Being killed for (attempted) car theft

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

oslo
Gangster
Gangster

Being killed for (attempted) car theft

Post by oslo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:28 am

I get killed daily while hotwiring a car, and I'm not really sure if this is allowed or not. I mean, think about it if it happens in real life. You have your gun and you find out that someone is hotwiring your car, and so you shoot and kill him. You just end a person's life just because he tried to steal your car? The intention should be to at least try to stop him from what he's doing, and only if he shows any form of resistance (kinda like the robbing rule) whack him.

Of course there could be different situations where you can't do anything else but shoot, like when you hide drugs/guns in your car and that person is trying to steal it, but I think the deathmatch rule should be updated with this.

AceS|
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Being killed for (attempted) car theft

Post by AceS| » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:42 am

I challenge you to go steal a car in a gang infested neighborhood such as Chicago or Los Angeles and see if you don't get shot at.

three6ix
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Dilma_Rousseff

Post by three6ix » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:58 am

AceS| wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:42 am
I challenge you to go steal a car in a gang infested neighborhood such as Chicago or Los Angeles and see if you don't get shot at.
:!:

Finch
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Finch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:01 am

Depends who it is and where it is. As AceS has pointed out, most gang infested areas wouldn't hesitate.

It's all dealt with on a case by case basis. I don't think this is something that you can paint with one brush, else you're forcing other peoples characters into a roleplay situation they may not otherwise engage in.
Anthony Rowland
Deputy Sheriff I
GTA Modding Moderator

oslo
Gangster
Gangster

Post by oslo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:13 am

AceS| wrote:
I didn't mention gangs or such, I tell you I get killed in every part of the city, Las Colinas, Marina, ELS, Santa Maria Beach, everywhere. Your reasoning is correct, but the problem is that this happens too often even in non-sketchy zones of LS.

Anyway what I wanted to know is, e.g. if some civilian pulls out his Deagle and shots me at Rodeo while I'm stealing his car, will I be able to fr him for deathmatch or not?

Minst
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Clarence Reich

Post by Minst » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:22 am

oslo wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:13 am
AceS| wrote:
I didn't mention gangs or such, I tell you I get killed in every part of the city, Las Colinas, Marina, ELS, Santa Maria Beach, everywhere. Your reasoning is correct, but the problem is that this happens too often even in non-sketchy zones of LS.

Anyway what I wanted to know is, e.g. if some civilian pulls out his Deagle and shots me at Rodeo while I'm stealing his car, will I be able to fr him for deathmatch or not?
I would call that as being unrealistic and report it for DM, yes. A civilian or smart criminal wouldn't risk their legal status over somebody who tries to steal their car.

AceS|
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by AceS| » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:52 am

Not really because you're stealing his car, it wouldn't be considered DM. IRL if someone had a gun they'd most likely point the gun at you and tell you to fuck off or beat the living shit out of you. But here on LS:RP, most "carjackers" don't roleplay fear, continue to hotwire the car, and when it's done, BOOM, they hold W and fly off with your car. That's why people shoot.

LoCascio
Best Mafia Member of 2012
Best Mafia Member of 2012

Post by LoCascio » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:57 am

People need to realize that guns can be used for intimidation and that you don't necessarily have to shoot what you're aiming at.

Also what Aces said above is very true.

Dutty
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Dutty » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:19 am

AceS| wrote:

If I were an admin, I'd ban them right then and there. Shut that shit the fuck down. People like those aren't here to roleplay, they're here to ruin others' roleplay.
LoCascio wrote:
People jump to the opportunity to kill. In addition to that, it's treated as defending yourself In and Out of Character. It takes no roleplay to kill someone, just like it takes no roleplay to shoot someone. It's plenty of other scenarios, but people are either too lazy, too uncreative, or too utterly stupid to think of them.

Bonnyrawbit
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Javari Coleman

Post by Bonnyrawbit » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Its a valid reason, its better for them to try to warn them first, but you cant really FR for it.

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:24 pm

oslo wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:13 am
That really depends on the circumstances. You can't say that everyone killing because of a car theft is breaking the rules. They may have a reason to kill you. For example, there was incriminating or important items in the vehicle. I personally think that only killing because of the (attempted) theft is wrong. Anyway, if you feel the other party is in the wrong, you should post a forum report.
"Sippin' on this 7-7, never been this close to heaven"

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Post by Chanel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:41 am

Like stealing, people love their posessions. You wanting to take that from them is quite the threat, to say the least. Plus, they might think you'll chop it too [considering if it has mods]

DarkAndDreary
Not Crazy
Not Crazy
Ingame name: Alison White

Post by DarkAndDreary » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:49 am

That's extreme for my character at least.
Only once I retrived my stolen car and I just pulled my gun and told the guy to "fuck off".
Which he did, nobody got hurt.

thekillergreece
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Jessica Eponimos

Post by thekillergreece » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:00 am

I would record everytime I see a carjacker in case of non-rp violations. So far, two incidents I pulled my gun as on duty deputy at carjackers, they kept hotwiring and left. Both got ajailed for non-rp gun fear.

Now, is it acceptable to shoot and kill? Maybe it is.
Corporal Jessica Eponimos

Serving the San Andreas Sheriff Department since 7th June 2015.

Pablo.
LS:RP Tester
Ingame name: Jiao Lei

Post by Pablo. » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Quite a grey area and as said above probably best to be handled case by case. Would I be bothered if a gangster in Idlewood shot me if I'm trying to jack his car? No. Would I be frustrated if a civilian in Rodeo emotionlessly executed me like a contract killer if I tried jacking their car - probably.

Return to “General Discussions”