Mechanic Job

You'll find Official server guides in this section. The one-stop place you need to find all the information you require!

Moderators: R.Hout, Player Support Mods, Lead Admins

Forum rules
Spotted a mistake? Let us know by reading the information and posting here: viewtopic.php?f=398&t=354301
LS-RP
Los Santos Roleplay
Los Santos Roleplay

Mechanic Job

Post by LS-RP » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Mechanic Job

Table of contents

1. Introduction
__ 1.1 Overview of job
__ 1.2 Getting the job
2. Components
__ 2.1 Using Components
3. Mechanic Services
4. Commands
5. Frequently asked questions

1. Introduction

1.1 Job information

The mechanic job on LS-RP is a fun and creative way to get players to interact through daily vehicular roleplay. With our ingame hotline, a player can simply call a land-line number that only mechanics can see and respond too, giving you direct connection with another player.

As a mechanic, your job is to fix, repair, repaint and upgrade another player's vehicle at a price in which you determine on your own, leaving it up to the player if they'd like to be greedy, or a helping hand! As a mechanic, prepare to dive into the lives of multiple characters as you unravel the roleplay we have to offer. We left an open field in which you can control on your own and let your own roleplay influence, you can either be an average joe working on cars to make a living or, with character progression, you can be the owner of an auto-shop and employ other players and teach them how to be mechanics! There's a limitless array of possibilities you can explore as a mechanic.

1.2 Getting the job

The mechanic job can be obtained by using the command "/mechanicjob" inside this warehouse in Blueberry:

2. Components

Components are a key part of being a Mechanic on LS:RP, allowing those with the job the ability to repair other users vehicles ingame. You are able to hold as many components as you wish in your Mechanics Truck and they also save so you don't have to worry about limiting the amount of components you purchase in case they disappear when you log off.
Components can be bought by heading to the factory directly north of Cranberry Station in San Fierro and using the "/buycomp" command.

Note: 1 crate of components contains 25 products and it costs $250. For example, "/buycomp 10" would return 250 components for use and cost you $2,500.

2.1 Using Components
Performing different services for clients will require the use of mechanic components which will be deducted from those stored in your truck. Use this list to determine how many components you will need for each service and subsequently use it to draw up a price list you can use.

• Repair vehicle health: 2 components per 50hp repaired.
  • Repair bodywork: 40 components.
  • Remove destroy: 30 components.
  • Fix engine: 40 components.
  • Paint car: 10 components.

3. Mechanic Services

Mechanics can offer a variety of services to their clients. Use "/service" to display a list of what you can offer.

3.1 Repair vehicle health

2 components will be required for every 50hp restored.

Using the command "/service [playerID] 1" will enable you to repair a vehicle's health. You will be informed with how many components this will cost you and how much it will cost the player. If you are happy with the requirements then confirm the action with "/service [playerID] 1 yes." This will then send the offer to your client for them to either accept or deny. Once accepted, you'll be given a spraycan and can now get set to work on the repair. Hop out of your towtruck and begin spraying the vehicle to increase it's health. Once the vehicle health has reached it's maximum amount allowed, the process will stop and the components will be taken from your towtruck as payment.

3.2 Repair vehicle bodywork

The command "/service [playerID] 2" will allow you to repair a vehicle's bodywork. This is purely cosmetic. As with the vehicle health command you will be informed of how many components this will cost and inform the client the cost of the service. Again "/service [playerID] 2 yes." will send an offer to your client for them to either accept or deny. If accepted, you're given a spraycan and you can now service their vehicle. Once the bodywork has been repaired, the process will automatically stop and the components will be removed from your towtruck.

3.3 Tuning up the battery

"/service [playerID] 3" allows you to tune up a vehicle's battery life and prolong it for future use. As usual you will be prompted with the requirements necessary to carry out this service. Once you're ready you can type "/service [playerID] 3 yes" to carry this service out. The rest will occur as usual!

3.4 Tuning up the engine

Lastly, "/service [playerID] 4" will let you tune up a vehicle's engine by 10hp per service. This is the most costly of all services and requires the most components. Make sure you meet the requirements before typing "/service [playerID] 4 yes". The usual prompts and messages will appear.

4. Commands

• /buycomp [amount]
    Buys components to use them for mechanic services.
    Note: 1 crate of components contains 10 products and it costs $100.
    For example, If you type "/buycomp 100" you will get 1000 products and it will cost you $10000.

• /checkcomponents
    Displays the amount of components your vehicle currently possesses.

• /service [playerID] [type of service]
    Displays the four (4) types of services a mechanic can offer to a person.
    Note1: Jumping the battery and Tuning the engine up require the hood to be opened (/hood).
    Note2: Jumping the battery and Tuning the engine up require the health of the battery or engine to be fairly low. The limit for a tune up is 50 (although you may tune a vehicle's health and battery to a level beyond 50 at first).

• /paintcar [playerID] [color1] [color2]
    Offers your client an agreement that If he has accepts, you can re-paint his vehicle.

• /colorlist
    Displays all IDs of colors that will help you (and your client) choose colors to re-paint a vehicle.

• /attach [playerID]
    Offers your client an agreement that If he agrees, you can attach his vehicle to your towtruck, in order to tow it.
    Note: The client has to be a passenger of the vehicle, not a driver nor on foot.

