Q&A: Business Rules

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Q&A: Business Rules

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:07 am

Use this thread to post any questions, comments, suggestions or ideas about the Business Rules.

Artak_Antonyan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Q&A: Business Rules

Post by Artak_Antonyan » Sat May 09, 2015 12:24 pm

I remember something about one not being allowed to hold more than one businesses at a time anymore, this to avoid stockpiling on businesses. However, with the new rules in place, I can't seem to find anything about this. Could you explain to me what the current rules say about this?

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sat May 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Artak_Antonyan wrote:I remember something about one not being allowed to hold more than one businesses at a time anymore, this to avoid stockpiling on businesses. However, with the new rules in place, I can't seem to find anything about this. Could you explain to me what the current rules say about this?
There was never a rule about this. You're probably thinking about the auction rules?

Artak_Antonyan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Artak_Antonyan » Sat May 09, 2015 9:54 pm

I have been told multiple times by staff members there was such rule in play and if I were to buy a second business, may it be on alts or not, I would have them removed eventually - not talking about property auctions in general. But thanks for clearing that up then.

damaz
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by damaz » Sat May 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Artak_Antonyan wrote:I have been told multiple times by staff members there was such rule in play and if I were to buy a second business, may it be on alts or not, I would have them removed eventually - not talking about property auctions in general. But thanks for clearing that up then.
It might get removed, if you aren't active on that character. You need to be active on the characters and I'm not just talking logging in-game to keep the business but I'm talking actively role-playing.
i was head of testers, head of factions and an in-game lead admin. i also led a faction called Beasley & Associates now i'm just that washed up swede

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sat May 09, 2015 9:58 pm

Yeah, what damaz said. The rules about business activity are pretty strict.

Artak_Antonyan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Artak_Antonyan » Sat May 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, Damaz and Conspiracy.
What about owning two businesses on one character?

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sat May 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Artak_Antonyan wrote:What about owning two businesses on one character?
That's not even possible script-wise.

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Post by Superb » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:33 am

damaz wrote:It might get removed, if you aren't active on that character. You need to be active on the characters and I'm not just talking logging in-game to keep the business but I'm talking actively role-playing.
Why do I need to be role-playing on the alt if I'm pretty active on the one that I own the business on ICly? I don't own two businesses but I would just like to know.

And of course opening both businesses.
Jerry Lance
Former Secretary of State
Loay Lorenzo
Lorenzo High-End Apartments, Downtown

Narc
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Narc » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:17 am

Because there is no such thing as ICly owning a business on your main that's held on to by your alt. Whoever's name is on the porch script-wise is the owner of the property. For as far as I know you can't even role-play your character knowing any of your other characters.
o/

Superb
Head of Companies

Post by Superb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:05 am

Narc wrote:Because there is no such thing as ICly owning a business on your main that's held on to by your alt. Whoever's name is on the porch script-wise is the owner of the property. For as far as I know you can't even role-play your character knowing any of your other characters.
There are many players RPing owning two businesses, and they hold the other business on an alt. Even approved by admins, so no..what I'm aware of that it's totally allowed, what am asking here is why do that player who is owning the two business RPly on one character needs to be active on his alt, I would like a confirmation from an admin. Thanks!
Jerry Lance
Loay Lorenzo

Narc
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Narc » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:51 am

Conspiracy wrote:
Ownership of properties is IC, not OOC
So when your alternative character owns a business you can't "ICly" own it on your other account. It's against the rules. That's why you need to be active on both characters in order to keep the business.
o/

Superb
Head of Companies

Post by Superb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Narc wrote:
Conspiracy wrote:
Ownership of properties is IC, not OOC
So when your alternative character owns a business you can't "ICly" own it on your other account. It's against the rules. That's why you need to be active on both characters in order to keep the business.
I'm sure that this is just to clarify the loaning rules, and that admins won't help in such situations, but still if someone wants to RP something..like renting cars for some people and he /v sell because the script doesn't allow it, it's allowed..however admins won't protect him if those people scammed him.
I still need a confirmation and explanation from an admin on my last post.
Jerry Lance
Loay Lorenzo

Adorn.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Adorn. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:31 am

loayshemeis wrote:
Narc wrote:Because there is no such thing as ICly owning a business on your main that's held on to by your alt. Whoever's name is on the porch script-wise is the owner of the property. For as far as I know you can't even role-play your character knowing any of your other characters.
There are many players RPing owning two businesses, and they hold the other business on an alt. Even approved by admins, so no..what I'm aware of that it's totally allowed, what am asking here is why do that player who is owning the two business RPly on one character needs to be active on his alt, I would like a confirmation from an admin. Thanks!
The business rules state that you must be active (not logged in wise but roleplaying wise) with your business in order for you to keep it.

That is why you need to be active on your alternative character; more so around the business.

Superb
Head of Companies

Post by Superb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:48 pm

The business rules state that you must be active (not logged in wise but roleplaying wise) with your business in order for you to keep it.

That is why you need to be active on your alternative character; more so around the business.
If I'm active around the two businesses with my main, but not my alt..would this be accepted? like just logging in on my alt to /lock.
Like for example having a club and a betting shop, opening the club for two to three times weekly by my main, but the business (club) being hold on alt.
Last edited by Superb on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry Lance
Loay Lorenzo

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”