Killing cops for dumb reasons

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.
Locked
Bonnyrawbit
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:35 am
Ingame name: Javari Coleman

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by Bonnyrawbit » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 am

Ive been told many times I need to be cuffed and searched for a jaywalking fine or misuse of hotline fines and they get shot because they know damn well they have no reason to search me for a jaywalking fine, 95% of cops on lsrp think saying no to a search is resisting and they get shot because they try to arrest people for doing what their rights tell them to. Obviously I know people will shoot cops over a small fine when they dont need to, but you have cops who act way out of line and basically ASK to get shot. Ive seen PD go around at stacks calling people niggers while on duty which would even get you fired IRL, ive seen SD act like theyre stack rats sitting there for 20 minutes while on duty provoking people and when they get hit with a fist they go and shoot the guy, they got shot back and they complained DM???? How do all these cops act like this then complain when people take action IC? Being in PD SD doesnt mean you're special OOC and can't get fought or shot over IC reasons.
Image

User avatar
Amity
LS:RP Tester
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by Amity » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 am

Bonnyrawbit wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 am
Ive been told many times I need to be cuffed and searched for a jaywalking fine or misuse of hotline fines and they get shot because they know damn well they have no reason to search me for a jaywalking fine, 95% of cops on lsrp think saying no to a search is resisting and they get shot because they try to arrest people for doing what their rights tell them to. Obviously I know people will shoot cops over a small fine when they dont need to, but you have cops who act way out of line and basically ASK to get shot. Ive seen PD go around at stacks calling people niggers while on duty which would even get you fired IRL, ive seen SD act like theyre stack rats sitting there for 20 minutes while on duty provoking people and when they get hit with a fist they go and shoot the guy, they got shot back and they complained DM???? How do all these cops act like this then complain when people take action IC? Being in PD SD doesnt mean you're special OOC and can't get fought or shot over IC reasons.
This is one of the problems. You're willing to get somebody to shoot a Police Officer over a jaywalking fine? If they cuff and search you and in return violate your rights then that is something you lodge with internal affairs not risk a life sentence or even death due to the fact you get fined and don't like how that cop put you in handcuffs. The amount of times I've been shot because someones friend has rocked up and shot me over a misdemenour is ridiculous. I personally have to go out and search to enjoy roleplaying with illegal factions these days due to the fact so many don't know how to roleplay with law enforcement.

You can argue that sure, a cop acts like a robot and shows zero amount of fear but that yet again is something you should take out of character if they are showing piss poor roleplay. I do NOT see the logic behind ruining your characters future because a cop has poor roleplay standards. So many people cry about the roleplay standards of Police and yet do NOTHING to change it. It's ridiculous.

Like said above, people just don't realize the danger they put themselves in for killing Police due to the fact lives on LS-RP aren't valued at all.
POLICE SERGEANT MARCUS BUCKHEIM

User avatar
JoshBaum
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 701
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by JoshBaum » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:27 am

Amity wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 am
Bonnyrawbit wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 am
Ive been told many times I need to be cuffed and searched for a jaywalking fine or misuse of hotline fines and they get shot because they know damn well they have no reason to search me for a jaywalking fine, 95% of cops on lsrp think saying no to a search is resisting and they get shot because they try to arrest people for doing what their rights tell them to. Obviously I know people will shoot cops over a small fine when they dont need to, but you have cops who act way out of line and basically ASK to get shot. Ive seen PD go around at stacks calling people niggers while on duty which would even get you fired IRL, ive seen SD act like theyre stack rats sitting there for 20 minutes while on duty provoking people and when they get hit with a fist they go and shoot the guy, they got shot back and they complained DM???? How do all these cops act like this then complain when people take action IC? Being in PD SD doesnt mean you're special OOC and can't get fought or shot over IC reasons.
This is one of the problems. You're willing to get somebody to shoot a Police Officer over a jaywalking fine? If they cuff and search you and in return violate your rights then that is something you lodge with internal affairs not risk a life sentence or even death due to the fact you get fined and don't like how that cop put you in handcuffs. The amount of times I've been shot because someones friend has rocked up and shot me over a misdemenour is ridiculous. I personally have to go out and search to enjoy roleplaying with illegal factions these days due to the fact so many don't know how to roleplay with law enforcement.

