Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Scary Eire
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester
Ingame name: The Man Behind The Wire.

Re: DTOs??

Post by Scary Eire » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 am

It's difficult to replicate something but not impossible. Just needs the memberbase, solid roleplayers and dedication of those involved. That's all it takes really.
blasting into outerspace, the planet of the apes!

JackK34
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Bigman

Post by JackK34 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:47 pm

think DTO factions should take a while to develop into due to so much that needs to be done, think about it your running a drug organisation to most likely be selling to your crews and other factions which means there alot to be done. I'd say it's easier to start off as a tight knit community of drug dealers and work your way up till everyone is ready and has enough money to actually get the dto rolling, you cant rely on one rich person to do it. Everyone needs to assist in the faction otherwise it'll just fail. Mine that I have recently brought back is no where near becoming a dto but its still fun and i enjoy it like my members do. This probably the project where im putting most my effort and time into to see it successful. Maybe im chatting ouyt my ass lol im not the best when it comes to threads like these i kinda just get on with it

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos
Ingame name: Kween

Post by Chanel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 pm

I assume a DTO is a drug transportation operation. I'm sure there are many people/factions still selling drugs but not just based heavily on drugs themselves of course. I'd love to see a successful DTO facton, I can't identify them though.
loves it

Born Ready

Post by Born Ready » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Chanel wrote:I'd love to see a successful DTO faction, I can't identify them though.
Your assessment is not wrong in my opinion.

Any average Joe can start a faction and call it a DTO. But there's a reason why none have come close to making a Wilcox/Meadows/ELT (there are a few others) type of impact on the server.

I'm not talking about making the most money or selling kilos of coke. I'm talking about becoming a better roleplayer, creating memorable characters, and building lasting friendships or what have you. It's hard to experience the quality of steak and then revert to hamburger helper.

Many capable leaders that have the ability to run a successful DTO are now banned or they've moved on from LSRP. There are still some here, but their focus is on something else. Then you have some with potential, but they refuse to learn or accept positive criticism in order to be better.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make that mother lover drink.

yaga
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by yaga » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:35 pm

YA CANT REMAKE THE GODFATHER YA DIGGGGGGG????????

GET RHINO ON THE PHONE IM TRYNA GET PLUGGED IN

original doorkicker
Forum Moderator

Post by original doorkicker » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Chanel wrote:I assume a DTO is a drug transportation operation.
It's a drug trafficking organization.

ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Brandon Mazzanti

Post by ezkNYNE » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Voronov wrote:Killed in prison. Thanks, dude.
Pretty good read and clean screenshots, man.

Mickay
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Mickay » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:03 am

ezkNYNE wrote:
Voronov wrote:Killed in prison. Thanks, dude.
Pretty good read and clean screenshots, man.
Voronov's the man, I still remember reading through his threads years ago, like the Otis Glassman one and just being dumbfounded by how great the roleplay was. So much inspiration.

I think the key thing that people dismiss when making these factions is that all the drug dealing isn't an end within itself. I mean, people don't deal drugs just to do it, dealing drugs, murder, all these crimes are motivated by something. You should make a character, not a drug dealer above all. This is why a lot of factions nowadays do not exceed what's expected of them. They put up a front, whether it's roleplaying for screenshots or building factions solely out of OOC relationships and then come up empty-handed when the characters don't flow.

Find what excites you and this is really important. If you're going to stick to anything you have to have that strive to be great and that's what motivates you, the drive.
Surround your faction with people who have that same drive, like you, this goes for everything, in this case DTOs and people who do this kind of roleplay.

Get into character. What I mean is, really try to be there and see what your character sees. Not just be who you are in real life, but think about how your character would act, how he would talk, dress. Study these communities, their culture, the people. Read, watch movies about it and change up. Try different things and see what works and what doesn't. Talk with your passionate faction members and brainstorm. But, above all else roleplay.

You don't need a thread, you don't need screenshots, you don't need to know anybody, you don't need guns, drugs, money, whatever. Get in-game and roleplay. I will guarantee something will spark up.
Gangsta whitewalls

mike2raw
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by mike2raw » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:34 am

People think DTO means sit on a corner and transport hundreds and hundreds of drugs.

When you traffic something you do it in multiple areas, of course you have a main area which brings in the organization part.
Claim they ridin' Imma see who really with me.
Rowdy Rell

PrimoThatJackBoy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by PrimoThatJackBoy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 pm

You can't really roleplay a DTO till they do something with the drug script and really bring excitement to the table, if you were around late 2013 and early 14 and even a little bit of 15 the market for drugs was there. There isn't really no role players being fiends in character. And if you do get a sale it's ooc your friend needs some coke to go shoot, I just feel like lsrp scripting team has a lot to do Just my opinion, so players really have a reason to do drugs and want to roleplay that and involve that with their character.
Ⓜ️TⓂ️ make that money
Beamer Boys

Taz Moneya
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Gwo Frosty Carter

Post by Taz Moneya » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:41 pm

There never was no DTOs, it was all OOC talk. It started off with a group of people who washed these kids mind and made them play this game for hours standing on corners and forcing people to post SS of drugs deal, dragged more attention and washed more kid minds and then called themselves developed and drug kingpins, dudes went inactive and made a structure of SS like they are the man behind everything meanwhile they was doing nothing but studying IRL. There was never no hardcore DTO roleplay on LS-RP. It was just screenshots that made the thread look good and no IC story, the only IC story they had was the actualy small-time members the peasants who kept the thread up, none of these so-called drug lords are really drug lords, they never did nothing IG but picked out cool words off videos they seen on the internet and articles. Peasants like this gook garethkeir that thinks he's friends with people that give no fuck about him, are the ones who got brainwashed into posting ss and keeping a faction up, with no drug-lord but with a front, come on g you don't do dem tings lol. I appreciate you sucking my dick since 2013, 4 years with no pause.

