Trucker Job

You'll find Official server guides in this section. The one-stop place you need to find all the information you require!

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
Spotted a mistake? Let us know by reading the information and posting here: viewtopic.php?f=398&t=354301
LS-RP
Los Santos Roleplay
Los Santos Roleplay

Trucker Job

Post by LS-RP » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:42 am

The Trucker Job

Table of contents

1. Introduction 2. Ranks and information
3. How trucking works
4. Selling goods at Ocean Docks (The Ship)
5. Selling good to Businesses
6. Commands 7. Frequently asked questions

1. Introduction

1.1 Job information
The trucker job allows you to transport different cargo around the map to earn money. You buy cargo from their industries and sell it where they are most needed for an income.
Unlike most jobs, the trucker doesn't limit you to certain routes or checkpoints. You have to make your own routes and find out what is most profitable for yourself as the values may change and different business could pay more for certain cargo than others.

The trucks you can drive are limited by your rank, so don't expect to start off with big eighteen wheelers! You'll have to start your career from the bottom (Sadlers, Bobcats, Yosemites) then climb your way up to other vehicles that you will have to buy as there aren't free trucks available (Except the Bobcat that you can rent).

1.2 Getting the job
The trucker job can be obtained by using the command "/truckerjob" at the Ocean Docks. You can type "/truckerjob" from any place on the map in order to give you a checkpoint with the exact location.

2. Ranks and information

Courier Trainee
hours required for rank: 0 hours (starter rank)
  • Picador
    can transport: crates
    capacity: 2 slots

Sadler

Bobcat
    capacity: 3 slots

Walton
    capacity: 4 slots

Yosemite
    Can transpport: crates, bricks
    capacity: 6 slots
Courier
hours required for rank: 12 hours as previous rank
  • Pony
    capacity: 10 slots

Topfun (RC Van)

Burrito
Professional Courier
hours required for rank: 24 hours as previous rank
  • Rumpo
    capacity: 12 slots

Boxville
    capacity: 12 slots
Trucker Trainee
hours required for rank: 32 hours as previous rank
  • Benson
    can transport: crates, bricks
    capacity: 16 slots

Mule
    capacity: 18 slots

Transformer vehicles

DFT-30
    can transport: wood, transformers, bricks.
    capacity: 18 slots

Packer
    can transport: vehicles

Securicar
    can transport: crates, strongboxes
    capacity: 16 slots
Trucker
hours required for rank: 48 hours as previous rank
  • Yankee
    capacity: 24 slots

Flatbed
    can transport: loose
    capacity: 16 slots (16 tonnes)
Professional Trucker
hours required for rank: 48 hours as previous rank
  • Linerunner, Tanker, Roadtrain
    can transport: Article Trailer 1, Article Trailer 2, Petrol Trailer, Dump Trailer

Article Trailers
    capacity: 36 slots

Petrol Trailer
    can transport: liquids
    capacity: 40 slots (40 m³)

Dump Trailer
    can transport: loose
    capacity: 30 slots (30 tonnes)
Cargo types:
  • crates: gunpowder, steel shapes, clothes, wood planks, beverages, meal, car parts, appliances, fruits, meat, eggs
  • brick pallets: (1 pallet = 6 slots);
  • liquids: fuel, milk, dyes (1 slot = 1 m³)
  • loose: scrap metal, cotton, cereal, malt, aggregate (1 slot = 1 ton)

3. How Trucking Works

The general, simplistic version of this script is to buy (or produces) goods from one industry and then selling it to another industry that buys it from truckers (requires it).

A more detailed explanation of it, you need to begin with your available trucking vehicles and begin to gather your understanding of what goods you wish to sell, whether it is to get as much money per run as possible or to get crates for other circumstances. You will need to buy a trucking vehicle that you can use from a Vehicle Dealership or rent a vehicle that you can find in Los Santos (you must find this by yourself). After this, you should consult the trucking map diagram and see where you can buy goods that you are able to buy.