You can argue that sure, a cop acts like a robot and shows zero amount of fear but that yet again is something you should take out of character if they are showing piss poor roleplay. I do NOT see the logic behind ruining your characters future because a cop has poor roleplay standards. So many people cry about the roleplay standards of Police and yet do NOTHING to change it. It's ridiculous.

Like said above, people just don't realize the danger they put themselves in for killing Police due to the fact lives on LS-RP aren't valued at all.
i think what that guy showcases is that he probably had a gun on him and he thinks its bullshit to search over a jaywalking fine (which is true) but since he has a p2w mentality he would rather shoot the cops and lose the deagle than be arrested and caught with a deagle

players who would rather DIE icly and lose a gun than get arrested and lose a gun is what makes this server so unrealistic. yes i get that more prison time + losing a gun would be rly bad compared to no gun and just instant respawn but can someone please think about the rp they are ruining by killing a cop over a fine?
Image
!من النهر إلى البحر، ستكون فلسطين حرة


User avatar
Amity
LS:RP Tester
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by Amity » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 am

JoshBaum wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:27 am
Amity wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 am
Bonnyrawbit wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 am
Ive been told many times I need to be cuffed and searched for a jaywalking fine or misuse of hotline fines and they get shot because they know damn well they have no reason to search me for a jaywalking fine, 95% of cops on lsrp think saying no to a search is resisting and they get shot because they try to arrest people for doing what their rights tell them to. Obviously I know people will shoot cops over a small fine when they dont need to, but you have cops who act way out of line and basically ASK to get shot. Ive seen PD go around at stacks calling people niggers while on duty which would even get you fired IRL, ive seen SD act like theyre stack rats sitting there for 20 minutes while on duty provoking people and when they get hit with a fist they go and shoot the guy, they got shot back and they complained DM???? How do all these cops act like this then complain when people take action IC? Being in PD SD doesnt mean you're special OOC and can't get fought or shot over IC reasons.
This is one of the problems. You're willing to get somebody to shoot a Police Officer over a jaywalking fine? If they cuff and search you and in return violate your rights then that is something you lodge with internal affairs not risk a life sentence or even death due to the fact you get fined and don't like how that cop put you in handcuffs. The amount of times I've been shot because someones friend has rocked up and shot me over a misdemenour is ridiculous. I personally have to go out and search to enjoy roleplaying with illegal factions these days due to the fact so many don't know how to roleplay with law enforcement.

You can argue that sure, a cop acts like a robot and shows zero amount of fear but that yet again is something you should take out of character if they are showing piss poor roleplay. I do NOT see the logic behind ruining your characters future because a cop has poor roleplay standards. So many people cry about the roleplay standards of Police and yet do NOTHING to change it. It's ridiculous.

Like said above, people just don't realize the danger they put themselves in for killing Police due to the fact lives on LS-RP aren't valued at all.
i think what that guy showcases is that he probably had a gun on him and he thinks its bullshit to search over a jaywalking fine (which is true) but since he has a p2w mentality he would rather shoot the cops and lose the deagle than be arrested and caught with a deagle

players who would rather DIE icly and lose a gun than get arrested and lose a gun is what makes this server so unrealistic. yes i get that more prison time + losing a gun would be rly bad compared to no gun and just instant respawn but can someone please think about the rp they are ruining by killing a cop over a fine?
As far as I know, it's basic procedure to check somebody for firearms while making contact with them, or it comes down to Officer discretion. I know personally if I roleplay with someone I check them for weapons due to shit like above happening.
POLICE SERGEANT MARCUS BUCKHEIM

