Q&A: Forum Rules

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Q&A: Forum Rules

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:14 am

Use this thread to post any questions, comments, suggestions or ideas about the Forum Rules.

Dimerz
Gangster
Gangster

Re: Q&A: Forum Rules

Post by Dimerz » Sat May 30, 2015 2:34 am

Is my avatar fine or is it classed as inappropriate?

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sat May 30, 2015 2:56 am

Dimerz wrote:Is my avatar fine or is it classed as inappropriate?
If you have doubts about your avatar, just don't use it. We don't give out yes/no's for these. If you want to risk getting warned/banned over an avatar that can be interpreted by some as inappropriate, go ahead, but I won't give you a yes.

Grandmaster Astro
Over 9000
Over 9000
Ingame name: Yeet

Post by Grandmaster Astro » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Why was I warned for this post? http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6#p5849546

This is not spamming.
Randal Johnson - Ex-Superintendent of Los Santos High School.
Tavien Simmons - Ex-FD Lieutenant; Ex-SADOC; Boxing Instructor.
Wanderlei Knyphausen - Tophat Man.

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:30 pm

Astro_Trillz wrote:Why was I warned for this post? http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6#p5849546

This is not spamming.
These topics are for questions and answers related to the rules, not "Why did I get punished for X by Y?". If you believe a staff member did something wrong, you know what to do, it's explained in Report Player. You better re-read the Suggestion section's rules before doing anything though, the warning you were given is legit.

MattyLis
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MattyLis » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:25 pm

What about plagiarism? Are we allowed to steal threads and graphics from other servers/from other people within the community, without giving the people we stole it from credit and without their permission?

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:44 pm

MattyLis wrote:What about plagiarism? Are we allowed to steal threads and graphics from other servers/from other people within the community, without giving the people we stole it from credit and without their permission?
#1 here: http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=103830. As for other sections — if something's discovered to be plagiarized and gets reported, it's up to the discretion of the staff.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by dzgapaan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:02 pm

No posting of copyrighted material such as games and movies.
Is not this non-sense for a gaming community where 70 percent of players have pirate versions of GTA SA and SAMP itself is pirated (unofficial) MP version that allows cracked versions of GTA SA? Why are we strictly forbidding other unofficial games and movies? Can this part be re-looked?

Tomsc
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: He who controls the pants

Post by Tomsc » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:15 pm

No one is going to crawl in your game and inspect what copy of a game you have and then report you to whatever entity out there. That's on you. However piracy is against the law and LS:RP does not support it. Simple as that, no need to go deeper in it. It won't be changed and I suggest you to follow this rule. People can get in a lot of trouble on these boards by breaking this rule.
ImageImage

drummerladd
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by drummerladd » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:45 pm

dzgapaan wrote:
No posting of copyrighted material such as games and movies.
Is not this non-sense for a gaming community where 70 percent of players have pirate versions of GTA SA and SAMP itself is pirated (unofficial) MP version that allows cracked versions of GTA SA? Why are we strictly forbidding other unofficial games and movies? Can this part be re-looked?
You can partake in the illicit downloading and sharing of copyrighted material in your own private methods. We're not condoning such illegal activities on the forum.
"Everyone's character needs to be billy badass with balls the size of blimps.
You aren't your character. You character losing does not make you a bitch in reality.
What makes you a bitch in reality is acting like one after losing." - Timofei_Bashkirov 2015
Retired level 3 admin

Deputy Small
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Kay and Hannah Conerly

Post by Deputy Small » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:28 pm

How exactly do we check if our signature is the right size?
Retired Police Officer III Kayleigh Conerly

Media Relations and Community Affairs Division (MRCAD) - Public Information Officer
Uniformed Service Division (USD) - Gang Enforcement Detail
Air Support Division (ASD) - Pilot
Canine Platoon (K-9) - Canine Officer

K-9 Riggs
Battalion Chief Hannah Coronerly

State of San Andreas Legislature Branch (State Senate) - Officer of the Senate Liaison Office
Head of Part Time
Medical Examiners Division Commander (MED) - Chief Medical Examiner
Air Operations Division (AOD) - Rescue Flight Captain

Skalleper
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Skalleper » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Deputy Small wrote:How exactly do we check if our signature is the right size?
Yours is too big. Either use a program like Lightshot that can measure pixels or a browser extension like Page Ruler to Google Chrome.

Plenty of more ways but I use the ones above.

Skalleper wrote:Resigned. Can't find time enough for LS-RP, might be back one day.

Darius94
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Darius94 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:36 pm

I've recently seen and figured out there is a big issue with the non-english section made-up rules by the foreign moderators which most of the time result in a warn that should not be handed out for breaking a rule that not even exist. The foreign mods tend to create new rules for which they do set certain punishment (warn most of the time) for something that's not even stated in our official rule book. An example would be like warning people (an actual warn) for speaking english in a non-english section or posting in another non-english section you do not belong to. Those rules are nothing but balant rules put in place by its certian foreign mod section. All those rules should be approved beforehand as they actually do nothing but hand out warnings for something you did not actually break as the rules are not valid, approved nor put in place by our official LS:RP Management Team.

I do understand the forgein mods are just trying to mentain the things on track, but warning people for posting an harmless post in english shouldn't be something punishable by warn as it's not an official rule. I used to do this before when I was a forgein mod but just figured out that's not right.
Retired LS:RP Tester

Community Thread

Centrino
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Kai Hollihan

Post by Centrino » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:01 am

People who speak a foreign language in the English sections also get warned.

Darius94
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Darius94 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:05 pm

Centrino wrote:People who speak a foreign language in the English sections also get warned.
Because the main board is for english only. Is so any kind of language abuse to be prevented.
Retired LS:RP Tester

Community Thread

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”