Fishing Job

You'll find Official server guides in this section. The one-stop place you need to find all the information you require!

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
Spotted a mistake? Let us know by reading the information and posting here: viewtopic.php?f=398&t=354301
Tudy
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Fishing Job

Post by Tudy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:53 pm

thx for the guide

Pudg3
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Zildjian_Sefuentes

Post by Pudg3 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:35 am

Which is faster? The 5000 lbs run or the 1000 one?

yasinkl
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Randy_Stahl

Post by yasinkl » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Are vehicles a must for this job? Mention me if you are answering please.

bluesklues
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: banned

Post by bluesklues » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:40 pm

yasinkl wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:31 pm
Are vehicles a must for this job? Mention me if you are answering please.
If you're fishing from the water, (/gofishing 1) You'll need at least a Dinghy. Despite this, you may fish from the pier where as a vehicle is not needed.

Trexore
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Trexore » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:01 am

Very helpful for newbies.

Mex
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Mex » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Helpful.

Flaym
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Flaym » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:24 am

Very helpful for new players.
Returning Back to my main forum account, @Trexore

Geefrop
Ingame name: James Mendoza

Post by Geefrop » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:20 am

Pudg3 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:35 am
Which is faster? The 5000 lbs run or the 1000 one?
1000, why? read further.
In fishing (I dedicated my life to fishing so some of the opinions here are for people who want to spend more time in fishing due to needing more time to become a professional trucker or etc.), earning money is the goal but earning it is pure hard work. Fishing increases your income over time, starting from the pier with a rented car to a Dinghy to a Squallo. To start my opinion, let's get down to income which has a huge difference to profit.
What's the difference?
Well, profit is what you earn but without the expenses and it's very important to keep in mind that you have fuel and other resources in order for your watercraft to be running properly. So you need to keep in mind the maintenance of your watercraft. (I assume you already know what I'm talking about, you can stop here now)
How can you be sure I earn bigger in 1000 than 5000 run?
It's the cost of the fuel and for the good of your engine and battery, and if you're still not satisfied with that, fishing at the edge of spot 1 which is closer to the docks to unload could reduce the time in fishing. (screenshot)

I can't screenshot my map so here, after the right side of marina canal and below the lake provided in the screenshot

Tips on how to save fuel;
1. There are 2 fishing spot when fishing in a watercraft, the one near the Pier(spot 1) or the one near where you buy your boat(spot 2), once you are in spot 1 just turn your engine off and always keep in mind, always turn off the engine when stationary;
2.I'm not saying stop at spot 1, You can definitely go to spot 2 but only if you are refueling or checking how much you need for a vehicle(Santa Maria Dealership) if you are thinking of buying a vehicle;
3.Stay at the edge of the fishing area so you can save fuel because of the travel time;
In this opinion I'm saying to earn money is to save money which could be great in a sense of earning fast since I am focusing on making the cost lesser so we would grow our money faster.
Correct me if you spot something wrong.

dazdixiewest
Civilian
Civilian

Post by dazdixiewest » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:07 am

the system is great but I stay with the trucker hahaha

Jason_Bruvv
Uboa
Uboa
Ingame name: Jason_Acey

Post by Jason_Bruvv » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks for sharing

johnjake

Post by johnjake » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:05 am

LS-RP wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:37 am
The Fishing Job

Table of contents
1. Introduction
__ 1.1 Job information
__ 1.2 Locations
__ 1.3 Vehicles
2. Commands
3. Missions
__ 3.1 Pier
__ 3.2 Open Water
4. Frequently asked questions
1. Introduction

1.1 Job information
The Fishing Job is a legal job type that can be used alongside any other script-job that you may have. The job includes fishing for the fish from either a platform or a boat and then transporting them to sell them for cash.

1.2 Locations
There are two places in which you are able to use the fishing commands; the Santa Maria Pier (Pictured Below) and open water, such as the sea and lakes.

There is also an area at the Ocean Docks (Pictured below) for you to unload your fish for money.

1.3 Vehicles

Dinghy
Dinghy
Price: $20,000
The Dinghy is the cheapest and most basic vehicle available to those using the fishing script, with the slowest speed and limited roleplaying opportunities in comparison to models such as the Tropic. A good starting boat, it's a foundation for increasing the amount of money you earn via the fishing script.

Reefer
Reefer
Price: $180,000
The Reefer is a step up from the standard dinghy and provides a more luxurious way of fishing at an affordable price. Despite not being as fast as some of the other vehicles available, you can definitely show your sense of style across the fishing empire with this large vessel.