User avatar
JoshBaum
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 701
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by JoshBaum » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:46 am

mayb over here i guess but ive seen pedestrians ticketed not in my state coz lol but in NY and i didnt see them get searched - so to people who dont see that irl they might think its bullshit (i personally feel like its bullshit)

but yes officers have the right to search and w/e and its not unrealistic its just unexpected and most people have that p2w mentality so they r like "fuck it why dont i lose a gun AND not go to jail!?!?!?!?!"
Image
!من النهر إلى البحر، ستكون فلسطين حرة


User avatar
realdeal2
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by realdeal2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:45 am

every single situation with pd is unpleasant on an ooc and ic level, so it's great alternative to shoot them

User avatar
svengoolie
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:54 pm
Ingame name: richard goldberg
Location: cicero illinois

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by svengoolie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:22 am

if a cop cant provide the roleplay required the opposing side figures why should they

and then theres a ton of whiney bitches who dont wanna lose a pf deagle for doing something half cocked
Image

Sunshin_Choe
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 am

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by Sunshin_Choe » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:38 am

Amity wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 am
JoshBaum wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:27 am
Amity wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 am


This is one of the problems. You're willing to get somebody to shoot a Police Officer over a jaywalking fine? If they cuff and search you and in return violate your rights then that is something you lodge with internal affairs not risk a life sentence or even death due to the fact you get fined and don't like how that cop put you in handcuffs. The amount of times I've been shot because someones friend has rocked up and shot me over a misdemenour is ridiculous. I personally have to go out and search to enjoy roleplaying with illegal factions these days due to the fact so many don't know how to roleplay with law enforcement.

You can argue that sure, a cop acts like a robot and shows zero amount of fear but that yet again is something you should take out of character if they are showing piss poor roleplay. I do NOT see the logic behind ruining your characters future because a cop has poor roleplay standards. So many people cry about the roleplay standards of Police and yet do NOTHING to change it. It's ridiculous.

Like said above, people just don't realize the danger they put themselves in for killing Police due to the fact lives on LS-RP aren't valued at all.
i think what that guy showcases is that he probably had a gun on him and he thinks its bullshit to search over a jaywalking fine (which is true) but since he has a p2w mentality he would rather shoot the cops and lose the deagle than be arrested and caught with a deagle

players who would rather DIE icly and lose a gun than get arrested and lose a gun is what makes this server so unrealistic. yes i get that more prison time + losing a gun would be rly bad compared to no gun and just instant respawn but can someone please think about the rp they are ruining by killing a cop over a fine?
As far as I know, it's basic procedure to check somebody for firearms while making contact with them, or it comes down to Officer discretion. I know personally if I roleplay with someone I check them for weapons due to shit like above happening.
Uh, actually, it's not at all proper procedure to check somebody for firearms without reasonable suspicion that the suspect is armed and dangerous. In fact I'm pretty sure that's considered illegal search and seizure and would be against the Fourth Amendment. If you are searching someone for jaywalking or traffic stop, realize that you are RPing corruption and there may very well be consequences.

Searching a car can be done without a warrant due to the motor vehicle exception, but requires probable cause.

thekillergreece
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 am
Ingame name: Jessica Eponimos

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by thekillergreece » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 am

realdeal2 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:45 am
every single situation with pd is unpleasant on an ooc and ic level, so it's great alternative to shoot them
I don't think you will stay in LS-RP any longer from what you are trying to say.
Sunshin_Choe wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:38 am
Amity wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 am
JoshBaum wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:27 am
i think what that guy showcases is that he probably had a gun on him and he thinks its bullshit to search over a jaywalking fine (which is true) but since he has a p2w mentality he would rather shoot the cops and lose the deagle than be arrested and caught with a deagle

players who would rather DIE icly and lose a gun than get arrested and lose a gun is what makes this server so unrealistic. yes i get that more prison time + losing a gun would be rly bad compared to no gun and just instant respawn but can someone please think about the rp they are ruining by killing a cop over a fine?
As far as I know, it's basic procedure to check somebody for firearms while making contact with them, or it comes down to Officer discretion. I know personally if I roleplay with someone I check them for weapons due to shit like above happening.
Uh, actually, it's not at all proper procedure to check somebody for firearms without reasonable suspicion that the suspect is armed and dangerous. In fact I'm pretty sure that's considered illegal search and seizure and would be against the Fourth Amendment. If you are searching someone for jaywalking or traffic stop, realize that you are RPing corruption and there may very well be consequences.

