Front Yard Mafia

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, In-Game Leads, Head of Factions, Lead Admins, Game Admins, FM, In-Game Leads, Head of Factions, Lead Admins

Forum rules

Important Faction Announcements

Faction leaders and/or members are strongly advised to regularly check the 'Information, Guidelines & Updates' section frequently, and are responsible to kept themselves updated of any changes made.
ogsherm
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Barlito 27

Front Yard Mafia

Post by ogsherm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:40 pm

February 12, 2017 | 27 comments

BALL 4 LIFE. SAVE A LIFE.
Origins of a life saving youth basketball league made possible by ex-con and former high school superstar, Lonnie Plumlee

By Jose Quezada

In the streets of Los Santos, hoop dreams can quickly turn to pipe dreams. Just ask former high school star Lonnie Plumlee who represented Crystal Gardens to the fullest in his prime stating, “Man, I could score 50 on anybody, any time, any where.” Plumlee waved the orange flag, representing Syracuse Prep back in the day where he averaged 25 points, 5 assists, and 2 steals per game. It was an incredible rise to glory; colleges from all around the nation were offering him scholarships, his highlight mixtapes making waves around the internet, and ambitions were slowly becoming a reality.

Crystal Gardens has found their hero.

Until it came into an abrupt end, “The fame got into my head and it made me complacent. Eventually, I started missing practices and hung with the wrong crowd.” Crystal Gardens’ new found hero quickly fizzled out into a zero. Misdemeanors quickly turned to felonies, shooting basketballs quickly turned to shooting dice, and passing balls quickly turned to passing 8-balls. “I found myself on a whole other ball game where when you make a mistake there ain't no refs to save your ass.” He’s talking about the drug game and it doesn’t play fair. Soon enough, Lonnie caught a federal case and did a long stint in prison (He was charged with possession of controlled substance with intent to distribute and was sentenced for 5 years in state penitentiary.) Lonnie recollects how it felt when he heard his sentence, “My heart sunk, bro. The thought of me leaving the people I love and the game I love rode me into depression.”

During his stint in prison he thought of several ways to battle his depression, but once the idea of a youth league it seemed like his sickness faded away, “Once I had that eureka moment of giving back to my hood and just sharing knowledge and ultimately freeing them from future turmoil with just basketball, things started to get bright again.” His mission is to reach out to kids and teenagers because he believes that if you start early, you engrain the discipline and perseverance required to succeed in the harsh environments of Idlewood, “It ain’t easy in the streets, man. It don’t matter how young or how old you be. You can die at any moments notice and that’s why I had to make this happen.” He boasted of reading a lot of psychology and business books to help him gain knowledge on how to handle kids and teenagers and how to manage his own ventures. Time was spent most in the library for Lonnie and making connections with like-minded individuals in the penetentiary. “I just read and read and read non-stop. Talked to people that share the same mission as me and made promises to make it come true once we get back out in the world. Life ain’t until it’s over, I said to myself that it’s up to you to make positive decisions from here on out.”

As for regrets, Lonnie has none. "Dog, I did that my time but I learned from it and I'm moving the forward. This is for my man King, my main girl Tas and all of the countless others that rode for me. It's time to do you proud."

“Ball 4 Life is catered to kids ages 8-10 and soon-to-be-teenagers ages 11-12. We got them on two divisions the Midgets division for the kids and Aspirants division for soon-to-be-teens. We got 12 teams with 6-8 players for the two divisions.” Ball 4 Life Youth League’s slogan is “Save A Life”, Lonnie believes that basketball or any sport can save many lives. He aims at the youth because he also believes they are the future of our country. He also talked about how he was able to set up such an event, “Well, it wasn’t easy I had to convince the community that we need this for us to move forward as a society as well. I had to go door to door and advertise my league with the help of some of my friends from the hood and from the pen. Plus, it wasn’t just Crystal Gardens I went to, I went to other hoods to so I can promote peace and solidarity between the young ones. The big boys ain’t that easy to change, bro." The commitment it takes to successfully run a youth league in a troubled neighborhood is far from easy, but it is a challenge the ex-con slash former high school star isn't shying away from, "It took a lot of time, blood, sweat, and tears but it was worth it. We’re still going strong for our upcoming second season.”

The talent pool in this youth basketball league is very promising, we see kids as young as 9 doing moves better than some college players. But, if you want to see real raw talent Lonnie says you should wait for the playoffs, "Man, playoffs is where its at! We got the top 8 teams where you see some dope kids slugging it out, then we get to the final four where it gets real competitive and where the parents can get really loud. As, for the finals — that's where future superstars are born. Best believe that!"

Lonnie and his band of brothers, before the start of the league share to them its purpose and give them life advice, “Me and my crew emphasize to the kids that playing this beautiful game of basketball is a privilege and it must not be taken lightly. I always give everyone pep talks before games and life wisdom. I don’t want them repeating what I’ve done wrong. History is the best teacher, if you will. For me, saving or just touching one life; making him reconsider his choices and making you think before you act is already a win for me.”

