Q&A: In-game Rules

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Aviel

Re: Q&A: In-game Rules

Post by Hater. » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:33 pm

PrettyKasztan wrote:If i'm BELOW level 5 and I get robbed in my house, can people rob my house too or they have to leave it alone because i'm below lvl 5?
They cant rob you or your house.

Junkie.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Junkie. » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Zupps wrote:You need to stop posting your opinion. They aren't helping people. It's only a matter if you get caught when stealing afk peoples cars
You do not know what are you talking about.
Vozim oldtajmera kroz američke prerije,
večno izdrogiran zato što sam genije! Jebi se!

Charlie Brown
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Charlie Brown » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Junkie. wrote:
Zupps wrote:You need to stop posting your opinion. They aren't helping people. It's only a matter if you get caught when stealing afk peoples cars
He's actually right. Stealing somebody's car while they're AFK is either powergaming or breaching the common courtesy rule.

Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Hater. » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Charlie Brown wrote:
Junkie. wrote:
He's actually right. Stealing somebody's car while they're AFK is either powergaming or breaching the common courtesy rule.
But at the same time:
Conspiracy wrote:You are allowed to be AFK (Away From Keyboard) for up to 10 minutes, provided you are not in a highly populated area or an area where people are likely to attempt to roleplay with you. AFK in public at own risk.

So once again, it depends on the circumstances and mostly the admin to decide.

Zupps
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: You already know

Post by Zupps » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:34 pm

Junkie. wrote:
Why don't you open your eyes, and read the post I responded that with. He says it depends if the person knows the admin basically. So yeah its an opinion. Admjns aren't supposed to take sides. Especially when rule breaking.

grapefruit
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by grapefruit » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:12 pm

If rival faction members are coming to where you roleplay with your faction ( no one of the factions own the turf OOCly )
and provoking by tagging over your wall tags and you find them doing this and some of them are showing attitude by admitting and saying they tagged over it all and laughing afterwards confrontrating the said player(s) at their 'hood' and they begin to spit on you -
Is that a valid reason to do a attack on the said faction?
Money makes your life easier. If you're lucky to have it, you're lucky.

Justice
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Justice » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Crokz wrote:If rival faction members are coming to where you roleplay with your faction ( no one of the factions own the turf OOCly )
and provoking by tagging over your wall tags and you find them doing this and some of them are showing attitude by admitting and saying they tagged over it all and laughing afterwards confrontrating the said player(s) at their 'hood' and they begin to spit on you -
Indeed it is.
cat lady

grapefruit
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by grapefruit » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Justice wrote:
Crokz wrote:If rival faction members are coming to where you roleplay with your faction ( no one of the factions own the turf OOCly )
Indeed it is.
Alright, any admin that can confirm this though or tester?
Money makes your life easier. If you're lucky to have it, you're lucky.

LegendaryKev
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Richard_Zampa

Post by LegendaryKev » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:03 am

So basically, I've asked through /helpme and I was told yes, but I'll bring it here for confirmation. A tester says it's not stated in the rules, therefore is allowed:

For say, you paid for 100k worth of drugs. With now-a-days, people want money, then you meet up and do the deal. Now let's say, I paid for the amount of drugs and we met up to do the deal. But it was a set up. Three vans hit a corner and surround the dealer, they take the $100,000 back they paid for(not his money), and the $500 on him, including the drugs. Would this be allowed? Similar to the Moltisanti deal where he paid two black men to carry out a hit, ended up killing them and taking the money back because they weren't needed. I want an administrator's response, so players refrain from answering me. Please and thank you!

Figured it was a bit realistic, and I thought I'd bring it here before I tried it in game. This post will be editing and removed once answered to refrain players from noticing and exploiting this if it's allowed.

Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Hater. » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:05 am

LegendaryKev wrote:So basically, I've asked through /helpme and I was told yes, but I'll bring it here for confirmation. A tester says it's not stated in the rules, therefore is allowed:

For say, you paid for 100k worth of drugs. With now-a-days, people want money, then you meet up and do the deal. Now let's say, I paid for the amount of drugs and we met up to do the deal. But it was a set up. Three vans hit a corner and surround the dealer, they take the $100,000 back they paid for(not his money), and the $500 on him, including the drugs. Would this be allowed? I want an administrator's response, so players refrain from answering me. Please and thank you!

Figured it was a bit realistic, and I thought I'd bring it here before I tried it in game. This post will be editing and removed once answered to refrain players from noticing and exploiting this if it's allowed.
Its considered a scam so its not possible because the scam limit is 50,000.

BabyBuffalo
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Marcus_Beasley

Post by BabyBuffalo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:30 am

Is it allowed for someone to, for example:
  • Run from the police, enter a house and then logout to change their skin before logging back in.
Had this happen to me, so if I had tried to follow them inside they wouldn't be there. I understand that changing their skin simulates them changing their clothes which is reasonable to do while inside of a house.

