Robberies

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

LordZ
Trapaholic Lord
Trapaholic Lord

Robberies

Post by LordZ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 am

I was scrolling down general discussions and came upon this topic ( https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=655284 ).

From my knowledge, I know that by "players under lvl 5 shouldn't be involved in robberies", it means that you can't bring a lvl -5 with you to a robbery. I mean everyone seems to agree, no? Somehow because this hasn't been discussed properly, and which is why I'm opening the topic, to get opinions or to get a HIGH LEVEL ADMIN come respond with a decisive answer. It would ruin what LS-RP stands for if you can't roleplay a robbery next to a lvl 5 who isn't your accomplice lol. Opinions?

ps: During my entire time on this server, what I and everyone I knew did, was roleplay with the -5 level guy if he was interfering with a robbery, aim the gun up at him, rob the other person then let both go. If I'm correct this rule was put in place so low levels don't lose money because of their low experience / or go on robbing sprees to make ez mulla.
Fk-Mo

Apophis
Game Admin
Game Admin

Re: Robberies

Post by Apophis » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:22 am

See below.
apophis x plastic x junipero x dogs x leispang x gwb x kirby x zulu x oliver x retina x wei x sao x bd
mis.u

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Posting on this as there's suddenly been a few threads and some misinformation floating around. I'm also going to bring this up for discussion amongst the administration team to re-write the rule so it's super clear and cannot be confused by anybody on the server.

The intention of the robbery level limit is to protect new players. Those that are brand new, inexperienced and only have a few bucks to their name shouldn't be tossed around and robbed of all their assets straight off the bat. They're learning the ropes, getting a feel for what the server's about, and trying to earn enough money to get themselves started. This level limit rule has been around forever as many will know.

Players under level 5 should not be targeted directly as victims of a robbery. They should not be robbed.

Anyone that is under level 5 should not be robbing players, and should not be part of a robbery crew. They cannot be robbed, so they should not be robbing people, nor should they be involved in any crew that is robbing people until they are above the level limit.

If a group of people try to rob a group of, for example, 4 players, and 1 of the people in that group are coincidentally under the level limit, that does not mean that the whole robbery should be voided. That low level person should just not have their assets or money stolen. This is a role-play server after all, and insinuating that low level players provide an aura of robbery protection to anyone they stand next to is silly. It would also mean that players can just drag somebody under level 5 with them when doing gun/weapon deals to avoid being robbed. Nonsense.

If this robbery level limit is blatantly abused to try and avoid robberies outside the new player protection scenario, that is also an admin-jailable or a bannable offence. For example: a high level player using a low level account to move weapons or drugs. That is not OK, and is not a typical scenario that a new player under the level of 5 should be getting themselves into, so that's also easily detectable by players and admins.

As I said, I will bring this rule up for a re-write/revision so the message is clear for everybody.

You are also correct with what you wrote, LordZ.

Thanks.

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 am

Return to “General Discussions”