Bank System

You'll find Official server guides in this section. The one-stop place you need to find all the information you require!

Moderators: Player Support Mods, Lead Admins

Forum rules
Spotted a mistake? Let us know by reading the information and posting here: viewtopic.php?f=398&t=354301
LS-RP
Los Santos Roleplay
Los Santos Roleplay

Bank System

Post by LS-RP » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:53 am

Bank System

Table of contents

1. Introduction
__ 1.1 Bank Locations
__ 1.2 Why should you use a Bank?
2. Collecting Paychecks
__ 2.1 Cashing Paychecks
3. Savings
__ 3.1 Introduction
__ 3.2 How it works
4. Commands
5. Frequently Asked Questions

1. Introduction

1.1 Bank Locations

There are three banks which can be used throughout San Andreas. Two of which reside in Los Santos are in Rodeo (The Rodeo Bank) and near the stadium in East Los Santos (The Hoover Bank). A third can be found in Palomino Creek.

Rodeo Bank

Hoover Bank

Both share the same interior:

Palomino Creek Bank

1.2 Why should you use a bank?

Banks provide an easy way to store your money and, more importantly, allows you to earn more money via interest on the money that you store there. Your job will pay into your paycheque each hour and you can collect these by visiting banks. Check out the collecting paychecks section of this guide for more information on doing so. You can also open a savings account and accrue a large amount of money depending on how long you keep your account open for. Check out the savings section for more information.

The current interest rate for saving money in your regular bank account is as follows:

0.1% on any amount up to $19,999,999

0.05% on any amount larger than $20,000,000

2. Collecting Paychecks

Paycheck happens every hour on the hour and enables you to collect your earnings from your jobs. Some jobs will pay into your paycheck automatically whilst others will require you to cash cheques in order to receive your payment. You can see how much is in your paycheck ready to be collected by typing "/stats" and checking the "Paycheck" field. You can collect this amount of money by simply entering any of the aforementioned banks and walking into the spinning dollar symbol. The amount of cash you receive will go straight into your pocket.

The message below is the one you will get once you receive your paycheck. In this case, the player in the picture below received $14,034 from his paycheck.

2.1 Cashing cheques

Once you have finished your job which pays you via the cheque system, you will need to follow a few simple steps to generate a cheque for that amount:
  1. Use the command "/cheque paycheck yes". This converts your earnings into a check.
  2. Use the command "/cheque display all". This will give you a list of your check, including the one you just generated.
  3. Get your check ID from the list. You need just the number -- nothing else!
  4. Use the command "/cheque cash [checkid]", using the check ID you just found.
  5. Wait until the next payday. You can use the "/time" command to see the server time; payday occurs every hour.
  6. Go to one of the banks, and walk into the $ sign to collect your money. You don't have to do this every time you cash a check; you can just leave the money to build up and collect it after you've cashed a few paychecks.

3. Savings

3.1 Introduction

Savings is a system which allows you to invest your money into a savings account which generates interest on every payday. The longer you keep your savings in the account, the larger the amount of money you will earn in interest.

The current interest rate is: 0.5%

The downside to using the savings system is that all other bank commands are disabled whilst you have an active savings account. This means you won't be able to deposit or withdraw from your bank account whilst your savings account is open. Players can, however, still pay money into other people's accounts regardless of whether they have their savings account open or not by using the "/transfer" command.

3.2 How it works

To begin using the savings system, head to any of the aforementioned banks and type "/savings" to which you'll be presented with the following information:

To deposit cash into your savings, simply type "/savings [amount]" and your account will be opened. You cannot deposit more into your savings account once you have opened it and withdrawing your savings will return your investment + the interest you gained on it. To withdraw your savings and to close your account, simply type /savings" once more.

Note: You can only deposit between $50,000 and $100,000 into your savings account when you first open the account. The maximum amount of money your savings account can earn is $20,000,000 (Twenty Million Dollars)

Your savings account will gain interest on every payday that you are online (on the hour every hour) and are entitled to. Your bank statement will show how much you have earnt. Remember that you cannot use your bank account whilst savings are active, so you will have to carefully manage your money. Withdrawing your savings will result in you having to start again should you wish to open up the savings account in the future, so remember that the longer you leave it, the more money you will earn.

