Weapon System

You'll find Official server guides in this section. The one-stop place you need to find all the information you require!

Moderators: Player Support Mods, Lead Admins

Forum rules
Spotted a mistake? Let us know by reading the information and posting here: viewtopic.php?f=398&t=354301
User avatar
LuhhReese
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 am

Re: Weapon System

Post by LuhhReese » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:21 pm

r0yal wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 am
LuhhReese wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:43 am
So, uhh, you can go to the black market and get the job, but how do you physically obtain the firearms as a dealer? like do you have to pay a sum or do you just pick it up and resell it?

And can like ANYONE obtain the weaponsdealer job, because this guide makes it easy for one to sell/obtain firearms, so why is there such a small amount of firearms across the game
This job is basically obsolete right now. Weapons can be attained through two ways, Official Faction Warehouses and the Strawmen Scheme which I'll link HERE

Strawmen is a role that people who have prior documented experience with firearms can apply to, be accepted and then receive a set amount of weapons on a set basis to sell. Weapons cannot be attained through the weapons dealer job and you can re-sell bought weaponry without the job.
When you say obsolete, do you mean its unobtainable at this point, or do you mean like no one really uses it anymore? In addition, how do official factions spawn in weapons through warehouses?

also, why is it obsolete, this seems like a pretty good way to sell weapons (besides the fact it makes weapons that are packaged virtually free for the dealer)

User avatar
r0yal
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:47 pm
Ingame name: arturo meraz - davenport
Location: United Kingdom.

Re: Weapon System

Post by r0yal » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:09 pm

LuhhReese wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:21 pm
r0yal wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 am
LuhhReese wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:43 am
So, uhh, you can go to the black market and get the job, but how do you physically obtain the firearms as a dealer? like do you have to pay a sum or do you just pick it up and resell it?

And can like ANYONE obtain the weaponsdealer job, because this guide makes it easy for one to sell/obtain firearms, so why is there such a small amount of firearms across the game
This job is basically obsolete right now. Weapons can be attained through two ways, Official Faction Warehouses and the Strawmen Scheme which I'll link HERE

Strawmen is a role that people who have prior documented experience with firearms can apply to, be accepted and then receive a set amount of weapons on a set basis to sell. Weapons cannot be attained through the weapons dealer job and you can re-sell bought weaponry without the job.
When you say obsolete, do you mean its unobtainable at this point, or do you mean like no one really uses it anymore? In addition, how do official factions spawn in weapons through warehouses?

also, why is it obsolete, this seems like a pretty good way to sell weapons (besides the fact it makes weapons that are packaged virtually free for the dealer)
By obsolete I mean the latter, it's not used too much. I, personally, have never been in an illegal official faction but this is what I can tell you from the guide
Those commands are made for the Weapon Supplier job. You get this job once you're in a official faction that posesses a gunstore. Unfortunately only two commands are available to the public due to security reasons.
/buyweapon
To buy a weapon from a gunstore.
/collectweapons
To collect all the weapon packages from a warehouse.
From what friends have told me, factions are assigned an amount of 'components' a month, and those components translate into guns. For example; X amount of components may produce a Desert Eagle.

It's obsolete because the commands are available for everyone, you don't need to have the dealer job to unpackage, store or take weapons from vehicles. Weapons can be unpackaged by all in an interior, at the black market or by the trunk of their vehicle.

User avatar
LuhhReese
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 am

Re: Weapon System

Post by LuhhReese » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:41 pm

Is the Dealer job obtainable for Everyone, or just for only official faction members, and how do the Dealers obtain the guns?

So, a weapon dealer (that anyone can be without an application) just goes to the black market, does some commands, picks up a package for free, and sells it just like that?

User avatar
r0yal
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:47 pm
Ingame name: arturo meraz - davenport
Location: United Kingdom.

Re: Weapon System

Post by r0yal » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 am

LuhhReese wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:41 pm
Is the Dealer job obtainable for Everyone, or just for only official faction members, and how do the Dealers obtain the guns?

So, a weapon dealer (that anyone can be without an application) just goes to the black market, does some commands, picks up a package for free, and sells it just like that?

Yes. The dealer job can be obtained by anyone, it only offers commands to handle the guns, you don't get ANY guns from having the dealer job.

No. That's not how it works, weapon dealers don't get any packages. You're thinking of Strawmen (scroll up to read more on that)
Official Faction members get the weapons supplier job (scroll up to read more on that too)

User avatar
LuhhReese
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 am

Re: Weapon System

Post by LuhhReese » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:13 am

r0yal wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 am
LuhhReese wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:41 pm
Is the Dealer job obtainable for Everyone, or just for only official faction members, and how do the Dealers obtain the guns?

