Q&A: Teamspeak Rules

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Bora!
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jeffrey Walters

Re: Q&A: Teamspeak Rules

Post by Bora! » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:08 pm

So you answered a phone, and kept talking over the said phone. Interesting. If only there was a way to trace phone numbers and locate their subsequent locations. (This was not meant to be passive aggressive, but was written simply to point out a possibility)
Absent.

Redz
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Ingame name: -

Post by Redz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:06 am

Dalek wrote:
Conspiracy wrote:
Nah, Tyler, it's not that you're not allowed to speak about it, lol, it's just that you're misinformed on how things actually work around here. Most, if not all of the things you've said are simply incorrect.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pQcn2L65J0[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QznycHXY-Ek[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL3ZXGbSMMc[/video]

Here's my suggestion, either let everyone use OOC communication, or don't let anyone use OOC communication at all, it's as simple as that. The police have UNLIMITED resources at their hand, whether it be guns, vehicles, the 911 radio channel, and channel between different departments, you name it. The last thing they need is OOC communication, because all they do is abuse it, and when they do get caught out on it or reported, fuck all happens. I don't give a shit what any of you white knights say, it does happen, it has happened, and you cannot deny that.

I will give a few examples of where this has happened.

Both me and my friend were unmasked, a police officer was coming after me, so I parked my car. My friend got out, and insta headshotted the police officer, he was then dead. I then drove off, and that was it. 10 Minutes later, I have a police officer after me, the next thing I know there are 15 police cars after me, even the blue SWAT armoured car, and that never happens. Despite the fact the police officer was shot and killed giving me no time at all realistically to call for backup, it was a solid sign of him doing MG over Teamspeak. Because who the fuck sends 16 police cars after one guy doing a pursuit?

The other situation, was when I ran a police officer over, I then communicated with another police officer via his phone outside, the police officer just so happens to find out where the guy was on the ground, and also JUST SO HAPPENS to have 5 other police cars right round the corner... Despite the fact I never gave away my location. It was just solid MG. Infact, here's the video to prove it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcM_7ck ... age#t=3288
Just a few words for you, dash cam footage was checked. But just to let you know why bash on PD/SD when not knowing exactly how the system works? I've been in both and there was never a time I witnessed anyone abusing TS or using it in any form or fashion they shouldn't use it in. And me personal even though I have a mic I rarely speak on ts when on duty, only time you hear my voice is when I have to update in situations. So stop just ranting about how things go. You also mentioned in the beginning if they have OOC communication everyone should. So when you are on TS don't you have OOC Communication? Yes you do, but it is how you use it. Not our fault you guys use TS to incite MG.

WhiteShadow
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Alexander_Darnell

Post by WhiteShadow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:17 am

Dalek wrote:
Conspiracy wrote:
Nah, Tyler, it's not that you're not allowed to speak about it, lol, it's just that you're misinformed on how things actually work around here. Most, if not all of the things you've said are simply incorrect.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pQcn2L65J0[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QznycHXY-Ek[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL3ZXGbSMMc[/video]

Here's my suggestion, either let everyone use OOC communication, or don't let anyone use OOC communication at all, it's as simple as that. The police have UNLIMITED resources at their hand, whether it be guns, vehicles, the 911 radio channel, and channel between different departments, you name it. The last thing they need is OOC communication, because all they do is abuse it, and when they do get caught out on it or reported, fuck all happens. I don't give a shit what any of you white knights say, it does happen, it has happened, and you cannot deny that.

I will give a few examples of where this has happened.

Both me and my friend were unmasked, a police officer was coming after me, so I parked my car. My friend got out, and insta headshotted the police officer, he was then dead. I then drove off, and that was it. 10 Minutes later, I have a police officer after me, the next thing I know there are 15 police cars after me, even the blue SWAT armoured car, and that never happens. Despite the fact the police officer was shot and killed giving me no time at all realistically to call for backup, it was a solid sign of him doing MG over Teamspeak. Because who the fuck sends 16 police cars after one guy doing a pursuit?

The other situation, was when I ran a police officer over, I then communicated with another police officer via his phone outside, the police officer just so happens to find out where the guy was on the ground, and also JUST SO HAPPENS to have 5 other police cars right round the corner... Despite the fact I never gave away my location. It was just solid MG. Infact, here's the video to prove it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcM_7ck ... age#t=3288
Wow, pretty misinformed. Simple answer for me to give you is: There are too many random variables when it comes to letting other use Teamspeak. You can't control and have specific rules and guidelines for those roleplaying in-game using Teamspeak for regular players. As for PD/SD? There are nearly always supervisors on and listening, not to mention P-IIIs/D-IIs (Senior Officers) will defiantly tell someone to knock shit off if they're metagaming over Teamspeak. Even the lower ranks would.