Related;
BALL 4 LIFE. SAVE A LIFE." posters around Crystal Gardens Housing Projects
latimes.com/sports/highschool/plumlee-shot
WWW.Tha-Streets.com/Gangs/Money-Made-Mafia
www.wbrz.com/ls/local/jefferson/retrial ... 4-year-old
[AUG 27TH, 2012] INTENSE STANDOFF AT IDLEWOOD
Last edited by ogsherm on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:43 am, edited 7 times in total.
Image4 life.

ogsherm
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Front Yard Mafia

Post by ogsherm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:40 pm

ORIGINAL SOURCE:
Money Made Mafia
Money Made Mafia Bloods

Front Yard Mafia was originally a subset under the blood gang, Money Made Mafia, resided in the Crystal Gardens projects, East Idlewood. The sudden death and incarcerations of prime members of the blood gang toppled over the hiearchy, causing the gang to go defunct. The rise of Hispanic gangs, shown across most black neighborhoods, was likely to occur. Causing many of the black families to move from the projects and settle in the sub urban neighborhoods of Los Santos.

While Crystal Gardens had a variety of gangs pop up, ranging from black gangs to hispanics. A few core members of the subset of Front Yard Mafia remained. While avoiding the conflict, Nino "Nemo" Colón, Ivan "Ivy" Mcmillan, and Keyvonte "Key" Pettis were living out of a unit, selling narcotics behind the prominent gangs. In a recent incident, Lamont "Lil Mint" Green, an ex-Money Made Mafia soldier, was shot in a gang related conflict on West Grove Street. Believed to be the source of the trio's narcotics.

Colón, once the upcoming Dominican boxer from Ganton Gym before being involved in an almost fatal car accident in 2015, attended a boxing event in Willowfield. Lonnie Plumlee, now an organizer and coach at Idlewood's youth centre, attended the same event. Through this event, another narcotic connection was made.

Today, Front Yard Mafia has gained structure through the months and a stronger hierarchy. With this, they've gained prominence within the housing projects. While showing some traditions to it's predecessor, Front Yard Mafia is known to be separate to the previous blood gang, Money Made Mafia. Still representing bloods in Los Santos.

Spoiler: show
Hotdog is back
Last edited by ogsherm on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:47 am, edited 12 times in total.
Image4 life.

ogsherm
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Front Yard Mafia

Post by ogsherm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Serving fiends since 1969
ogsherm wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Those who wish to role play, be taken seriously, and rise up the ranks in Front Yard Mafia must read, understand, and agree to these terms and conditions:

Code: Select all

I [b][i][u]Firstname_Lastname[/u][/i][/b] understand that the upper echelon of Front Yard Mafia can and will Character Kill me if they feel fit due to In Character circumstances, I [b][i][u]Firstname_Lastname[/u][/i][/b] agree to being Character Killed if In Character reasons cause it, I will /report a Character Kill and get a new name, or make an alt.

Code: Select all

I [b][i][u][Forum name][/u][/i][/b] also agree that if I break LSRP's rule on either the forums and ingame 3 times in a row, or if I represent the faction poorly I will be kicked from the faction regardless of In Character circumstances.
Send your agreements to me (ogsherm)

OOC Information

Front Yard Mafia helps add to the server’s gang variety and provides guidance for both new and old players in how to accurately portray a modern day gang member. Our members are expected to maintain standards rooted in the gang’s roleplay style and help aspiring members in both their roleplay and character development. Joining members in turn are urged to create and develop their characters according to the Crystal Gardens environment. Players foreign to or unfamiliar with the concepts of this gang are encouraged to PM myself and/or Robby-T.

We also welcome roleplayers interested in roleplaying characters outside of the gang subculture in the Crystal Gardens neighborhood. The development of drug addicts, car clubs, charity programs, housing security, housing clerks, religious groups, home and sidewalk businesses, music artists, and many other concepts are strongly encouraged.

Complaints on members of the Front Yard Mafia should be PMed to me along with questions and/or concerns related to the gang.

Permission to post screenshots is not required.

Credits: Josh_Romero
Last edited by ogsherm on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Image4 life.

Robby-T
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Crystal Gardens

Post by Robby-T » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:50 pm

hey

21st March
Mafia
Mafia

Post by 21st March » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:02 pm

thomeone thay brythtal?

Monty
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester

Post by Monty » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Game time.
Keyvonte "Key" Pettis

puro_norte
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: snoopy

Post by puro_norte » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Good luck, will be watching

CrystalMethamphetamine
Gangster
Gangster

Post by CrystalMethamphetamine » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:40 pm

real brsytal coming back? Not those fake brystal's that's been popping up since Wilcox closed.
IDontUnderstandpost_id=8019178 wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:45 pm
soon dropping the 13 in their varrio and picking up 18 leaving the tax paying lifestyle behind to pay their tributes to themselves.

Jovan Starcevic

Post by Jovan Starcevic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Man i like the thread, following.

ogsherm
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ogsherm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:20 pm

CrystalMethamphetamine wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:40 pm
real brsytal coming back? Not those fake brystal's that's been popping up since Wilcox closed.
Image4 life.

Brookeeee
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Lil Bandit 46

Post by Brookeeee » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:32 pm

if this turns out good I'll join, I lovveee the idea

Dwayne_Faison
Mafia
Mafia