Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

BlueBerry_
Mafia
Mafia

Re: New Business Licensing

Post by BlueBerry_ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Mecovy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 pm
A business requires staff cause how would it function lol. You mean manpower. What I'm saying is remove the criteria as most businesses will fall between the Gray area of LLC and SP. Removing the criteria allows people to choose. Free market after all.

Not really, let me elaborate:
SPs are only appealing to people who conduct business on their own or with their IC spouse, this works the best for people who wish to run an establishment on their own, or with their spouse, think of bars, shops etc. This is also the go-to pick for any kind of freelancer.

LLCs are more appealing to small-medium sized establishments, such as nightclubs and other hospitality establishments. KEEP IN MIND the composition of a LLC (the shareholders) can not be altered after its establishment, thus if one of the shareholders leaves, they are forced to establish the LLC.

Partnerships are more appealing to people who plan on running the business together, as it's a better long term choice, considering the leadership can be altered.

LLPs are essentially a hybrid of a LLC and a Partnership, made specially for professionals whom can be held accountable if they are found guilty of malpractice, such as lawyers, doctors, architects etc.

Joint Ventures are similar to a partnerships, though they allow for a company to take part in the partnership. This appealing to businesses who wish to work together.

Corporations are more appealing to bigger companies, as they offer more leadership freedom than a LLC, because the management of a LLC can not be changed after the establishment.

These 6 business types cover the entire spectrum.

Superb
Senior Forum Moderator
Senior Forum Moderator
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Post by Superb » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 pm

As far as I know a sole proprietorship is a business owned by a single individual but they are able to hire employees as well.

BlueBerry_
Mafia
Mafia

Post by BlueBerry_ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Superb wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 pm
As far as I know a sole proprietorship is a business owned by a single individual but they are able to hire employees as well.
"A sole proprietorship is the simplest and most common structure chosen to start a business. It is an unincorporated business owned and run by one individual with no distinction between the business and the owner."

Mecovy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Harriet Trudeau

Post by Mecovy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Superb wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 pm
Precisely. You've over restricted SPs. I'm well aware what businesses are, the different management's Involved and all effort in business plans so forth. I did it in school and got a B. But what I'm saying is my restaurant for instance I run it entirely myself, but I hire staff. I call the shots and so on but by your restrictions I have to call myself an LLC. Where as I don't wish to it's not accurate. You need to release the restrictions it's not ever going to work for a video game.

El Fabians last words of love towards me.

Elavan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Rajesh Pali

Post by Elavan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 pm

I have one thing to say.
You have to remember that LSRP is a game and players need to enjoy the game.

I spent my entire time on LSRP to run my department. I made sure that people are following rules and they are doing what they told to do.
In the end, they just removed me from the faction without any proper discharge. I know the removal was OOC, but I never did anything that would break the rules OOCly. In fact, I was not even corrupt ICly. I followed every rule and regulation. With the help of other member of my faction, I created and developed new things in my department. We even made some new plans so that people can get the most out of the LSRP.

But
In the end, how was I rewarded?
I was turned into a fucking clown.

Yes, I got surprised in the morning of 26th June. I went online to check the status of my proposals. When I pressed "enter", I saw my character wearing the Clown skin.
Then I realized that everyone was removed from the faction. Then I thought we'll be invited back when they are done with construction of the new faction.
After 2 weeks, we saw that there is a vacancy for Licensing Director. At that point, we realized that everyone is kicked out of the faction and we have to reapply. I must say, I am still very angry for that.

Some of the players just reinstated to RP in LSGOV and they also got removed from the faction.

I like this new faction. But, I hate how they treated the former employees.

Ms.Licther
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Susan Licther

Post by Ms.Licther » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 pm

First;
I do not think it's a big surprise that previous CITY members have been treated the way they have. Unfortunately it is not the first time someone empties the organisation, forward certain demands and leaves the majority in the dark. Certain previous mayor's have done the exact thing. It is a strange pattern, but it has gone somewhat like this;
1. A mayor is elected
2. The mayor remains rather in the shadow until their inauguration. Few or none, are informed about the new mayor's plans.
3. The mayor is inaugurated. He or she installs their own elite team as top-executives and surrounds themselves within this.
3. The mayor and their elite group announces their plans, often without any consultation in regards to already existing members.
4. These plans too often involve a organisation vipe. Key members are simply removed, often without little or no information. I do not think that is a good way of handling organisational change or previous employees. To be honest, I think it's very disrespectful.
5. The mayor and their elite team alone attempt to run the organisation, only to realize that is impossible because of the organisation's structure and function.
6. Some time goes by. The mayor's elite team is slowly getting smaller because it's members realize things were not quite as they imagined.
7. Previous members in the organisation return because the "elite vs rest" is slowly dissolving.
8.1. The mayor continues working along side with the entire organisation. Here the mayor has realized what he or she should have known from the beginning.
8.2. The mayor is banned, goes inactive or simply vanishes.
8.3. The mayor is arrested or resigns.
And the circle repeats itself.
From my perspective this is the recipe for how an organisation like CITY functions. Maybe that is going to change in the future, maybe not. The past is the past. The future is all that is worth discussing.