So, a weapon dealer (that anyone can be without an application) just goes to the black market, does some commands, picks up a package for free, and sells it just like that?

Yes. The dealer job can be obtained by anyone, it only offers commands to handle the guns, you don't get ANY guns from having the dealer job.

No. That's not how it works, weapon dealers don't get any packages. You're thinking of Strawmen (scroll up to read more on that)
Official Faction members get the weapons supplier job (scroll up to read more on that too)
So your basically saying that ANYONE can get firearms and ANYONE can sell firearms, as long as they're at a black market, thats suprising. Wow.

User avatar
LuhhReese
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 am

Re: Weapon System

Post by LuhhReese » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:21 am

Wait, so the weapon dealers obtain packages from weapon smugglers? Then what's the point of this job? Because couldn't just smugglers give firearms directly to buyers and not have to go through weapon dealers?

User avatar
LuhhReese
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 am

Re: Weapon System

Post by LuhhReese » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 am

r0yal wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 am
LuhhReese wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:43 am
So, uhh, you can go to the black market and get the job, but how do you physically obtain the firearms as a dealer? like do you have to pay a sum or do you just pick it up and resell it?

And can like ANYONE obtain the weaponsdealer job, because this guide makes it easy for one to sell/obtain firearms, so why is there such a small amount of firearms across the game
This job is basically obsolete right now. Weapons can be attained through two ways, Official Faction Warehouses and the Strawmen Scheme which I'll link HERE

Strawmen is a role that people who have prior documented experience with firearms can apply to, be accepted and then receive a set amount of weapons on a set basis to sell. Weapons cannot be attained through the weapons dealer job and you can re-sell bought weaponry without the job.
Ohh, i get what your saying now!

The job is pointless because it doesnt require a middle man to distribute guns, being faction members giving packages to dealers, then the dealers selling them. The factions can just spawn the weapons then sell them just as smugglers, not needing the dealer job.

User avatar
r0yal
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:47 pm
Ingame name: arturo meraz - davenport
Location: United Kingdom.

Re: Weapon System

Post by r0yal » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:44 am

LuhhReese wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 am
r0yal wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 am
LuhhReese wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:43 am
So, uhh, you can go to the black market and get the job, but how do you physically obtain the firearms as a dealer? like do you have to pay a sum or do you just pick it up and resell it?

And can like ANYONE obtain the weaponsdealer job, because this guide makes it easy for one to sell/obtain firearms, so why is there such a small amount of firearms across the game
This job is basically obsolete right now. Weapons can be attained through two ways, Official Faction Warehouses and the Strawmen Scheme which I'll link HERE

Strawmen is a role that people who have prior documented experience with firearms can apply to, be accepted and then receive a set amount of weapons on a set basis to sell. Weapons cannot be attained through the weapons dealer job and you can re-sell bought weaponry without the job.
Ohh, i get what your saying now!

The job is pointless because it doesnt require a middle man to distribute guns, being faction members giving packages to dealers, then the dealers selling them. The factions can just spawn the weapons then sell them just as smugglers, not needing the dealer job.
Precisely. Faction members / strawmen get the guns and sell them on, and once that initial sale takes place anyone can sell them on. The weapons dealer job was only to unpackage guns, something that is now available to every player regardless of their job.

User avatar
LuhhReese
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 am

Re: Weapon System

Post by LuhhReese » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:04 pm

r0yal wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:44 am
LuhhReese wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 am
r0yal wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 am


This job is basically obsolete right now. Weapons can be attained through two ways, Official Faction Warehouses and the Strawmen Scheme which I'll link HERE

Strawmen is a role that people who have prior documented experience with firearms can apply to, be accepted and then receive a set amount of weapons on a set basis to sell. Weapons cannot be attained through the weapons dealer job and you can re-sell bought weaponry without the job.
Ohh, i get what your saying now!

The job is pointless because it doesnt require a middle man to distribute guns, being faction members giving packages to dealers, then the dealers selling them. The factions can just spawn the weapons then sell them just as smugglers, not needing the dealer job.
Precisely. Faction members / strawmen get the guns and sell them on, and once that initial sale takes place anyone can sell them on. The weapons dealer job was only to unpackage guns, something that is now available to every player regardless of their job.

Then why doesn't LSRP just remove the job from the script, if its literally pointless.

Post Reply

Return to “Official Guides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests