Taxi Job

You'll find Official server guides in this section. The one-stop place you need to find all the information you require!

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
Spotted a mistake? Let us know by reading the information and posting here: viewtopic.php?f=398&t=354301
LS-RP
Los Santos Roleplay
Los Santos Roleplay

Taxi Job

Post by LS-RP » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Taxi Job

Table of contents
1. Introduction
__ 1.1 Job information
__ 1.2 Vehicles
2. Commands
3. Missions
4. Frequently asked questions
1. Introduction

1.1 Job information
The job as a taxi driver will require you to provide transport for the players of Los Santos. Taxi drivers have become a useful form of transport when someone is without a vehicle and needs a quick ride to the location they desire. The taxi job is located at the DMV where you also gain your drivers license. You need to take an exam to gain the taxi job, it'll cost you $5000 if you pass it. To start the exam at the DMV, you should enter the white license taxi vehicle, you'll be prompted with information about the exam and how to drive. To start your exam type "/licenseexam" and to stop the exam type "/exitcar".

A checkpoint and a red marker will appear on your map. Drive into the checkpoint and follow the route highlighted by checkpoints afterwards. The exam should take around 10 minutes and costs $5,000 on completing.

You must finish the taxi exam within the time limit shown on screen in order to pass. When you have completed the taxi exam successfully, the Taxi Driver job will be in either your Main Job slot or Side Job slot in your player /stats depending on whether or not you already have a job before you take the exam.

You will have plenty of time so drive calmly and safely and take care at intersections. You will fail the exam and your vehicle will despawn if you have any major collisions either with other players or the environment. Also remember to keep moving, as staying still for any extended period of time will cause you to fail the exam.

1.2 Vehicles
You will need to purchase your own vehicle to be able to initiate the taxi missions. Only the two vehicles below can be used with the taxi job.
Taxi
Taxi
Price: $45,000
The taxi is the standard vehicle used within the taxi industry and is a good starter vehicle for all taxi drivers. The taxi is slightly faster than it's counterpart, the Cabbie, and sports a greater mile-per-gallon usage but is very standard and unoriginal.

Cabbie
Cabbie
Price: $50,000
The Cabbie, albeit slightly slower than the taxi, is a more luxurious and exclusive method of transportation. Use this to impress your customers!

2. Commands
  • /taxi duty
    This'll set yourself to be available for taxi calls and show you as on taxi duty. You'll be given a coloured name indicating you as a taxi driver.
  • /taxi fare
    This allows you to set your own fare and how much you will charge per second during taxi fares.
  • /taxi accept
    When someone calls for a taxi, you use this command to accept the call/fare.
  • /taxi start
    This will begin the fare and begin the journey.
  • /taxi stop
    This immediately stops a fare no matter where you are. This command will stop you from earning any payment.
  • /taxi check
    A command for players to check how much you are charging them per second.

3. Missions

You can go on duty with the command "/taxi duty" inside any Taxi or Cabbie. This will allow you to respond to other players' calls. When a call is received, you will see a similar message to the following:

You can respond to a call with the command "/taxi accept [ID]" where ID is the player's ID. In the example above, this number would be 1.

If you are the first person to respond to the call, you will receive the caller's current location and phone number in case you need to contact them or if you can't find them.

When you have picked up your fare, you can use the command "/taxi start" to begin the fare meter. This charges any passengers in the vehicle a set amount of money every second. You can change this amount with the command "/taxi fare [0-25]". When the passenger exits the vehicle, it will automatically charge them and add the money to your hand. You can stop the fare meter by typing the command "/taxi stop" but please note this will cancel any fare that has currently been accumulated.

4. Frequently asked questions
  • I have my Taxi vehicle, how do I start?
    Once you have your vehicle to start the job, you should use "/taxi" when sat inside it. You'll be prompted with commands of the job.
  • How do I know where people are?
    Currently, unless you have good knowledge of the map, there is no system in place to assist you with locations.
  • I've started the exam but I don't see the checkpoints?
    If the checkpoints for the taxi exam do not appear, simply remain still for a few moments and wait for your Cabbie to despawn. Enter the same or another Cabbie and repeat the "/licenseexam" command. Repeat this process if necessary until the first checkpoint appears on your map.

