Saint's 10-Minute Challenge

Scripter or interested in scripting? This place just may fancy to your likings!

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

Saintt
The One and Only
The One and Only

Saint's 10-Minute Challenge

Post by Saintt » Wed May 17, 2017 7:23 am

I decided to challenge myself. I wanted to make something useful within 10 minutes. I chose a death script because it's essential in most every RP script. The reason I decided to make it a max of 10 minutes is to quicken my coding ability.

Download/Code:   https://pastebin.com/za596a46

xdrime
Gangster
Gangster

Re: Saint's 10-Minute Challenge

Post by xdrime » Wed May 17, 2017 7:37 am

I went through the code and it was perfect, for a 10 minutes script i'd give this an A+ :D

Saintt
The One and Only
The One and Only

Post by Saintt » Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 am

xdrime wrote:I went through the code and it was perfect, for a 10 minutes script i'd give this an A+ :D
Thanks man! :)

Private200
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Private200 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:45 am

I believe animations would take me longer than the script itself. Code could have been more optimized and with less variables, but given the time you had, it was a pretty decent job. Personally, I can't even concentrate on scripting for ten minutes unless I really want to script. I will most likely start thinking about something else, change youtube song and see something interesting in my "recommended" list and end up getting lost into videos! Respect for that :)

brace
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by brace » Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 am

For someone who knows jack shit about code.. What is the difference and what does this code implement?

Saintt
The One and Only
The One and Only

Post by Saintt » Thu May 18, 2017 2:05 am

brace wrote:For someone who knows jack shit about code.. What is the difference and what does this code implement?
In the default GTA:SA game, the way you die is not like that. To be honest, it's all for appearance. It could be where you get killed and put in a hospital, but I find more satisfaction of getting someone on the ground and just being able to shoot them a few more times to finish them completely. It's just very satisfactory.

Saintt
The One and Only
The One and Only

Post by Saintt » Thu May 18, 2017 2:06 am

Private200 wrote:I believe animations would take me longer than the script itself. Code could have been more optimized and with less variables, but given the time you had, it was a pretty decent job. Personally, I can't even concentrate on scripting for ten minutes unless I really want to script. I will most likely start thinking about something else, change youtube song and see something interesting in my "recommended" list and end up getting lost into videos! Respect for that :)
Thank you! :)

Return to “Scripting Section”