[Team Solomid] The Rain Man's Solo Queue Tier List PART II

Monterini
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: John Bugliano

[Team Solomid] The Rain Man's Solo Queue Tier List PART II

Post by Monterini » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:03 pm

The Rain Man's Solo Queue Tier List PART 2: THIS IS WHAT 1900-2500 PLAYERS ARE USING IN SOLO QUEUE AS OF 7/3/2011

This list is completely subject to change, and I would like to hear your comments on what you think about certain heroes being at certain tiers and why. These are my observations from the past few days to a week in solo queue. This list does include junglers!

Tier 1: OP Flavor of the month heroes who are firstpicked/firstbanned. Twisted Fate, Warwick (Lane), Warwick (Jungle), Rumble, Gangplank (Jungle), Jarvan, Vayne, Alistar, Orianna.

Tier 2: Heroes that are strong, somewhat flavor of the month, but are usually not first picked/first banned. If you see one of these heroes in your game, it will probably be affecting the outcome of the game heavily. These heroes include Brand, Annie, Fiddle (Jungle), Udyr (Lane), Taric, Corki, Poppy, Kayle, Nocturne (Jungle).

Tier 3: Heroes that are strong, but are played much less and by a much fewer variety of players than tier 2 heroes. These heroes can be made viable still with the correct builds and playstyle: Lee Sin (Jungle), Singed, Mordekaiser, Tristana, Akali, Udyr (Jungle), Fiddle (Lane), Karthus, Irelia, Amumu (Jungle).

Tier 4: Heroes that are usually picked 3rd-5th. These heroes can be swapped out for other heroes and your team really won't know the difference. Also, they will have less of an effect on the game than Tier 3 heroes: Janna, Soraka, Sona, Caitlyn, Jax, Ryze, Vlad, Olaf (Jungle).

Tier 5: Heroes that usually don't benefit the team. Anything these heroes can do, support, carry, cc, etc, another hero can do it better. These heroes have seen so little play lately that people almost forgot what moves they have, or really don't even care. <Insert any hero not listed in the other tiers here>

Some heroes that you might be like "wtf? Why is that hero there?":

1. Lanewick tier 1? WTF? Lanewick has strong lane sustainability and the ability to gank really well at 6. He harasses pretty well also, and if you come to this lane as a jungler you can expect a kill.

2. Gangplank tier 1? WTF? Well, lately in solo queue I have been seeing gangplank as the only hero more banned/first picked than TF. He has an insane passive slow, great farmability, and a super steriod from his E that benefits the entire team in teamfights. His W is also a free Quicksilver Sash on a pretty short cooldown, especially with blue buff. Gangplank is really strong at the moment for jungling and laning.

3. Udyr tier 2? WTF? Lane udyr can survive and cs against even the hardest matchups. His lifesteal from W is also insane, and he is probably the strongest top laner in game at the moment.

4. Vlad tier 4? I thought he was OP...WTF? Vlad now is completely manageable in lane, and his teamfighting is pretty weak. Vlad is definately off of my tiers 1-3, and I haven't seen him played in solo queue for a very, very long time.

5. Anivia tier 5? WTF? Anivia is weak, has no mobility, and can only be used for teams that actually can make use of her wall and fighting playstyle. Anivia for me is much like Ashe, and they both have their places, but its not in solo queue.

6. Kayle tier 2? WTF? Lately there has been a influx of players using Kayle in a solo lane. Using the correct runes, I do agree that Kayle can be completely devastating, although her devastation falls off late game. What she lacks in late game damage she can make up for with her ultimate being completely game-changing if used correctly, even though the duration is pretty nerfed.

drayzyo
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Re: [Team Solomid] The Rain Man's Solo Queue Tier List PART

Post by drayzyo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:39 am

gangplank got nerfed but is still viable for jungle.
free varun ravi until it's backwards

Return to “League of Legends”