Russell_Clarke

Re: Taxi Job

Post by Russell_Clarke » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:12 am

Doing the test is the hardest part.. either there's a fire engine sitting on your checkpoint, a bobcat noob slams into you at 400km/h, or there's a bunch of cars blocking the only way there..

Algebra
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Algebra » Sat May 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Russell_Clarke wrote:Doing the test is the hardest part.. either there's a fire engine sitting on your checkpoint, a bobcat noob slams into you at 400km/h, or there's a bunch of cars blocking the only way there..
This is a late reply and most likely you won't see this, but this can help others. To pass your taxi test without any hassel (Like mentioned). Try to conduct the exam during the morning hours when LSRP's player count doesn't reach 120+. That way the chances of someone hitting you while doing the test is low compared at night..

John_Rising
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: John_Rising

Post by John_Rising » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:45 pm

You can also switch TAXI job to either main or side job by using /jobswitch command.
I'm not in Probation Scheme and nobody forced me to post this in my signature but I want to help other people and give something back to community in order to get unbanned. I'll help people out on the forums and if you need help, PM me and I'll help you if I can. John Rising.

Vincent_Vertigo
Star Centurion
Star Centurion
Ingame name: Sunny Side Up

Post by Vincent_Vertigo » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:21 am

Good to mention:

If you quti taxi job with /leavejob cmd, you will have to take another taxi /licenseexam in order to get taxi job again.
Taxi vehicles (taxi/cabbie) can be only bought if you have taxi job as your mainjob. They can be sold, tough, without taxi job in stats.

vvvls.boards.net
PH: 555 - 477 - 477

axez
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by axez » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:57 pm

This route should be updated. It requires the "student" to drive illegally over highways and wrong side etc. Doesn't make sense in a license EXAM.
Don't do bad, be good.
Discord: axez#1934

Yardie3
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Avon Stewart

Post by Yardie3 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:19 pm

KayaQue wrote:This route should be updated. It requires the "student" to drive illegally over highways and wrong side etc. Doesn't make sense in a license EXAM.
Not only that, it's way too large, and it's locations of interest are very much outdated.
The problem with being too large is, there's too many drivers in LSRP that don't respect the rules, someone will crash into you eventually, forcing you to despawn your car and have to run back and take the exam again. When I took mine, it took me like four tries.
Free Buck Buck Free Tooka
Free Bueller Free Carl Hamond
Free Evander Free Willie Smalls
Free MikeW Free Smerf
Free Lawny

Ashley
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ashley » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Yardie3 wrote:
KayaQue wrote:This route should be updated. It requires the "student" to drive illegally over highways and wrong side etc. Doesn't make sense in a license EXAM.
Not only that, it's way too large, and it's locations of interest are very much outdated.
The problem with being too large is, there's too many drivers in LSRP that don't respect the rules, someone will crash into you eventually, forcing you to despawn your car and have to run back and take the exam again. When I took mine, it took me like four tries.
Put forth a suggestion in this section as that's something to do with the actual scripting of the job, this guide merely points out how the entire system works - it isn't an outlet for suggesting changes.

DHOWL.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by DHOWL. » Mon May 11, 2015 12:27 am

I'm saving money for a taxi, reading this to know what to do. Good job!

#YOLO
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Corey_Teller

Post by #YOLO » Fri May 29, 2015 9:31 pm

This tutorial is good but taxi route have to be changed..

fvcked
Gangster
Gangster

Post by fvcked » Sun May 31, 2015 1:47 am

Also note that, if you want to sell your taxi vehicle to another player - they have to have the taxi job.

I've tried selling my taxi and it did not work when the player who was trying to buy did not have the job.

Mikee
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Mikee » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:07 pm

DHOWL. wrote:I'm saving money for a taxi, reading this to know what to do. Good job!

Dequain Brooks
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dequain Brooks » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:26 am

Great tutorial and this job is worth the nerves on the taxi license exam.

Emily_H
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Emily_H » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:02 am

Whats up with the no paycheck deal though... like even $250 would be helpful..
:roll:
????_???? - lvl ?? - Alive
Tre_Cox- lvl 4 -Alive
Letty_Torres - lvl 16 - Deceased 2017
Yessica_Caldwell - lvl 12- Deceased 2015 - Caldwell Family
Emily_Hernandez- lvl 9 - Deceased 2014 - WSG18

I like to Roleplay
Because we're all gonna die in a pointless war anytime now

Jack_Esley
Civilian
Civilian