While it may seem hypocritical to tell you not to let a few officers who did metagame on TS to ruin the whole bunch, I can't say the same for others in LSRP. You simply can't control all those people, the entire LSRP community because the misuse will become way too common. Remember LSRP has a bit over 1000 active players on it's community (estimate) with perhaps 2-3 different character names on each of those accounts. While in PD/SD where there's about 200 members each, they have rules and guidelines for this and breaking them puts people in jeopardy of being booted for meta gaming because, yes, they get found out pretty quickly.

Not to mention, in my opinion, I can't really see what teamspeak's use is to civilians/gangs. I don't think gangs are going to go all special forces and pull out radios and give by the book tactical plans that PD/SD would be expected to do on a realistic level. Like really, there's not much use for them to use it, how much do you possibly have to say on /r?
WhiteShadow

Alexander Darnell - Retired Police Captain I
Jay Norman - Retired Master Thief
Ex-Senior Forum Moderator
Image Ex-Head of Other Games Mods

Retired from the LS:RP Staff Team
Left the Server/Community
"No matter how hard you try at doing the right thing or the good thing you’ll always end up with people hating you for a stupid reason."

Mood
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: My Intro Post

Post by Mood » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:05 pm

About the latest discussion on PD/SD having unfair advantage over TS3...

PD/SD have guidelines and rules which enforce preventing of incitement (or even actual) Metagaming over TS3. Cops on the server, have rules to use TS3 only in emergency situations, as far as I remember when I were a cop on the server. For whole 18 months.

There are times indeed that you get overwhelmed and you use TS3 more than required, but cops usually use TS3 to communicate for fun - like every other person does with their friends. Right now, I'm RPing on DOC - I use TS3 and sometimes we discuss random stuff over TS3 with other DOC players, but it's anything from actually what we're doing ICly. DOC is using strictly /r for everything, except of Community Services and some special occassions in sub-units (CERT, POU).

PD/SD/SADOC, use TS3 for emergency. IRL Officers and Deputies have frequency for their unit only, especially if they're partnered. That means, officers use this frequency to talk to eachother if they're in distance (thus how TS3 is excused when two officers are in distance and they are in emergency = the "emergency" rule applies and they use TS3).

I've seen various Officers & Deputies getting warned or even suspended for MGing over TS3, yet I've seen less gangsters & outlaw players getting banned, ajailed or kicked out of their outlaw faction for MGing over TS3 or Skype. I've been on cop Roleplay more than I am on illegal, yet I've noticed that MG over Skype/TS3 is bigger when you're RPing an outlaw player.

Reason is simple: Accusing cops on the server from MGing is easier. But accusing a player who roleplays illegal is harder. Cause they're all gonna be like "Cops MG, so we do as well". You don't understand, that cops have regulations - rules and other things to abide with. Illegal RPers don't. Thus why cops are more strict on using TS3, which Illegal RPers are not, thus why accusing cops is easier.

I don't say that any side is wrong or right, because we can't give such label. But all I can say, is that legal RPers have regulations on using TS3, and they get punished for misusing them, if caught by Supervisors & Senior Officers/Deputies.

Illegal RPers do get punished from their Senior members into their faction?

Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Aviel

Post by Hater. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:20 am

Mood wrote:About the latest discussion on PD/SD having unfair advantage over TS3...

PD/SD have guidelines and rules which enforce preventing of incitement (or even actual) Metagaming over TS3. Cops on the server, have rules to use TS3 only in emergency situations, as far as I remember when I were a cop on the server. For whole 18 months.

There are times indeed that you get overwhelmed and you use TS3 more than required, but cops usually use TS3 to communicate for fun - like every other person does with their friends. Right now, I'm RPing on DOC - I use TS3 and sometimes we discuss random stuff over TS3 with other DOC players, but it's anything from actually what we're doing ICly. DOC is using strictly /r for everything, except of Community Services and some special occassions in sub-units (CERT, POU).

PD/SD/SADOC, use TS3 for emergency. IRL Officers and Deputies have frequency for their unit only, especially if they're partnered. That means, officers use this frequency to talk to eachother if they're in distance (thus how TS3 is excused when two officers are in distance and they are in emergency = the "emergency" rule applies and they use TS3).