4. Commands

• /bank [value]
    Allows you to deposit money into your bank account.
  • /withdraw [value]
    Command to withdraw money from your bank account.
  • /savings [value (50k-100k)]
    Allows you to deposit money into your savings and opens your savings account
  • /savings
    Withdraws your savings and closes your savings account.
  • /transfer [playerID] [value]
    Allows you to transfer a specific amount of money from your bank account to the bank account of another player.
    Note: You must be at least level 3 to use this command.
  • /balance
    Displays the balance of your bank account and savings.
  • /fbank (Only works If you are invited in an official faction)
    Displays the balance of your faction bank.
  • /fbank [value] (Only works If you are invited in an official faction)
    Deposits money into your faction bank.
  • /cheque paycheck yes
    Gives you the cheque(s) of a mission you have completed. (e.g. from a trucker mission)
  • /cheque display all
    Displays all cheques along with their ID you currently possess.
  • /cheque cash [chequeID]
    Redeems the cheque by sending the money a cheque contains to your paycheck. As soon as you type this command, you will receive the money of the cheque at the next payday. You will be able to collect the money by simply receiving your paycheck inside any bank, by walking into the dollar icon.
  • /cheque give [playerID] [chequeID]
    Gives a cheque you currently possess to another player.
  • /cheque rip [chequeID]
    Completely destroys a cheque you possess.
    Warning: Upon ripping it, the cheque will be removed completely, you won't be able to redeem it.

5. Frequently asked questions

• Why can't I use /bank and /withdraw?
    This is possibly due to you having a savings account open (/savings). To be able to use your bank account again, you will need to close your savings account via the /savings command.
  • Is there a limit for savings?
    Yes, the minimum amount of money you can put into a savings account is $50,000 and the maximum is $100,000. The maximum amount of money that the savings account can accrue is $20,000,000 (Twenty Million).
  • What are the interest rates?
    Currently the interest you gain on your bank account is 0.1% for values up to $20,000,000 and then 0.05% for any amount larger than $20,000,000. The current savings interest rate is 0.5%.
  • I've gone to the spinning dollar sign and have received no money - why is this?
    This is possibly due to you still needed to cash your paycheque. Refer to our cashing cheques section for a detailed guide on how to do this.
  • I've forgotten my cheque ID!
    Simply type /cheque display all to display all your cheques.
  • I've cashed my cheque but still haven't received any money. What am I doing wrong?
    You need to wait until the next payday (on the hour, every hour) for your cash to be available from the spinning dollar icon.
  • Can I withdraw part of my savings?
    No, you can only withdraw the entire savings amount.
  • If I close my savings account can I then open it again later with the same withdrawed amount?
    No, if you withdraw your savings then you will need to start again next time with the value between $50,000 and $100,000 and watch it slowly grow again. Think carefully whether you need to withdraw your savings account as there is no way to undo this!

Zwips
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Antonio Bocaletti

Re: Bank System

Post by Zwips » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Is this /tranfer command still legit?

I mean, I've tried to do business by having them tranfering to my bank account. But the couldn't since i had savings.

They didn't have savings themselves, but simply because I had savings active, then they couldn't tranfer to my bank account?

Is this a bug of some kind? Or is it suppose to be like this??

Rapaholik
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Rapaholik » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:13 am

Zwips wrote:Is this /tranfer command still legit?

I mean, I've tried to do business by having them tranfering to my bank account. But the couldn't since i had savings.

They didn't have savings themselves, but simply because I had savings active, then they couldn't tranfer to my bank account?

No you can't transfer anymore while in savings.

Virkhov & Rich's
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Alexander_Richovich

Post by Virkhov & Rich's » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:55 pm

Question : Since the Christmas reboot I can't spawn in my house (paid cash) because my savings don't allow me to put money in my bank to pay the new "houses fees". Since then I always spawn at the aiport and it's pretty not fun because I paid the house a big ammount ans I always have to travel when I log. Can I get a better explanation please?
.Image

Zwips
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Antonio Bocaletti

Post by Zwips » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:12 am

Virkhov & Rich's wrote:Question : Since the Christmas reboot I can't spawn in my house (paid cash) because my savings don't allow me to put money in my bank to pay the new "houses fees". Since then I always spawn at the aiport and it's pretty not fun because I paid the house a big ammount ans I always have to travel when I log. Can I get a better explanation please?