Joseph_Beauregard
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Joseph_Beauregard » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Taz Moneya wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:41 pm
There never was no DTOs, it was all OOC talk. It started off with a group of people who washed these kids mind and made them play this game for hours standing on corners and forcing people to post SS of drugs deal, dragged more attention and washed more kid minds and then called themselves developed and drug kingpins, dudes went inactive and made a structure of SS like they are the man behind everything meanwhile they was doing nothing but studying IRL. There was never no hardcore DTO roleplay on LS-RP. It was just screenshots that made the thread look good and no IC story, the only IC story they had was the actualy small-time members the peasants who kept the thread up, none of these so-called drug lords are really drug lords, they never did nothing IG but picked out cool words off videos they seen on the internet and articles. Peasants like this gook garethkeir that thinks he's friends with people that give no fuck about him, are the ones who got brainwashed into posting ss and keeping a faction up, with no drug-lord but with a front, come on g you don't do dem tings lol. I appreciate you sucking my dick since 2013, 4 years with no pause.
oh man, oh man, oh man
You don't have to like me I'm not a Facebook status.

Scallops Hotel
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Scallops Hotel » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:53 pm

not again
Yeah, I learned the game from William Wesley
You can never check me
Back to back for the niggas that didn't get the message
Back to back, like I'm on the cover of Lethal Weapon
Back to back, like I'm Jordan '96, '97
Whoa, very important and very pretentious
When I look back I might be mad that I gave this attention
Yeah, but it's weighin' heavy on my conscience
Yeah, and fuck, you left The Boy no options
I wanna see my niggas go insane
You gon' make me step out of my fuckin' frame
You gon' make me buy bottles for Charlamagne
You gon' make me go out of my fuckin' way
I waited four days, nigga, where y'all at?
I drove here in the Wraith playin' AR-AB
I'm not sure what it was that really made y'all mad
But I guess this is what I gotta do to make y'all rap
I mean woah, can't fool the city, man, they know what's up
Second floor at Tootsies, gettin' shoulder rubs
This for y'all that think that I don't write enough
They just mad ‘cause I got the Midas touch
You love her, then you gotta give the world to her
Is that a world tour or your girl's tour?
I know that you gotta be a thug for her
This ain't what she meant when she told you to open up more
Yeah, trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers
Yeah, you gettin' bodied by a singin' nigga
I'm not the type of nigga that'll type to niggas
And shout-out to all my boss bitches wifin' niggas
Make sure you hit him with the prenup
Then tell that man to ease up
I did another one, I did another one
You still ain't did shit about the other one
I got the drink in me going back to back
Yeah, going back to back
I got the drink in me going back to back
Yeah, I'm going back to back
I don't wanna hear about this ever again
Not even when she tell him that they better as friends
Not even when you saying, "Drizzy, tell 'em again!"
I been puttin' on a show, it was a sell-out event
Oh, you need better seatin'
I didn't wanna do it, gave me every reason
The point I'm tryin' to make is I don't ever need 'em
Seen what you’d do for fame, what would you do for freedom?
Please, check 'em for a wire or a earpiece
Please, please do not let these niggas near me
Please, think before you come for the great one
Please, who's a real nigga and who ain't one?
Please, somebody stop me
I'm talkin' boasy and gwanin wassy
I got the fest in five days and it's my shit
Soon as a nigga hit the stage, they gon'...
They gon' ask if I can play this shit back to back
Yeah, they want it back to back
They gon' ask if I can play this shit back to back
I took a break from Views, now it's back to that, nigga (Six)
B.O.B

Lmfaonerd

Post by Lmfaonerd » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Taz Moneya wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:41 pm
You seem mad at Garethkeir. Keep spewing bullshit, you're just mad because we made it clear from the beginning that nobody in Meadows liked you, and that you'd never get in, so you tried to copy us, but failed miserably. You had LaVaughn Howards death in your signature for ages like a trophy as if it made you even a notch closer toward his caliber.

Garethkeir dickriding you since 2013? I recall it being the other way around :lol: Your career barely started in 2014, bro. I heard you apologized to him after he got you banned back in the day. Ha. Mad cause you couldn't be like us? We all left this game, why are you still typing? Stay obsessed and stay a fan, paki. I'm the nigga you children still speak about after I've been long gone.

Miqayel_Nazaryan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Miqayel_Nazaryan » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Garethkeir wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:38 am
Meadows and DW&A were the first and last to do it right on this server. All of these new DTO factions that pop up have no clue how to realistically portray a modern day DTO and distribute drugs on a moderate and realistic level. These new players were misguided by shit like Beasley, Moulton, and other poor mimics of Meadows who did it wrong.

These DTO factions that pop up now think they can come along with a car full of OOC drugs, and next thing you know, their upper echelon characters are driving around in Staffords like they're fucking LaVaughn Howard. That shit's lame. Be original. Start from the bottom. Don't mimic the blatant copycats like Taz Moneya and his poorly orchestrated character. Instead of taking notes from the guys who couldn't do it properly, take notes from the guys who started the shit.

I don't understand what's so hard about portraying the shit properly. Look at old screenshots from Meadows and Wilcox. See how Nicky Meadows started from the bottom. Do you guys actually think Bugs just popped up out of nowhere with his character and started driving a Huntley after a week of selling cocaine that he didn't even obtain in-character?

I wish I could bless you guys with the topics we had back in the Meadows and Wilcox usergroup, but sadly they're long gone. Use the resources that are available to you and take notes, niggas. And maybe, just maybe, your faction could be successful and get the stamp of certification.
facts on facts ya dig
big up the marjdem

Return to “General Discussions”