Second (My intention is to help and advice);
I agree with many suggestions to how licensing ought to be run. From an in real life perspective, it's a great plan. Unfortunately it can be rather difficult to implement it to a game like LSRP. From my experience, people want the practical business roleplay, not a demand for 250 words in their application. I struggle with seeing how it motivates the majority of business owners and licensing officials. Business owners may have little motivation to come up with 250 words, and officials may have little motivation to continual read applications with 250 words with more or less effort in it.
I have encountered very few individuals who truly express interest in the technical factors related to licensing. It has to be in simple format, easy to understand and fast-done. From an IRL perspective; I think the LCC is good, structured and detailed, but again, from LSRP perspective; I fear LCC is too complicated and creates more frustration than good.
Last edited by Ms.Licther on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main Character: Susan E. Licther
15th Governmental Administration Participation (Underhill)

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay, simple acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Mecovy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Harriet Trudeau

Post by Mecovy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 pm

The final line of what elevan said hits it on the head. We all got tossed out and made to reapply. And half of us already know we won't get back In. As the leader i was not aware who and when and what was going on until I was thrown out. Besides the issue with the business structures this is still a sound faction. Have fun with it and we shall see what it will bring to the server. As well with Senate elections and so forth. Also I would like to see an ATC be roleplayed by state. I also agree with Susan entirely.

El Fabians last words of love towards me.

Superb
Senior Forum Moderator
Senior Forum Moderator
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Post by Superb » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Don't derail the topic please. The discussion here is about the new business licensing.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Jonathan_Baccarini

Post by dzgapaan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:11 am

Elavan wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 pm
I have one thing to say.
You have to remember that LSRP is a game and players need to enjoy the game.

I spent my entire time on LSRP to run my department. I made sure that people are following rules and they are doing what they told to do.
In the end, they just removed me from the faction without any proper discharge. I know the removal was OOC, but I never did anything that would break the rules OOCly. In fact, I was not even corrupt ICly. I followed every rule and regulation. With the help of other member of my faction, I created and developed new things in my department. We even made some new plans so that people can get the most out of the LSRP.

But
In the end, how was I rewarded?
I was turned into a fucking clown.

Yes, I got surprised in the morning of 26th June. I went online to check the status of my proposals. When I pressed "enter", I saw my character wearing the Clown skin.
Then I realized that everyone was removed from the faction. Then I thought we'll be invited back when they are done with construction of the new faction.
After 2 weeks, we saw that there is a vacancy for Licensing Director. At that point, we realized that everyone is kicked out of the faction and we have to reapply. I must say, I am still very angry for that.

Some of the players just reinstated to RP in LSGOV and they also got removed from the faction.

I like this new faction. But, I hate how they treated the former employees.
Like me! I reinstated and was fired in a week and half. It was very disrespectful for me. I was fucking wiping my ass off with my in game activity, trying to settle down problems with criminal organizations who were shooting us down, I managed to settle problems with two most powerful organizations, then wasted my time on creating relationship with OCVD (Caracalla and Tate can confirm), then wasted time on Inspections and forum works, also if you remember I was working on project to give public services an interesting suggestion about new RP opportunities, but one day I log in and I see myself in a clown skin being discharged for nothing. Then I hear that some people took over the faction who were not even in the government, but they gave us a hope of getting re-hired. However, during the re-organization they did not ask us for our opinions and did not give us any information. Also, after re-opening the faction they did not invite us. And now they are confused that we are mad. Maybe, if they asked us for our opinions, invited us for some discussions then there would not be so many disadvantages in their new system. As Susan said, LSGOV was failing, because of frequent member and leader changes. LSGOV was not broken. All we needed was a stable memberbase like other factions have. However, the new management did the same mistake as previous leaders of LSGOV. Unfortunately, they did not take in account the nature and mechanisms of this faction while making decisions. This is the reason that the new licensing system is a bit confusing for other players.
Last edited by dzgapaan on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBerry_
Mafia
Mafia

Post by BlueBerry_ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 am

dzgapaan wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:11 am
Also, after re-opening the faction they did not invite us.
You, like everyone else, were invited to submit your resume, no special treatments for anyone.

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Balkan Beast » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 am

BlueBerry_ wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 am
dzgapaan wrote:
You, like everyone else, were invited to submit your resume, no special treatments for anyone.
How about you? x2
Esco, iGrimey, and Paps are gay.
Stephanie is honorary gay.
Odems and Oliver are infa gay.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Jonathan_Baccarini

Post by dzgapaan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 am

BlueBerry_ wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 am
dzgapaan wrote:
I've never asked for a special treatment and no one from other members have asked for it. We asked to be in the faction for which we have already applied and were fired for unknown reasons.

And yes, how about you? Being State rep. is not an experience of management or leadership. Is State Gov ready to share experiences of all new members who are in the government? I mean, have you ever been in the Bureau of Licensing? Have you ever been director of it? Why did you deserve the special treatment? How come that you became my boss in a day, fired me with out any sufficient reasons and asked me to waste my time once again to write an application. Maybe tell us, why you deserve the special treatment?

otter
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by otter » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:49 am

I'm locking this thread as it has turned from something that could be productive into an outlet for those that are frustrated by change. Yes, people were removed from their posts: the idea of this revamp is that the faction starts afresh, and that means cleaning house whilst we're at it. Every past faction member was invited to apply for the listed vacancies and whether they do so or not is up to them; I feel like I've said this a million times, but you can message me if you have an issue with anything pertinent to the state government - the general discussion board is not an appropriate medium.

Return to “General Discussions”