I've asked about it, and that's just the new update. So if you have savings and don't wish to take it out, (and down have money in the bank), then you can't spawn at your house-s.
I find this very frustrating aswell, since I have a house in the county.
-It would be a great deal if this could be changed for us, so we somehow can get money into our bank account, so we don't have to spawn at the airport all the time, which basicly kindda ruins the first thirty minutes of the gametime. :oops:

Facts
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Facts » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:26 am

Zwips wrote:
Virkhov & Rich's wrote:Question : Since the Christmas reboot I can't spawn in my house (paid cash) because my savings don't allow me to put money in my bank to pay the new "houses fees". Since then I always spawn at the aiport and it's pretty not fun because I paid the house a big ammount ans I always have to travel when I log. Can I get a better explanation please?

I've asked about it, and that's just the new update. So if you have savings and don't wish to take it out, (and down have money in the bank), then you can't spawn at your house-s.
-It would be a great deal if this could be changed for us, so we somehow can get money into our bank account, so we don't have to spawn at the airport all the time, which basicly kindda ruins the first thirty minutes of the gametime. :oops:

I wish we can different bank accounts so that we can have like a seperate savings, like in real life. If your savings is in a CD or something, you cannot take it out but if you have another bank account you can put money there. I think LS:RP should have a system like that, where you can put your house bill on another bank account rather than the one you put your savings in.
all my niggas gang bang, fuck the other side.
just bought a chopper now i'm feenin' for a homicide.
flyest nigga living, i give bitches butterflies.
you a street nigga?
boy your ass don't even come outside!

Virkhov & Rich's
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Alexander_Richovich

Post by Virkhov & Rich's » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Facts wrote:
Zwips wrote:

I wish we can different bank accounts so that we can have like a seperate savings, like in real life. If your savings is in a CD or something, you cannot take it out but if you have another bank account you can put money there. I think LS:RP should have a system like that, where you can put your house bill on another bank account rather than the one you put your savings in.

Yeah
Last edited by Virkhov & Rich's on Thu May 19, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Image

Elvira
Senior Forum Moderator
Ingame name: Scarlett Warren

Post by Elvira » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:23 pm

This is wrong it should be 0.01 for the regular bank account (0.1 means 10%). And obviously the regular bank account's interest rate isn't more than savings, which is at 5%.

I wish my savings interest was 50%...
Eyes that burn like cigarettes🔥

SuperJew
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: M. Cunningham, A. Mey

Post by SuperJew » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Elvira wrote:Image

This is wrong it should be 0.01 for the regular bank account (0.1 means 10%). And obviously the regular bank account's interest rate isn't more than savings, which is at 5%.

I wish my savings interest was 50%...

The information is correct. The interests are 0.1% and 0.05% which are not equal to 0.1 and 0.05. Same for the savings interest which is 0.5% and not 0.5 (There is a difference).

צבא ההגנה לישראל
Israel Defense Forces
חיל ההנדסה הקרבית
The Combat Engineering Corps

Elvira
Senior Forum Moderator
Ingame name: Scarlett Warren

Post by Elvira » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:41 pm

LMFAO this is why I didn't major in math :lol: Thank you for explaining to me!
Eyes that burn like cigarettes🔥

Dawn of The Dead
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Dawn of The Dead » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:18 am

Cool Cool

RedMob
Civilian
Civilian

Post by RedMob » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Cool.

Wayne_Romeo
Don Gorgan
Don Gorgan

Post by Wayne_Romeo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Rapaholik wrote:
Zwips wrote:Is this /tranfer command still legit?

No you can't transfer anymore while in savings.

That sucks
Last edited by Ribsey on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned - spamming.

Alecs
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Alecs » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:27 pm

So hard to gain that ammount, 20 millions from 100 G's.

mub
Ingame name: mub

Bank System

Post by mub » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:25 am

Not sure what my engine code is EA880 or so? Or another 3 letter code?

What might cause the system lean at idle code?
How to troubleshoot?

Return to “Official Guides”