Once you get to the industry selling the goods, you will /cargo buy the goods. You can either sell them to another industry or sell them to a business which buys the goods. You go to the business or industry and /cargo sell your cargo at the door of the business / industry. Businesses can see how many products a trucker gives per unit of cargo by reading the businesses part of this guide. You can also sell goods to the large Ship that comes to Ocean Docks regularly, there is information below on the ocean docks boat. You can see a diagram of what type of goods each business can take in the trucking diagram.

Keep in mind, If your truck gets destroyed or abandoned, you will get a fine. You will also lose trucker career hours.

4. Selling goods at Ocean Docks (The Ship)

There are not many businesses in LS:RP and so to prevent secondary industries from overfilling, there is a new ocean ship in Ocean Docks. This ship accepts all secondary commodities for basic price. Truckers may sell their cargo to the ship just like to a regular industry / business. Business owners should set their components price to be slightly higher than the basic price on the ship, otherwise no truckers would sell their cargo to the business, but rather to the ship.

The ship docks in Ocean Docks for 40 minutes and then leaves for 5 minutes 40 seconds. After that time interval, another ship arrives with empty storage. Note that you must take the cargo on foot to the white arrows on the ship! However, if you are selling fuel, you DO NOT drive the truck on the ship, but you use a special place on the port.

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT DRIVE VEHICLES ON THE SHIP (the only exception is the forklift)

5. Selling goods to Businesses

Businesses are places such as restaurants, bars, 24/7's and fuel stations.

All businesses are required to have products to operate. And it is the job of truckers to refill them. Commodities bought from secondary industries are delivered to businesses and sold using the same commands. If a business' product price is higher than $0, it means that the owner is buying products and truckers may sell them to the business to refill it. If the cargo price (/cargoprice) is set to $0, the business is not accepting anything. Businesses depend on truckers.

How does it work? Every business has got a product storage of a limited size. By selling a cargo crate to a business, a specified amount of products is added to the business. The amount of products from 1 crate / commodity can be found in the table below. Note, please, that products are necessary to be able to /enter the business!
Business Type
Gas Stations
Ammunations
24/7
Vehicle Dealerships
Car Modding Shops
Pay & Spray
Clothing Shops
Bars
Restaurant
Furniture Shop
Advertisement Center
Bank
Other Businesses
Accepted Commodities
fuel
weapons
appliances
vehicles
car parts
dyes
clothes
beverages
meal
furniture
paper
coins
nothing
How many products are generated from 1 unit of cargo?
nothing

6. Commands

These are the complete commands for the trucker job, keep in mind that when trying to place or take cargo from vehicles that you the vehicle's engine is on, the vehicle is unlocked and the trunk is opened.

6.1 See & pickup cargo in your vehicle
/cargo list
Shows you a menu with a list of cargo loaded in the nearest unlocked vehicle.
Note: By selecting cargo in the menu, you may pick it up from the vehicle.

6.2 Place cargo in your vehicle
/cargo place
Places the cargo you're currently holding to the nearest unlocked vehicle.

6.3 Place cargo in your vehicle using a forklift
/cargo fork

Works only when you're in a Forklift!
Enables you to select which cargo you want to fork (load on your Forklift) from the nearest unlocked vehicle.

6.4 Place cargo on the ground
/cargo putdown
Places the cargo you're currently holding on the ground. (max 2 crates per player, 60 crates per server)

7.5 Pick up cargo from the ground (/cargo pickup)
/cargo pickup
Picks up the cargo that is laying on the ground.

6.6 Buying cargo
/cargo buy (on foot)
Use this command when you're standing in the white rotating arrow. You'll buy 1 unit of cargo for the storage price. You can then put this cargo to your vehicle or sell it back to the storage using /cargo sell.

/cargo buy (in a Forklift)
Works same as on foot, except the cargo is not put in your hands, but in your Forklift.
Max: 3 crates / Forklift

/cargo buy (in a truck)
Works same as on foot, except the cargo is loaded on your truck. If you're loading a liquid or a loose cargo, it will take some time to load the cargo in your truck. During this time, you MAY exit your truck and roleplay connecting the trailer, etc.

6.7 Selling cargo
/cargo sell
Works same as /cargo buy, except you're not buying the cargo, but selling it.
This also works next to an entrance to a business that is buying components from you!

6.8 Trucker's PDA system
/tpda
Opens a Trucker's PDA system. Here you can find a list of all industries, ship information, list of businesses that are accepting cargo and information about vehicles.