Searching a car can be done without a warrant due to the motor vehicle exception, but requires probable cause.
That is true. If a search is unwarranted and violation of civil rights, you can always, always report them to IA and/or to the courts if the IA fails to do any action. However, this cannot happen if you decide to pull out your gun and mow down the police.
Corporal Jessica Eponimos

Image

Serving the San Andreas Sheriff Department since 7th June 2015.

ImageImage

User avatar
DeadlyMuffin
-= Don =-
-= Don =-
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:26 pm
Ingame name: Big Joey

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by DeadlyMuffin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:48 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 am
realdeal2 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:45 am
every single situation with pd is unpleasant on an ooc and ic level, so it's great alternative to shoot them
I don't think you will stay in LS-RP any longer from what you are trying to say.
Sunshin_Choe wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:38 am
Amity wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 am


As far as I know, it's basic procedure to check somebody for firearms while making contact with them, or it comes down to Officer discretion. I know personally if I roleplay with someone I check them for weapons due to shit like above happening.
Uh, actually, it's not at all proper procedure to check somebody for firearms without reasonable suspicion that the suspect is armed and dangerous. In fact I'm pretty sure that's considered illegal search and seizure and would be against the Fourth Amendment. If you are searching someone for jaywalking or traffic stop, realize that you are RPing corruption and there may very well be consequences.

Searching a car can be done without a warrant due to the motor vehicle exception, but requires probable cause.
That is true. If a search is unwarranted and violation of civil rights, you can always, always report them to IA and/or to the courts if the IA fails to do any action. However, this cannot happen if you decide to pull out your gun and mow down the police.
Even if your rights were violated or whatever the fuck happened, if a cop takes your gun and sends you straight to jail, even if IA takes action, you won't get your 150k Deagle or 250k M4 back.
Image

thekillergreece
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 am
Ingame name: Jessica Eponimos

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by thekillergreece » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:49 pm

DeadlyMuffin wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:48 pm
Even if your rights were violated or whatever the fuck happened, if a cop takes your gun and sends you straight to jail, even if IA takes action, you won't get your 150k Deagle or 250k M4 back.
That's not the point of IA reports anyway. The officer gets punished with suspension/dismissal. If anything, it's your fault for not planning smart to hide your weapon.
Corporal Jessica Eponimos

Image

Serving the San Andreas Sheriff Department since 7th June 2015.

ImageImage

User avatar
DeadlyMuffin
-= Don =-
-= Don =-
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:26 pm
Ingame name: Big Joey

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by DeadlyMuffin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:49 pm
DeadlyMuffin wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:48 pm
Even if your rights were violated or whatever the fuck happened, if a cop takes your gun and sends you straight to jail, even if IA takes action, you won't get your 150k Deagle or 250k M4 back.
That's not the point of IA reports anyway. The officer gets punished with suspension/dismissal. If anything, it's your fault for not planning smart to hide your weapon.
No no, you still don't get it, do you? You get free guns, armor and shit from SD, we criminals have to suck Al Capone's or El Chapo's dick on LSRP to get a steady and cheap gun connection, or be forced to pay 150k per Deagle and 250k per M4. The root of the problem is guns and lack of roleplay on LSRP and it's been discussed countless times and it has been ignored countless times, the strawman agreement is a bunch of horseshit mixed with clorox to 'solve the problem, or atleast increase the flow of guns', yeah right, like most of the community who says that the roleplay standards have dropped dramatically are a bunch of delusional pricks, OK. When a cop gets IG, shoots a few people, gets into a pursuit, /r END OF WATCH AYYY, and this is considered 'roleplay', then anyone who believes that should do a backflip and jump from a cliff. This is just a game and some lifeless cunts are trying to make it WAYYYY too realistic because they lack one thing, a real life. When people realize that this is just a motherfucking game and calm their titties then it'll get better, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, if at all. Many veteran players and even some retired old school admins have spoken the truth but they are being ignored. Is there a way for this shit to change? Oh hell yeah, if nobody goes in-game or donates for a month, then the management will go apeshit probably and get guns back into circulation again, give the unofficial factions who deserve it official status, and shit will get good again, but everybody gotta get their LSRP fix, right brothers and sisters?
Image

