Q&A: Account Rules

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Aviel

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Hater. » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:08 am

Zupps wrote:So I'm moving soon, and of course my ip will change. What happens if I get a banned IP for some odd reason?
You probably wouldn't be banned if its a one time thing, in my country we often get banned IPs but I it is known so people who gets banned wrongfully gets unbanned.

toodl
Gangster
Gangster

Post by toodl » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:59 am

Garrity wrote:
toodl wrote:But the actual writer, can they be banned in game for this?

It just feels kind of weird because in theory someone who doesn't even play LSRP could write applications for people (for money or something likely). But they couldn't be banned, because how do you ban someone who doesn't even play?

That's why it feels weird because it's more of an off-site issue in regards to the writer. Why should someone who plays LSRP be punished when at the same time someone who doesn't play LSRP can do this without a punishment.

Also the fact it's a UCP thing/A rule rather than an IG rule. It's like banning someone from IRC for breaking a TS rule.
Stop trying to rationalize it and make sense of it, it's not allowed full stop. If you post about this again you'll be warned.
Mate I'm just confused as to how the punishment process works. No need to be an aashole

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm not being an asshole, it's the way you're expressing it isn't right. We deal with people who break these rules.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

toodl
Gangster
Gangster

Post by toodl » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Garrity wrote:I'm not being an asshole, it's the way you're expressing it isn't right. We deal with people who break these rules.
I'm not trying to cause an offense. I just don't get how you can be punished for doing something completely outside of the server. Imagine this:

There is another server that has copied many things from LSRP including its rules and UCP. Someone on a website offers me $10 to write their application for the server. Then they get banned or for some reason decide to use what I wrote to apply to LSRP and they get in.

Through one way or another this ends up being exposed. Do I get banned?

If I do that's basically LSRP dictating what I can and can't do, outside of the server, with my own life, for things that aren't owned by LSRP (other servers).

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:29 pm

If a situation like that ever comes up, we will deal with it appropriately when the case arises. I understand your concern but until that situation happens we will make justified and decisions that are rational. As always you can PM the head of testers / head of staff as needed if you feel a decision is incorrect or not justified.
Game Administrator

Keanu_Petrosyan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Keanu_Petrosyan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 am

My step brother is looking to join LSRP, I'm a little unsure whether two people are allowed to be online with the same ip at once? Am I right in thinking each house hold is allowed to have multiple players, they just need to have thier own UCP accounts etc?

VEXED666
KILLER FROM THE EAST
KILLER FROM THE EAST

Post by VEXED666 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Keanu_Petrosyan wrote:My step brother is looking to join LSRP, I'm a little unsure whether two people are allowed to be online with the same ip at once? Am I right in thinking each house hold is allowed to have multiple players, they just need to have thier own UCP accounts etc?
Yeah, they need their own UCP account, if either one of you gets banned you will both be banned due to the same IP.

basemode

Post by basemode » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:45 am

VEXED666 wrote:
Keanu_Petrosyan wrote:My step brother is looking to join LSRP, I'm a little unsure whether two people are allowed to be online with the same ip at once? Am I right in thinking each house hold is allowed to have multiple players, they just need to have thier own UCP accounts etc?
Yeah, they need their own UCP account, if either one of you gets banned you will both be banned due to the same IP.
Thank you for answer.

FUCKER!
Civilian
Civilian

Post by FUCKER! » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:00 am

Buying things like accounts is very serious but I wanted to know what the policy is when its someone who hasnt joined yet and doesnt know the rules. Because some people come from other games where its normal to buy things for real money, and if they never used the registration page they never wrote "I accept" and shit into the agreements.

In other words will the punishment be lighter if someones attempts or successfully buys an account, but they've never played LSRP before
There is no way for you to return back to LS-RP, through a regular process or through probation, now, or in the future. You are permanently banned and are not eligible for an unban, as any and all other people involved in the LS-RP trade market websites.

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:37 am

@"Fucker!", It goes without saying it is common sense that you don't buy accounts. If you think otherwise I am concerned. As for the "never signed the agreement" theory, playing on LS:RP is a privalige, not a right and we do retain the right to ban people for lacking common sense by buying accounts in order to get an advantage above those who have started from scratch to build up their account levels. We won't be having a conversation about legality and unfairness, people should use their head in the place that buying accounts is a no no.

So to sum it up, no it wont be lighter and the length of the ban is up to the handling admin and that won't change.
Game Administrator

FUCKER!
Civilian
Civilian

Post by FUCKER! » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Garrity wrote:@"Fucker!", It goes without saying it is common sense that you don't buy accounts. If you think otherwise I am concerned. As for the "never signed the agreement" theory, playing on LS:RP is a privalige, not a right and we do retain the right to ban people for lacking common sense by buying accounts in order to get an advantage above those who have started from scratch to build up their account levels. We won't be having a conversation about legality and unfairness, people should use their head in the place that buying accounts is a no no.

So to sum it up, no it wont be lighter and the length of the ban is up to the handling admin and that won't change.
Yeah but the usual punishment from what Ive seen on others is permanent ban without ever even getting a chance for probation.

It is not common sense, these days a lot of people are not coming from other SAMP servers but actually other games entirely where stuff like this is common practice. In fact even some other SAMP servers like PLA and previously NGG allowed this to happen.

What if the supposed new player is being introduced into the game by someone who encourages them to buy such things? They may think it is actually permitted because their guide is telling them to.

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:14 pm

If you're going to join a server, you should read the rules first. I'm not sure how you've joined games before but reading the rules before purchasing anything would be common sense.

This is genuinely common sense, I can't see a justification for buying an account before not reading the rules, that's completely illogical.
Game Administrator

FUCKER!
Civilian
Civilian

Post by FUCKER! » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:45 pm

Is there any rules against selling donations for real money?

There is people who have x amount of dollars per month on their phone contract that their parents pay and for example they can buy gold donation with daopay for someone, but the person getting the donation just pays the guy with the phone $10.

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:16 pm

You shouldn't be selling anything in regard to LS:RP.

If you do have the issue where DoaPay does not work, make a Paypal account and have your friend give you $10 through there, then you can give him the 10 dollars back, if that's what you mean.

Or if you don't have Paypal, your friend can pay for the donator on DoaPay and give you the code to give you the donator, and you can then pay your friend the 10 dollars back.
Game Administrator

FUCKER!
Civilian
Civilian

Post by FUCKER! » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Garrity wrote:You shouldn't be selling anything in regard to LS:RP.

If you do have the issue where DoaPay does not work, make a Paypal account and have your friend give you $10 through there, then you can give him the 10 dollars back, if that's what you mean.

Or if you don't have Paypal, your friend can pay for the donator on DoaPay and give you the code to give you the donator, and you can then pay your friend the 10 dollars back.
No what I mean is some people have a set amount of money on their phone contracts every month that they don't need like $40. So sometimes they use it to buy donatorship for people in exchange for some money on paypal which is less than the true cost of the donatorship.

The person buying the donation uses money on their phone they dont need.

The person paying them spends less money than donator costs on the UCP.

Everybody wins in a way, is there a problem though?

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”