DTOs??

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Re: DTOs??

Postby Scary Eire on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 am

It's difficult to replicate something but not impossible. Just needs the memberbase, solid roleplayers and dedication of those involved. That's all it takes really.
Scary Eire
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Ingame name: The Man Behind The Wire.

Postby JackK34 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:47 pm

think DTO factions should take a while to develop into due to so much that needs to be done, think about it your running a drug organisation to most likely be selling to your crews and other factions which means there alot to be done. I'd say it's easier to start off as a tight knit community of drug dealers and work your way up till everyone is ready and has enough money to actually get the dto rolling, you cant rely on one rich person to do it. Everyone needs to assist in the faction otherwise it'll just fail. Mine that I have recently brought back is no where near becoming a dto but its still fun and i enjoy it like my members do. This probably the project where im putting most my effort and time into to see it successful. Maybe im chatting ouyt my ass lol im not the best when it comes to threads like these i kinda just get on with it
JackK34
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Ingame name: Bigman

Postby Chanel on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 pm

I assume a DTO is a drug transportation operation. I'm sure there are many people/factions still selling drugs but not just based heavily on drugs themselves of course. I'd love to see a successful DTO facton, I can't identify them though.
Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Ingame name: Krista Kensington.

Postby Born Ready on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Chanel wrote:I'd love to see a successful DTO faction, I can't identify them though.

Your assessment is not wrong in my opinion.

Any average Joe can start a faction and call it a DTO. But there's a reason why none have come close to making a Wilcox/Meadows/ELT (there are a few others) type of impact on the server.

I'm not talking about making the most money or selling kilos of coke. I'm talking about becoming a better roleplayer, creating memorable characters, and building lasting friendships or what have you. It's hard to experience the quality of steak and then revert to hamburger helper.

Many capable leaders that have the ability to run a successful DTO are now banned or they've moved on from LSRP. There are still some here, but their focus is on something else. Then you have some with potential, but they refuse to learn or accept positive criticism in order to be better.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make that mother lover drink.
Born Ready

Postby yaga on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:35 pm

YA CANT REMAKE THE GODFATHER YA DIGGGGGGG????????

GET RHINO ON THE PHONE IM TRYNA GET PLUGGED IN

yaga
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby original doorkicker on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Chanel wrote:I assume a DTO is a drug transportation operation.

It's a drug trafficking organization.
original doorkicker
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby ezkNYNE on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Voronov wrote:Killed in prison. Thanks, dude.

Pretty good read and clean screenshots, man.
ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Ingame name: Brandon Mazzanti

Postby Mickay on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:03 am

ezkNYNE wrote:
Voronov wrote:Killed in prison. Thanks, dude.

Pretty good read and clean screenshots, man.

Voronov's the man, I still remember reading through his threads years ago, like the Otis Glassman one and just being dumbfounded by how great the roleplay was. So much inspiration.

I think the key thing that people dismiss when making these factions is that all the drug dealing isn't an end within itself. I mean, people don't deal drugs just to do it, dealing drugs, murder, all these crimes are motivated by something. You should make a character, not a drug dealer above all. This is why a lot of factions nowadays do not exceed what's expected of them. They put up a front, whether it's roleplaying for screenshots or building factions solely out of OOC relationships and then come up empty-handed when the characters don't flow.

Find what excites you and this is really important. If you're going to stick to anything you have to have that strive to be great and that's what motivates you, the drive.
Surround your faction with people who have that same drive, like you, this goes for everything, in this case DTOs and people who do this kind of roleplay.

Get into character. What I mean is, really try to be there and see what your character sees. Not just be who you are in real life, but think about how your character would act, how he would talk, dress. Study these communities, their culture, the people. Read, watch movies about it and change up. Try different things and see what works and what doesn't. Talk with your passionate faction members and brainstorm. But, above all else roleplay.

You don't need a thread, you don't need screenshots, you don't need to know anybody, you don't need guns, drugs, money, whatever. Get in-game and roleplay. I will guarantee something will spark up.
Mickay
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby mike2raw on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:34 am

People think DTO means sit on a corner and transport hundreds and hundreds of drugs.

When you traffic something you do it in multiple areas, of course you have a main area which brings in the organization part.
If I wasn't paper chasin, I'd probably never leave ya side.
mike2raw
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Previous

Return to General Discussions