thekillergreece
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 am
Ingame name: Jessica Eponimos

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by thekillergreece » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:15 pm

DeadlyMuffin wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 pm
Storyline
There is no way to get you to understand the reality. If you keep insisting that DMing cops to get a free pass is allowed, do not say that I did not warn you if you find yourself at a ban appeal or long time ajail please. Thanks, have fun and good luck.
Corporal Jessica Eponimos

Image

Serving the San Andreas Sheriff Department since 7th June 2015.

ImageImage

User avatar
DeadlyMuffin
-= Don =-
-= Don =-
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:26 pm
Ingame name: Big Joey

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by DeadlyMuffin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:23 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:15 pm
DeadlyMuffin wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 pm
Storyline
There is no way to get you to understand the reality. If you keep insisting that DMing cops to get a free pass is allowed, do not say that I did not warn you if you find yourself at a ban appeal or long time ajail please. Thanks, have fun and good luck.
Pal, I won't find myself in the ban appeal section for DMing a cop, because I personally avoid them, I've been here for a few years and have noticed that SOME cops can roleplay properly, most don't roleplay human beings with emotions, but then again, who from LSRP does at this point? Such threads such as killing cops for dumb reasons, the scarcity of guns, the decrease in the playerbase are created due to the fact that the roleplay standards of LSRP have dropped, not only those of cops.
Image

User avatar
Gromzis
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Re: Killing cops for dumb reasons

Post by Gromzis » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:41 pm

People need to stop crying about losing their guns and what not.
I've stopped 20+ times with my cars stuffed with packaged weapons or a lot of drugs.
It's fucking simple, don't do stupid shit when you have something illegal on you, how hard's that??
Act fucking cool, they'll give you a ticket and let you go.
If you have eluded earlier or did any other dumb shit that leads to you being wanted, and when you are felony stopped and lose your gun - then its your, and only YOUR fault, and don't go calling cops dumbasses or whatsoever when they are just doing their duties.
I've never been frisked in a regular traffic stop, never.
Your car will get searched when there is probable cause on you. So don't give them a reason for that.
I don't see the problem. 2 years in LSRP and I have never yet shot at cops. Never.
People just can't cope with losing guns/drugs when they do something stupid and get frisked.
And when they get stopped when they have a gun on them, they automatically assume "They will frisk me and arrest me so I will go to jail and lose my gun oh no, better get out and shoot at him!".
People just don't know how traffic stops/felony stops and such work, so their only sole thought is that - You are stopped - You are under arrest. And don't say I'm wrong. Who the fuck would just shoot, or hell, KILL a peace officer in a traffic stop? So you rather get killed or kill someone who's giving you a fine? All righty then!
I seriously cant think of reasons of actually killing cops, I don't know how people actually think of killing one. For real, I've did all kinds of criminal shit but i've never shot at an officer. It never helps, it makes shit worse. And if cops bamboozle your drug/arm deal then MAYBE, and only maybe then you should actually try to kill them. But let's count how many times does that happen? I don't know, never had happened to me.
So to sum shit up... Most shooting happen when people don't want to lose their lovely guns so they blast everyone that they think will make them lose one. Mature the fuck up and learn to take a god damn loss.
It's not the cops. It's the people who exaggerate.
Image

Locked

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests