Taifun wrote:You're so wrong. The person that has been playing for months won't even be matched with/against a player who has just started. The matchmaking system is not really like that, and the rune/masteries really create the difference, and that's what makes LoL so different, it's diversity.

What game are you talking about at the start? When I began playing LoL, I queued with my girlfriend who was level 30 already meaning we were matched against a range of levels. Coming from HoN, I was able to adapt pretty quickly to the differences and despite playing with people who had already played 100s of matches and had full mastery/rune pages, I was still able to carry most of my games. The only problem was the fact that most people who do have full mastery and rune pages start with a huge advantage to lower level players who don't. The faster experience gaining was very annoying when playing mid.

Also, don't tell me I'm wrong when I clearly know how both games matchmaking systems work.

bloomey.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by bloomey. » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Jake wrote:
Taifun wrote:You're so wrong. The person that has been playing for months won't even be matched with/against a player who has just started. The matchmaking system is not really like that, and the rune/masteries really create the difference, and that's what makes LoL so different, it's diversity.

What game are you talking about at the start? When I began playing LoL, I queued with my girlfriend who was level 30 already meaning we were matched against a range of levels. Coming from HoN, I was able to adapt pretty quickly to the differences and despite playing with people who had already played 100s of matches and had full mastery/rune pages, I was still able to carry most of my games. The only problem was the fact that most people who do have full mastery and rune pages start with a huge advantage to lower level players who don't. The faster experience gaining was very annoying when playing mid.

Also, don't tell me I'm wrong when I clearly know how both games matchmaking systems work.

You queued with your level 30 girlfriend. 31/2 = you get matched with an average players of level 15. :roll:
[quote="Astro_Trillz"]
Jesus is an actual person. In my view, Jesus spawned people at the beginning of the world. I don't mean to bring up the Big Bang Theory, but it might be true. Even after the Big Bang, Jesus would be the only person alive. The rest? That's what's up to find out when time machines come. And yes, Jesus can do that type of stuff. He walked on water.[/quote]

Jake
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jackie the kid

Post by Jake » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:23 am

bloom. wrote:
Jake wrote:

You queued with your level 30 girlfriend. 31/2 = you get matched with an average players of level 15. :roll:

What's your point? An average level of 15 doesn't mean every player in the game is level 15, nor does it mean the system is completely accurate. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bloomey.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by bloomey. » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:44 am

Jake wrote:

What's your point? An average level of 15 doesn't mean every player in the game is level 15, nor does it mean the system is completely accurate. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

Level 15's don't have runes since those worthy of taken into consideration are 20+. Level 15's also have 1/2 masteries which is not enough to make a difference.
[quote="Astro_Trillz"]
Jesus is an actual person. In my view, Jesus spawned people at the beginning of the world. I don't mean to bring up the Big Bang Theory, but it might be true. Even after the Big Bang, Jesus would be the only person alive. The rest? That's what's up to find out when time machines come. And yes, Jesus can do that type of stuff. He walked on water.[/quote]

bNiike
Gangster
Gangster

Post by bNiike » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Jake wrote:
Joseph_Rodriguez wrote:I wanted to play HoN and really can't see what my friends like at it. The interface is not friendly at all, you barely know who is with you or not and if a gank happens you don't understand anything. I'll stick to LoL and I recommend it to others aswell.

You're only saying that because you're used to playing LoL. LoL is VERY easy compared to HoN. Most HoN players who I know including myself have had no trouble at all adapting to LoL though the majority of LoL players struggle tremendously when they attempt to play the other.

Apart from having a much steeper learning curve, HoN is a lot more balanced in comparison to LoL. It doesn't utilise any of the rune or mastery stuff, which instantly creates a level playing field. A player who has just started is at no in-game disadvantage to one who has been playing months.

My unbiased opinion (since I enjoy both games) is that HoN is a lot better for competitive and more serious play, whereas LoL is a very casual game that you can have a game of here and there.

How is HoN more balenced then LoL? Do you even know what you're saying? Guess how many champions were used in tournaments? Yeah more then half of them we're picked and played and won with.

Once again your making up statements because when you start off in LoL your paired with other newbs and as you progress you earn mastery and runes so does your opponents. You're never paired up with someone level 30 when your level 1. In HoN on the other hand guess what? They throw you in with player's that have been playing for months.

How can you even make a statement of HoN being better in competitive and serious play when you've never played LoL competitively or in high elo?

Matchmaking pairs you up where both teams have a 50% chance of winning which mean's if your team looked like this,

Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 30

The other team will look like this

Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 30

Theoretically that is how your game should look like and both teams have an equal chance of winning. I don't know exactly how much of a nerf it is but runes and masteries are nerf'd when playing against low levels such as yourself.

Return to “League of Legends”