I've seen various Officers & Deputies getting warned or even suspended for MGing over TS3, yet I've seen less gangsters & outlaw players getting banned, ajailed or kicked out of their outlaw faction for MGing over TS3 or Skype. I've been on cop Roleplay more than I am on illegal, yet I've noticed that MG over Skype/TS3 is bigger when you're RPing an outlaw player.

Reason is simple: Accusing cops on the server from MGing is easier. But accusing a player who roleplays illegal is harder. Cause they're all gonna be like "Cops MG, so we do as well". You don't understand, that cops have regulations - rules and other things to abide with. Illegal RPers don't. Thus why cops are more strict on using TS3, which Illegal RPers are not, thus why accusing cops is easier.

I don't say that any side is wrong or right, because we can't give such label. But all I can say, is that legal RPers have regulations on using TS3, and they get punished for misusing them, if caught by Supervisors & Senior Officers/Deputies.

Illegal RPers do get punished from their Senior members into their faction?
For your question, yeah. Illegal factions do punish rule breaking members. Using any OOC method to communicate ICly is obviously porhibited. Cops are allowed to use TeamSpeak and it makes it much more easier for them to MG through it even by accident. I dont like that "emergency rule" you mentioned because in some situations a person wouldn't be able to reach for his radio but still they use TS and say that they did it because it was an emergency. In my opinion there should be a rule that when a police officer uses teamspeaks to communicate he must use an emote that shows that he's using his radio for communication. A simple bindable /ame above your head which allows us to know something that's obviously visible ICly.
Illegal roleplays and legal roleplays are treated the same for breaking the server's rules(metagaming). This line really disturbed me:
"Cops MG, so we do as well".
If someone breaks the server rules on you, it doesn't mean that you're allowed to be breaking the server rules on them. Any admin would simply /ajail any person saying such things.

I'd like to suggest a simple rule change for using TeamSpeak for IC communication and as I explained above is to force police officers to use an emote before they use TeamSpeak to call for backup / what-ever.
I can't stress how many times I've been in roleplay scenes when I RPed with police officers and suddenly a bunch of cruisers showed up without any notice even though I was close to the PO and if they'd transmit anything on the radio, I'd hear it and probably act differently. It'd also stop people from PGing when calling for backup over teamspeak... For example. Gangster aims an handgun to the police officer's head, telling him not to move or say a word. Then the police officer uses TeamSpeak and calls for backup using the emergency rule. The gangster has no idea that there are 10 cruisers heading towards him when he could simply shot the officer's head when he tried to transmit the radio or run etcetc...

So, Im suggesting that the police officer will have to wait for the right moment, using an emote that allows us to know that he's calling for backup using TS. Ofcourse, only when he's able to do it ICly.

/discuss

Redz
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Post by Redz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:51 am

I get where you are coming from, but if we as officers have to do it everyone should to. Just saying, and to be quite honest there's nothing wrong with it but it has it's con, the time it takes for the bind to type some suspects my abuse it to their ability and shoot us while typing the bind

LSRP Senior Game Admin

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:32 am

Redz wrote:I get where you are coming from, but if we as officers have to do it everyone should to. Just saying, and to be quite honest there's nothing wrong with it but it has it's con, the time it takes for the bind to type some suspects my abuse it to their ability and shoot us while typing the bind
A big majority of cops already use binds when pulling people over with /m (when they don't have a partner to do it instead). If they had to manually type it every time nobody would ever be pulled over. Binds are instant and take no time to type, they are one single keypress, so it can't be abused.
As for being under fire, is that not the point of taking cover before calling for backup?

Redz
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Post by Redz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:48 am

Ferdinand wrote:
Redz wrote:I get where you are coming from, but if we as officers have to do it everyone should to. Just saying, and to be quite honest there's nothing wrong with it but it has it's con, the time it takes for the bind to type some suspects my abuse it to their ability and shoot us while typing the bind
A big majority of cops already use binds when pulling people over with /m (when they don't have a partner to do it instead). If they had to manually type it every time nobody would ever be pulled over. Binds are instant and take no time to type, they are one single keypress, so it can't be abused.
As for being under fire, is that not the point of taking cover before calling for backup?
Yes it procedure to take cover, but as for some who see it fit to rambo it doesn't matter if we do. But let me make it clear I have no problem with the keybind being used, but if you want to force us to do it, EVERYONE should too.