6.9 Industry information
/industry
Shows information dialog about the industry you're currently standing at.

6.10 Using a trailer
/trailer [...]
Those commands can be used when driving a truck with an attached trailer.

7. Frequently asked questions

You can find the list of frequently asked questions on the feature documentation, which is located here. The trucking system has since had some major changes, and it'd be recommended to follow the main points of the discussion thread implementing these changes here.

NOTE: This official guide has been made to give a simpler and beginners introduction to the Trucking Job. A lot of this information has been taken off of the feature documentation and credits go to TomsonTom for the majority of the content and for the trucking script itself.

Kendrick_Underwood
British Sicario

Re: Trucker Job

Post by Kendrick_Underwood » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:01 am

Really informative, good job Garrity.

Gøøner
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gøøner » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Great tutorial. Here you have all things that one trucker beginner needs to know.

Justus
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Harry Bernard

Post by Justus » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:01 pm

I love it, I hope I can finish my trucking routes to add to this! :mrgreen:
Retired Level 3 Admin, Retired Head of Mappers, Retired Junior Developer

Kidd!
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Eastwood - Yuen - Kidd

Post by Kidd! » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:04 pm

Really good job with this guide, nice and detailed.

Ethan Kidd / Lucas Eastwood / Ethan Fletcher / SASD’s finest

ex-FOCOTDM IG Lead Admin FLETCHER. (bring back the good days)

.Linas
LS:RP Legend
LS:RP Legend

Post by .Linas » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:42 am

Good job. Really helps.

Lightlaw

Post by Lightlaw » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Nice guide really helped me start the trucker job. But I just have a question where can I find the basic trucker cars I went to the docks and searched there and found nothing been walking around los santos for the longest and finally got pissed and just logged off.

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Lightlaw wrote:Nice guide really helped me start the trucker job. But I just have a question where can I find the basic trucker cars I went to the docks and searched there and found nothing been walking around los santos for the longest and finally got pissed and just logged off.
We're leaving them to be found by yourselves and to promote yourselves to buy your vehicles to progress in the career.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Lightlaw

Post by Lightlaw » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:23 pm

Garrity wrote:
Lightlaw wrote:Nice guide really helped me start the trucker job. But I just have a question where can I find the basic trucker cars I went to the docks and searched there and found nothing been walking around los santos for the longest and finally got pissed and just logged off.
We're leaving them to be found by yourselves and to promote yourselves to buy your vehicles to progress in the career.
Yeah I understand that much but you can't really buy vehicles if you can't get the job done. Everywhere I see a trucker car its locked and I can't find one to rent. So much trouble and I didn't even start the job.

Jakeros
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Jakeros » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Good job. I have a quick question, is there a reseriction for the government faction to have the job?
^tcp

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Jakeros wrote:Good job. I have a quick question, is there a reseriction for the government faction to have the job?
Yes there is and after certain events I can confirm it to an extent. You will need to talk to Nathan (Head of Legal Factions) to discuss the ability of the faction being allowed the use of the job.
Game Administrator

Plazith
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Marshall Crow

Post by Plazith » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:16 pm

What should i start with if i just started being a trucker?

Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Aviel

Post by Hater. » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Plazith wrote:What should i start with if i just started being a trucker?
You may choose between any of the Courier Trainee vehicles.

Deathofbest
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Sean Hawks

Post by Deathofbest » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi, i'm currently facing this problem, as you'll see, i have 24 hours played as a courier, but it just doesn't upgrading to pro courier as it suppose to be. Any suggestions to solve the situation? I've already tried to relog, typed the /jobhelp command hundreds of times, but noting seems to happen. I hope you can help me somehow.

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Deathofbest wrote:Hi, i'm currently facing this problem, as you'll see, i have 24 hours played as a courier, but it just doesn't upgrading to pro courier as it suppose to be. Any suggestions to solve the situation? I've already tried to relog, typed the /jobhelp command hundreds of times, but noting seems to happen. I hope you can help me somehow.
On your next payday you'll be promoted to Professional Courier, you just have to wait out that last hour.
Game Administrator

Return to “Official Guides”