Q&A: Account Rules

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:15 am

Use this thread to post any questions, comments, suggestions or ideas about the Account Rules.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by dzgapaan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:39 pm

What if I change my IP for some other reason and not for a ban? For example, I've changed IP before because I could not log in on my university page, lately ISP found out that it was just the website fault and not theirs. However, if I am not wrong they changed my IP. Also I have two houses. I log on forums from different IP's sometimes. What are the rules about it? I mean, let's say I have to change my IP or I have to move to new house. Should I inform Administration team?
Last edited by dzgapaan on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:42 pm

dzgapaan wrote:I mean, let's say I have to change my IP. Should I inform Administration team?
No, you don't need to inform us whenever your IP changes. As long as you follow the rules listed here you'll be okay.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by dzgapaan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:43 pm

Conspiracy wrote:
dzgapaan wrote:I mean, let's say I have to change my IP. Should I inform Administration team?
No, you don't need to inform us whenever your IP changes. As long as you follow the rules listed here you'll be okay.
Let's say I changed my IP. Then someone else who also plays LS-RP started living at my place. He gets banned. It means I automatically get banned as well? No? I am not going to new house yet, but just making sure so if ever need then I'll be ready.

TisWaldo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Satoshi Nakamoto

Post by TisWaldo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 pm

I have two businesses, my friend holds one. Did I need to ask permission for him to hold it OOC? Also if I want to get it back and move it on my alt, do I need to request permission?

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 pm

@ dzgapaan

If we find you're in violation of the Account Rules, yes, you will be banned. We didn't really change anything technical in these rules by the way, just cosmetics — I don't know why you're worried all of a sudden. ;d

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by dzgapaan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Is there any official boundaries of OOC transfer? For example, some admins won't let you to transfer more than ehm.. 100k. Some admins will let you to transfer even 500 grands. Are there any limitations or it's just up to administrator's kind wish?

GTAIVCode3
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Aleah Mirand

Post by GTAIVCode3 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:04 am

dzgapaan wrote:Is there any official boundaries of OOC transfer? For example, some admins won't let you to transfer more than ehm.. 100k. Some admins will let you to transfer even 500 grands. Are there any limitations or it's just up to administrator's kind wish?
I would assume it would depend on the reason for the transfer.

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 am

GTAIVCode3 wrote:
dzgapaan wrote:Is there any official boundaries of OOC transfer? For example, some admins won't let you to transfer more than ehm.. 100k. Some admins will let you to transfer even 500 grands. Are there any limitations or it's just up to administrator's kind wish?
I would assume it would depend on the reason for the transfer.
Yep, every situation's different, and there many other factors we take into consideration before granting/denying a transfer request. If you want to transfer something, just use /re and we'lll gladly tell you if you'll allowed to.

Mopey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Mopey » Wed May 20, 2015 12:31 am

(Not sure if this should be in In-Game rules or this thread)

Is there any rule regarding information exchange between two characters, if the SAME person controls both of them?
As in, one character working for another, or under another, or being related to the other, something of the sort?

I think there used to be a rule against this sort of thing last time I asked (long time ago) but maybe it's changed.

Giving an example, say I'm a high-end mob boss in some mafia, running all kinds of rackets and deals, controlling my crew and giving out orders.
At the same time I roleplay this boss's "brother" who works in the same organization carrying out its dirty work, extortion, murder, etc.

Is there any rule against having two characters like this in the same faction?

What about if they are in two separate factions (unofficial ones) but still actively engaged with one another?

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Wed May 20, 2015 12:40 am

It's simple. If you're caught "roleplaying" exchange of information that didn't really happen in-game, the punishment is usually admin-jail or ban for mixing IC with OOC. It falls under the metagaming rule. For example, "roleplaying" that your sister (alt) told your brother (main) that she was robbed by someone, etc. You get the picture.

If you're gonna roleplay two relatives, stick by the rules.

Mopey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Mopey » Wed May 20, 2015 9:02 am

Conspiracy wrote:
It's simple. If you're caught "roleplaying" exchange of information that didn't really happen in-game, the punishment is usually admin-jail or ban for mixing IC with OOC. It falls under the metagaming rule. For example, "roleplaying" that your sister (alt) told your brother (main) that she was robbed by someone, etc. You get the picture.

If you're gonna roleplay two relatives, stick by the rules.
Alright so only information exchange that happened In Game happened, other than that it's fine to have related characters.

Trying to stick by the rules, hence I asked the question.

Wilde.
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Wilde. » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:23 pm

i accidentally logged in to my forum and ucp account at college, and i know some people there who play ls-rp (i told them to not log in) but im just a bit worried if someone does and i get my ass /ban'd

Earling

Post by Earling » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:35 am

Writing applications or creating accounts for players who are willing to pay you money.
Can you write the IC parts of a PD/SD/Gov applications for IC money if it is all agreed IG and not MGed? Like if someone pays me $1,000,000 can I write their PQE, PAT etc

Tomsc
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: He who controls the pants

Post by Tomsc » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:14 am

Nope, that is not allowed as well. Those are to be done by those who apply for the said position.
ImageImage

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”