LSRP Senior Game Admin

Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Hater. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:00 am

Redz wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
Yes it procedure to take cover, but as for some who see it fit to rambo it doesn't matter if we do. But let me make it clear I have no problem with the keybind being used, but if you want to force us to do it, EVERYONE should too.
It is adressed to PD/SD because you're the only ones allowed to use TS for IC communication.

Denis
Game Administrator
Game Administrator

Post by Denis » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:17 am

Conversations on TS3 are kept to minimum. It's being used only for situations such when you basically don't have the time to type. You can always report a peace officer if you think he was abusing or powergaming/metagaming. Nevertheless, I understand your concern. I also believe some people are abusing it or using it when they should not. Rules are being enforced within department and punishments will be given if such situation occurs.
Hater. wrote:Gangster aims an handgun to the police officer's head, telling him not to move or say a word. Then the police officer uses TeamSpeak and calls for backup using the emergency rule. The gangster has no idea that there are 10 cruisers heading towards him when he could simply shot the officer's head when he tried to transmit the radio or run etcetc...
I really doubt something like this has ever happened. If so, you can always report the given officer/deputy. Although, don't forget the fact that he could of called for a back-up way before you pointed your gun at him.

Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Hater. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:39 am

raketa wrote:Conversations on TS3 are kept to minimum. It's being used only for situations such when you basically don't have the time to type. You can always report a peace officer if you think he was abusing or powergaming/metagaming. Nevertheless, I understand your concern. I also believe some people are abusing it or using it when they should not. Rules are being enforced within department and punishments will be given if such situation occurs.
Hater. wrote:Gangster aims an handgun to the police officer's head, telling him not to move or say a word. Then the police officer uses TeamSpeak and calls for backup using the emergency rule. The gangster has no idea that there are 10 cruisers heading towards him when he could simply shot the officer's head when he tried to transmit the radio or run etcetc...
I really doubt something like this has ever happened. If so, you can always report the given officer/deputy. Although, don't forget the fact that he could of called for a back-up way before you pointed your gun at him.
I know that people are getting punishments for abusing it but its almost impossible for me to prove that someone abused TS. Im offering a way to reduce the MG/PG of rulebreaking officers who uses TS to communicate and let illegal roleplays know something that would be completly visible ICly. For example:
Lets say that I want to kidnap a PO just for the example. He's alone and I jump him now given the situation he might be able to call for backup but since he uses TS to do it, I'd continue to RP as if nothing happend because Im not aware of the fact that there are 10 cruisers heading my way when if I knew that he managed to call for backup(which is an obivous IC action) I'd probably evade already.

Denis
Game Administrator
Game Administrator

Post by Denis » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:44 am

I like your suggestion. It can work, but you need to elaborate it thoughtfully and suggest it at appropriate forums. Your suggestion will not be noticed and taken into consideration if it stays right here.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by dzgapaan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:15 am

Videos that were posted explains everything and it happens frequently, because I've been victim of that as well. However, it's good idea to use emote while speaking in TS, it will leave players informed IC/OOC. And yes, suggestion thread is right place for that!

BinaryRun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BinaryRun » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Hater. wrote:
raketa wrote:Conversations on TS3 are kept to minimum. It's being used only for situations such when you basically don't have the time to type. You can always report a peace officer if you think he was abusing or powergaming/metagaming. Nevertheless, I understand your concern. I also believe some people are abusing it or using it when they should not. Rules are being enforced within department and punishments will be given if such situation occurs.
I know that people are getting punishments for abusing it but its almost impossible for me to prove that someone abused TS. Im offering a way to reduce the MG/PG of rulebreaking officers who uses TS to communicate and let illegal roleplays know something that would be completly visible ICly. For example:
Lets say that I want to kidnap a PO just for the example. He's alone and I jump him now given the situation he might be able to call for backup but since he uses TS to do it, I'd continue to RP as if nothing happend because Im not aware of the fact that there are 10 cruisers heading my way when if I knew that he managed to call for backup(which is an obivous IC action) I'd probably evade already.
If you have a screenshot (with /servertime) of taking away his radio and then later on cruisers show up then notify the supervisor. He can check and verify the time of the screenshot with his transmission. If it turns out that the officer used the radio when he wasn't able too, then he will be punished for it and those responding to the backup request will leave and void their response.
Live a little!

Paumos
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Paumos » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 pm

What's the TS server address? Can't find it.

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”