Blink-182

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

Angles
Donator
Donator

Re: Blink-182

Post by Angles » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:01 pm

This album is a real grower, I had my doubts after the first listen but the entire album is now regularly playing after several more listens. My favourite is definitely Teenage Satellites, because it reminds me of my favourite blink song of all time; Asthenia. Left Alone has a beautiful chorus that also makes it one of my favourites from the album. Cynical is the most 'blink' song on the album, fast punk rock. Los Angeles is a real grower and can take time, but the chorus is great.

San Diego is definitely about Tom because the lyrics are about the production of Neighborhoods and how Tom wanted to stay and record by himself in San Diego whilst Mark and Travis recorded in Los Angeles, which caused tensions in the group that would prevent another album being recorded("And think of every person I lost to San Diego"). The concept of a town taking a hold of someone. "We bought a one-way ticket, so we could go see the cure." The cure is one of Mark and Tom's favourite bands, they even wrote a song with Robert Smith. "I cant sleep because what if I dream of going back to San Diego" can be linked to the idea that Mark wants to forget about San Diego because he lost his best friend to the city taking hold.

Sober should definitely be a single, if it goes on radio it'll make blink very popular again, hell, it's even more pop sounding than All the Small Things.

Overall 8/10. Blink really developed their own sound in this album and I feel it'd slot in nicely between TOYPAJ and Untitled. I miss Tom but Skiba is a nice addition. But shucks, the way Tom is shitposting on twitter nowadays, we may see a four piece featuring Matt Skiba, Tom DeLonge, Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker.
Kings and queens rule the land
There's more and more lines drawn in the sand
Pawns are crooks, Castles are rooks
It's too bad the good books
Written for the sub-classes to introduce morality
Had nothing to do with reality
But then again, who would have ever read them?
We read the par-Quran for lunch
Eat old testaments for a snack
And a little Lulla-bible before bed

Angles
Donator
Donator

Post by Angles » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:14 am

Japanese Bonus Track: [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwAHoit_9y0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Easily better than most songs on vanilla California, cant wait for the 6 song EP with the unreleased California tracks.

Jennings
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Ingame name: cp company

Post by Jennings » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Is Blink even big in Japan?
YouTube
BG of Harmony Oaks Crips (Malik Smith)

damaz
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by damaz » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:58 pm

we may see a four piece featuring Matt Skiba, Tom DeLonge, Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker.

Let's hope, I miss Tom.
i was head of testers, head of factions and an in-game lead admin. i also led a faction called Beasley & Associates now i'm just that washed up swede

Angles
Donator
Donator

Post by Angles » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:05 am

Jennings wrote:Is Blink even big in Japan?

Hell to the yeah
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4DyiphMNms[/video]

The reason blink added a bonus track to Japan was because of the value of their currency and the 17th track would equate to a fair deal with the rest of the world. They did it in Australia and Japan with TOYPAJ with additional tracks Dont tell me that it's over, Time to break up and What went wrong. In 2003 they did it with the UK with a bonus track called "Not Now".

California is also debuted at number 1 on itunes worldwide.

damaz wrote:
Angles wrote:we may see a four piece featuring Matt Skiba, Tom DeLonge, Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker.

Let's hope, I miss Tom.

"talking to Travis about recording and touring right now" was a recent post by Tom on facebook, but it could be anything, could even be a Box Car Racer reunion. Mark isn't having any of it but what made blink so great was the 'push and pull' style of writing between Tom and Mark, which pushed them to write better songs, especially on untitled. Tom also pushed blink to be more creative, which is why there's simple guitar riffs compared to Tom's U2 anthems.

Chefboy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Dan Carroll

Post by Chefboy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:03 am

Aha seeeing them in a month!
Image You Hate To See It.

Barnesky
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: JB

Post by Barnesky » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:12 am

I saw a video of one of their performances a few weeks ago. It's not the same without Tom, but will always be a fan. :D

Angles
Donator
Donator

Post by Angles » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:42 am

Tom's documentary on blink 182

w/s banger
Gangster
Gangster

Post by w/s banger » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:07 pm

They are pretty good. 10/10
One of my favorite bands.

Douglas_Nyswonger
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Lil Thumper

Post by Douglas_Nyswonger » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Angles wrote:This album is a real grower, I had my doubts after the first listen but the entire album is now regularly playing after several more listens. My favourite is definitely Teenage Satellites, because it reminds me of my favourite blink song of all time; Asthenia. Left Alone has a beautiful chorus that also makes it one of my favourites from the album. Cynical is the most 'blink' song on the album, fast punk rock. Los Angeles is a real grower and can take time, but the chorus is great.

San Diego is definitely about Tom because the lyrics are about the production of Neighborhoods and how Tom wanted to stay and record by himself in San Diego whilst Mark and Travis recorded in Los Angeles, which caused tensions in the group that would prevent another album being recorded("And think of every person I lost to San Diego"). The concept of a town taking a hold of someone. "We bought a one-way ticket, so we could go see the cure." The cure is one of Mark and Tom's favourite bands, they even wrote a song with Robert Smith. "I cant sleep because what if I dream of going back to San Diego" can be linked to the idea that Mark wants to forget about San Diego because he lost his best friend to the city taking hold.

Sober should definitely be a single, if it goes on radio it'll make blink very popular again, hell, it's even more pop sounding than All the Small Things.

Overall 8/10. Blink really developed their own sound in this album and I feel it'd slot in nicely between TOYPAJ and Untitled. I miss Tom but Skiba is a nice addition. But shucks, the way Tom is shitposting on twitter nowadays, we may see a four piece featuring Matt Skiba, Tom DeLonge, Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker.

Return to “Rock”