Would this fall under common courtesy if I were to immediately follow them inside and not find them there? It gives them an unfair advantage since they most likely respawn somewhere other than where they /q'd or force crashed due to how interiors work.

Former Police Detective II Brett Carson - Los Santos Police Department
Internal Affairs Investigator, Robbery Homicide Division Command, and Uniformed Services Division Command

“Remember, the police are neutral - they hate everybody.”
― J.G. Ballard, Millennium People

Buster
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Buster_Test

Post by Buster » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:31 am

BabyBuffalo wrote:Is it allowed for someone to, for example:
  • Run from the police, enter a house and then logout to change their skin before logging back in.
Had this happen to me, so if I had tried to follow them inside they wouldn't be there. I understand that changing their skin simulates them changing their clothes which is reasonable to do while inside of a house.

Would this fall under common courtesy if I were to immediately follow them inside and not find them there? It gives them an unfair advantage since they most likely respawn somewhere other than where they /q'd or force crashed due to how interiors work.
In my opinion, they shouldn't /q instantly when cops are chasing them. Unless they have a /ME first of the changing clothes etc(and a screenshot) I think then they can /q to change skin via the UCP, but still, not INSTANTLY.

There's the /changeclothes command in a house as well for a reason.
About me
Retired Admin

KendrickDuckworth
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Remove_Kebab

Post by KendrickDuckworth » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:43 pm

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQtUkfxDcSY[/video]
Fast forward to 8:43 why things like that are happening and no punishment is being given? Isn't it like ''Using Out Of Character information In Character (metagaming) is not allowed.? I mean it's clearly seen here that he just used his OOC ID to check on him?
SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A LEROY

GHawkins
Best Correctional Officer of 2012
Best Correctional Officer of 2012
Ingame name: Galen Hawkins

Post by GHawkins » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:32 pm

KendrickDuckworth wrote: Fast forward to 8:43 why things like that are happening and no punishment is being given? Isn't it like ''Using Out Of Character information In Character (metagaming) is not allowed.? I mean it's clearly seen here that he just used his OOC ID to check on him?
Not even twenty seconds later, he mentions why he does that:

Automatic license/number plate recognition is a thing in the United States. It's practically impossible to read license plates from 3rd person without having to adjust your camera (most likely resulting in you crashing into something) or going into first person (again, because of the way the SA engine is, not really practical).

I have no idea if the LSPD allows something like ALPR to be roleplayed, but I can understand the person here claims it because;
Public Executive Research Forum in 2012 wrote: PERF’s survey showed that 71 percent of responding agencies already have LPRs.
But typically, an agency has only a few vehicles equipped with the devices, and they are used for certain limited purposes, such as finding stolen cars or vehicles that have multiple parking violations and can be booted or towed.

But our survey found that almost every police agency expects to acquire or increase their use of LPRs in coming years, and that five years from now, on average they expect to have 25 percent of their cars equipped with LPRs.
Source, page 9

I think it'd be more appropriate to ask a high ranking member of the LSPD about the use of Automatic License Plate Readers rather than accuse someone of metagaming while they provide a decent and plausible explanation why they do what they do.
Deputy Warden Galen Hawkins (Former Commissioner)
San Andreas Department of Corrections

Michaelsj
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Michaelsj » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:25 am

GHawkins wrote:
KendrickDuckworth wrote: Fast forward to 8:43 why things like that are happening and no punishment is being given? Isn't it like ''Using Out Of Character information In Character (metagaming) is not allowed.? I mean it's clearly seen here that he just used his OOC ID to check on him?
Not even twenty seconds later, he mentions why he does that:

Automatic license/number plate recognition is a thing in the United States. It's practically impossible to read license plates from 3rd person without having to adjust your camera (most likely resulting in you crashing into something) or going into first person (again, because of the way the SA engine is, not really practical).

I have no idea if the LSPD allows something like ALPR to be roleplayed, but I can understand the person here claims it because;
Public Executive Research Forum in 2012 wrote: PERF’s survey showed that 71 percent of responding agencies already have LPRs.
But typically, an agency has only a few vehicles equipped with the devices, and they are used for certain limited purposes, such as finding stolen cars or vehicles that have multiple parking violations and can be booted or towed.

But our survey found that almost every police agency expects to acquire or increase their use of LPRs in coming years, and that five years from now, on average they expect to have 25 percent of their cars equipped with LPRs.
Source, page 9

I think it'd be more appropriate to ask a high ranking member of the LSPD about the use of Automatic License Plate Readers rather than accuse someone of metagaming while they provide a decent and plausible explanation why they do what they do.
What you put is what I was going to say.

Officers have to do it because SAMP makes it impractical.

But really the only officers that should be doing this are like the source said, a small percentage for specific reasons.

In LSRP the officers seem to take the parts that suit them and not the parts that don't.

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”