Tropic
Tropic
Price: $299,999
The Tropic is seen as the middle ground for Fisherman, offering more roleplay opportunities and a classier look in comparison to the Dinghy. There are several modifications around that allow users to enter the interior of the boat, allowing more access to roleplaying opportunities for those wishing to create a faction around the fishing job - or use it for a trip with faction members.
Squalo
Squalo
Price: $1,000,000
The Squalo is the most expensive boat available to those using the fishing script, but it is also the fastest and allows those using the fishing job to generate money the ability to complete loads faster than those using other modes of transport.

2. Commands
  • /gofishing 1
    This command is used if you wish to start fishing from a vehicle on open water.
  • /gofishing 2
    This command is used if you wish to start fishing from the Santa Maria Pier.
  • /fish
    This command is used to catch fish after using either of the two /gofishing commands. This can be used every 6 seconds in an attempt to catch a fish.
  • /stopfishing
    Stops fishing before hitting the limit and prompts you to go and unload the fish.
  • /unloadfish
    Used to unload your fish for cash. This command will create a waypoint for you to travel to and sell your fish for money.
  • /myfish
    Allows you to see how many fish you've currently caught in lbs.

3. Missions
  • 3.1 Pier
    By heading to the Santa Maria Pier, you are able to fish without the need of purchasing a boat. Simply type "/gofishing 2" and head down to the end of the pier to the static fishing rods pointing out to sea. From here, type "/fish" and you will be presented with what you have caught and it's weight. Continue using /fish until you have had enough of fishing (command can be used once every 6 seconds) and then use "/stopfishing" to bring your fishing trip to an end.

To receive your payout for fishing you then need to unload these fish at the Ocean Docks. Use the command "/unloadfish" to put this point on your mini-map. Head over to the marker and use the command "/unloadfish" again. This will sell your fish and you'll be presented onscreen how much you have sold them for. This money is automatically added to your cash.

3.2 Open Water
    If you have enough cash, you can purchase different boats or canoe to help you to fish for larger quantities of fish. Once purchased, hop into one of these boats and type "/gofishing 1" to be shown a marker in the sea just south of the Santa Maria Pier. Type "/fish" to begin fishing and use this command (only once every 6 seconds) to catch as much fish as you want. To bring your trip to an end, type "/stopfishing."

Once again, you'll need to head to the Ocean Docks unloading point to sell your fish. Type "/unloadfish" and head to the Ocean Docks waypoint which has now appeared on your mini-map. The advantage of having a boat in this situation is you can easily drive back and forth between Ocean Docks and Santa Maria fishing area to reel in the big bucks! Once at the unloading point, type "/unloadfish" again to sell your fish. Again, you'll be shown how much you sold them for and this amount will automatically be added to your cash.

4. Frequently asked questions
  • How do I sell my fish for money?
    Use "/unloadfish" to be prompted with a waypoint on the minimap. If you then travel to this waypoint and use the "/unloadfish" command again you shall sell your fish to the server and receive payment.
  • Can I have the fishing job alongside any other job?
    Yes. As the Fishing Job is not assigned to your character and doesn't appear in /stats anyone can use it, regardless of whether they're in a faction or have a job already.
  • How much money do I get for selling my fish?
    The amount of money you receive when selling your fish, is determined by what the total weight is and the type of fish you caught. When fishing, you can see what you catch - as shown below:

Fishing from a boat yields much greater profit due to being able to hold a greater weight of fish. However, you do need to own/be on a boat.
  • Are there any rules regarding fishing?
    Yes - When fishing from the pier, it is against the server rules to /fish from a vehicle.
  • Can I be robbed at the Fishing Pier?
    No, a player can not rob you as it is a safe zone therefore you cannot commit any crimes, but once you leave the remote area you're prone to being robbed.
  • Can I give my fish to other players?
    No, unfortunately you cannot give other players your fish.
I read your post that is old you write in 2013 that represent you have great information about jobs of fishing and you are old in this field so kindly help me to find jobs related to fishing in 2019 i like fishing but unable to find any job. You are great opportunity for me. I know you can help me to find jobs for fishing i have 1 year experience of fishing on my own base. I have all the equipment for fishing i have also hobies cat 16''
solo canoe that is lightweight canoe i bought specially for fishing.
Fishing is my art and hobby i want to change it into profession i know that any body can do only those work in which they have interest . It was old post if you are still avail on this forum help to find job or training camp for become fishing expert.
any other can help me to learn all fishing rules.
I have great crush i have play many fishing games in which i done all task that you list above.

Return to “Official Guides”