Head of Testers: Jakey
Last Update: 2/JULY/2017
Last Open: 11/SEP/2017
Being a part of our server's staff team is a great privilege, and allows you to contribute to the running of the server and aid in helping players. A competent and active staff team is a fundamental requirement of any good server, and we need mature and experienced individuals to join our team when we open our doors for recruitment. If helping the server and other players interests you, keep on reading.
General Tester Duties
- Application Moderation — testers are responsible for reviewing applications to join our server. They may accept and deny based on the quality of the application and give new applicants feedback on how to improve their application if it is not sufficient. This is one of our server's fundamental processes as it controls who is able to enter and play on our server at any given time.
- Beta Testing — testers will be called upon to help test new features and implementations before they hit the main server. You will get to thoroughly test the ins and outs of these new features and provide feedback to developers so the new features can be brought onto the server with minimal bugs and issues. This could happen at any time, depending on what features are being completed.
- Suggestion Moderation — testers are able to moderate the main suggestions board on this forum. They can interact with players and aid in forwarding any feasible, supported suggestions to the development team for potential future implementation.
- Helping Players — testers are allowed a red name in-game, and given access to help players via the /helpme system. Many questions come through to testers via the helpme system, and they utilise a system to respond to questions and aid players with their advanced knowledge. There are also a few fundamental processes (i.e. spray can requests) that can be accepted or denied by testers whilst in-game.
- Bug Reports — testers are also responsible for checking, testing and confirming any bug reports so that valid bug reports that have proven to be an issue can be forwarded to the development team for a fix as soon as possible.
- *And more
- You need to be able to write and understand English to a high standard.
- Working in a team — the tester team is a large group of people all working together to achieve the same goals. You need to be able to work as part of a small or larger team and work well with others. Teamwork is required to achieve common goals.
- Friendly and respectful — players who are a part of our staff team are representing the server. They must be friendly and respectful to others, and set the right impression on behalf of the staff team. They must be willing to listen to, and support other players and have the patience to handle queries and questions where needed. Being friendly and approachable is a must for staff members.
- IRC — you should connect to our IRC server, mingle with others and gain a basic understanding of this program. This is the main communications program we use for staff team debates and contact, and you are required to connect to IRC when you are a part of the staff team. It benefits your chances to ensure that you are available on IRC and used to the program prior to application.
- Be a member for at least 1 year — staff members require experience and knowledge. You should have at least a year of playing time on the server before applying to become a staff member so you know the ins and outs of commands and the server's affairs.
- All Tester Applications are to be forum PMed to Jakey - otherwise it is not going to be submitted.
- When sending the Application the Subject should be "Tester Application -- [FORUM NAME]" - it makes it easier for me to organize the applications this way.
- Be 100 percent honest in the application, it helps us get to know you better and it helps your chances.
- If you have any additional questions feel free to ask any staff member, or myself. We are always willing to help anyone out.
- Currently gathering up a group of reserved people to join the tester team.
- We are not accepting applications for the tester team.
Application Review -
- The applications are currently being voted on by the staff team. Send in late applications if necessary.
Code: Select all
[b]Ingame name(s):[/b] [b]Real life age:[/b] [b]Location:[/b] [b]Why do you want to be a LS-RP Tester?[/b] [b]Next to the other reserved testers what makes you more qualified than others?[/b] [b]Have you ever been in trouble in the past, on LS:RP?[/b] ((Feel free to go into detail. If resolved or not, etc etc)) [b]Have you ever had any issues with anyone from the staff?[/b] ((Feel free to go into detail. If resolved or not, etc etc)) [b]Do you have and or work on any projects outside or related to LS:RP?[/b] [b]What type of roleplayer are you? (Cop/Gang/Mafia/Gov/Civilian)[/b] [b]How long have you been playing on LS:RP:[/b] [b]How long have you been role playing on SA:MP:[/b] [b]Can and or do you map? If so please post screenshots of you work. Links only.[/b] [b]Have you contributed anything towards LS-RP? If so, what?[/b] [i](Youtube videos, mods, screens, guides, events etc)[/i] [b]Have you ever been a part of a testing or development team before?[/b] [b]Do you write and understand English fluently?[/b] [b]Do you use IRC regularly?[/b] [b]If no to the answer above, are you willing to? / If yes then what is your name on IRC?[/b] [b]How many times have you applied for tester?[/b] [list][b]What common misconceptions about you do you feel others see as flaws?[/b][/list] [b]Anything extra you'd like to add?:[/b]