5. Frequently asked questions

• Do I have to be at a dealership in order for a mechanic to jump my battery or tune up my engine?
    No. Such actions can happen anywhere.

• Do I have to be at a dealership in order for a mechanic to replace my battery or my engine?
    Yes. That has to happen at a dealership.

• Can I transfer components from one vehicle to another?
    No, you are not able to do that.

• Why can't a mechanic jump my battery or tune up my engine?
    That's probably because your battery or engine health is not low enough (or too low - if it's lower than 3-5% you'll need to completely replace the battery or engine).

• How can I de-attach a vehicle I'm currently towing?
    Use the numpad arrows up and down (Num8 & Num2) to control the hook. Rolling it down will automatically detach the towed vehicle.

• Do I lose my components if my Towtruck is destroyed?
    No, your components will remain.

• Can I have the mechanic job as a side job?
    Yes you can, simply type /jobswitch.

Credits: Garrity, Ribsey, Lemon.

Vioxini
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Patrick_Eastwood

Re: Mechanic Job

Post by Vioxini » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:19 pm

Incredible guide! Although many of us already know a lot about the job, it's nice for people who can miss some parts.
Spoiler: show

DeadAccount
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by DeadAccount » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Vioxini wrote:Incredible guide! Although many of us already know a lot about the job, it's nice for people who can miss some parts.

I totally agree that its incredible! But as for the knowing already part, I'm the idiot who has been on the server since 2012 and has only used the mechanic job for the paycheck, only now wanting to try out the job itself lol.

But seriously, great job with this awesome guide!

EvOx
Mafia
Mafia

Post by EvOx » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:53 am

thank you.

G.iJoe
Gangster
Gangster

Post by G.iJoe » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:54 pm

Great guide.
“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”

Niko Cannero
Ingame name: Mikey Barsan

Post by Niko Cannero » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:52 am

I kinda have a question. Is there anyway to set your own prices?

Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Alonzo. » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:37 am

Niko Cannero wrote:I kinda have a question. Is there anyway to set your own prices?

No. You can ask the customer for extra money and he /pay's you.

Mini-MN
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Mini-MN » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:39 pm

Is there only one place you can buy components? I've just arrived in SF but there are no components to buy.
Character Name: Michael Arnold
Hobbies: Meditation, Vehicles & Reading.

SOLstar
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -

Post by SOLstar » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:55 am

Mini-MN wrote:Is there only one place you can buy components? I've just arrived in SF but there are no components to buy.

Yes there is only one place. You have to wait on truckers to pick up and deliver the components to SF. Sometimes they will deliver a lot and it will take a couple days for things to run out, so you will have fun with that, but other times you will unfortunately have to wait and fight over components with other people. Just make sure you wear gloves and a hard hat, it gets pretty dirty down there :wink: .
SOL = Spring of Life aka beginning of the life seasons.
Spring of Life = Beginning of Spring Equinox
Spring Equinox starts in the sign of Aries
SOL = Sun
The sun is a star
SOLstar

YourNeighbour
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Marco Defurie

Post by YourNeighbour » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:22 am

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE GOOD PROFIT make sure to ask for tips, some people will even give $5,000 in tips which can improve your financial position greatly. Make sure to write down and see how much you bought your parts for and how much you made, this will help keep you on track with the money you are making.

Mini-MN
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Mini-MN » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:51 pm

YourNeighbour wrote:IF YOU WANT TO MAKE GOOD PROFIT make sure to ask for tips, some people will even give $5,000 in tips which can improve your financial position greatly. Make sure to write down and see how much you bought your parts for and how much you made, this will help keep you on track with the money you are making.

Good point to bring up! I started doing this a few days ago but got the occasional person complain as they think the system price is all the have to pay. The system price doesn't always consider your profits and a lot of the time when components are needed you break even.

We ALL need to start charging labour fee's/asking for tips otherwise we will be under cutting each other and not realising were making no profit.

Sarfon
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: id Sarfon

Post by Sarfon » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:05 pm

We need a calculator that determines how many components it takes to tune up cars + prices.

Georgi
I love banitsa
I love banitsa
Ingame name: Rikki K . Vitaly R

Post by Georgi » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:34 pm

A tune-up of the engine and battery does not increase the stats by 10, but by 20/30, not exactly sure which one.
ALso, the components that are listed, I dont think that they are accurate at all.
Additionally, one big thing has been forgotten.
/service bla bla bla free
That will send a request to repair whatever you selected for free.
STATE BAR #129

Mini-MN
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Mini-MN » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Georgi wrote:A tune-up of the engine and battery does not increase the stats by 10, but by 20/30, not exactly sure which one.
ALso, the components that are listed, I dont think that they are accurate at all.
Additionally, one big thing has been forgotten.
/service bla bla bla free
That will send a request to repair whatever you selected for free.

/service bla bla bla free... Didn't even know this existed? That would definetly help us set our own prices. Will be giving that a try when I get online!

Would be even better if we could do;

/service bla bla bla 250

This way we could easily set our own prices and not have to worry about customers paying up front or driving off.

Why bro
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Clarence_Dixon

Post by Why bro » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:12 am

I've heard that mechanics can install locks, but I found nothing on here, was it removed or what?
Also known as -Mike Angelo, from another server that you suck dicks to do anything
Aka-retard, cunt.
Aka-trolling cunt.

Return to “Official Guides”