/check Keybind Spam Prevention

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

David Wolf
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: David Wolf

/check Keybind Spam Prevention

Post by David Wolf » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:38 am

/check should only be able to be used once every *insert your favorite number here* seconds, just like animations. It would prevent key-binders from running around inside a house. The number two seems to do well.
Last edited by David Wolf on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spoiler: show

Kendrick_Underwood
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: Anti-Check Spam

Post by Kendrick_Underwood » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:33 pm

Can't see any real draw backs to this. Stops people from sprinting around a property spamming binds.

Kurdii
The Professional
The Professional

Post by Kurdii » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:26 am

To be fair, the /check spot should be in RP places like next to a closet or a cabinet, but most of the times it's not next to anything. So I'll have to say this is a bad idea.
I'm dat nilla

Airwolf
The Firefighter
The Firefighter
Ingame name: Kevin_Alterlis

Post by Airwolf » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm going to disagree with this as well. It happens often that SASD/LSPD is searching houses through the means of roleplay and if we don't know where the OOC /check spot is we've to find it out somehow, having to wait for five seconds will just slow the progress so much that we'll eventually have to spend 20 minutes or longer just searching for the /check while it might be in the middle of the room near no furniture or in the air what often happens as well.

I can't tell anything from the criminal side on this point of view but I'm pretty sure they run into the same problem.

David Wolf
Mafia
Mafia

Post by David Wolf » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:20 pm

Airwolf wrote:I'm going to disagree with this as well. It happens often that SASD/LSPD is searching houses through the means of roleplay and if we don't know where the OOC /check spot is we've to find it out somehow, having to wait for five seconds will just slow the progress so much that we'll eventually have to spend 20 minutes or longer just searching for the /check while it might be in the middle of the room near no furniture or in the air what often happens as well.

I can't tell anything from the criminal side on this point of view but I'm pretty sure they run into the same problem.

I don't know if this is alot, but I've never played on the LAW ENFORCEMENT or CRIMINAL side. I do have a feeling that the law enforcement doesn't use it nearly as much as the criminal side.

Now, the delay time limit I first called for is five second. I edited the first post so people don't get focused on the number of seconds the delay is. Maybe five seconds doesn't fit the server, this doesn't mean we need to completely throw-out the suggestion. After testing out five seconds in-game, I do find it to be a little much. Maybe something like two seconds would be best. Below will be a chart.

5 seconds - 12 /checks/min
4 seconds - 15 /checks/min
3 seconds - 20 /checks/min
2 seconds - 30 /checks/min
1 second - 60 /checks/min

Here is example of a video with keybinded /check spam at 100 ms after I made a random /setcmd.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B963IeP2Fg&feature=youtu.be[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B963Ie ... e=youtu.be

We really need multi-able /setcmds in a house, which would make it so much better, but I think it has been suggested before. Also I'm pretty sure it is against the rules to keybind /check because it gives you a unfair advantage anyways, so a two second. If you need to /check 200 different spots (that is alot by the way) it would take three minutes. That seems very reasonable, and it about the same people you would /check without keybinding.

Airwolf, thanks for the feedback, I have changed up the suggestions a little bit. It now is focused on preventing "Keybind Spamming" for /check as show in the video. I'll be making a second video showing what a two second delay would be like. All the commands in the follow video would be valid.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j176pOM7FBQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j176pOM ... e=youtu.be

If the admins, and other players don't care about someone /check keybind spamming, then we have no problem here in the first place. I heard a few times that people didn't like people doing this, I don't care myself UNLESS I'm online.

If this viewtopic.php?f=4&t=472239 comes out anytime soon and we have safes to store like three or so guns, then this whole suggestion isn't even needed. So maybe it might be better just to wait it out. Of course, someone could also just /v park there guns.

Oaks.
Game Administrator

Re: /check Keybind Spam Prevention

Post by Oaks. » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm going to support this greatly, no offense to LEO or Criminal factions but so what if you have to wait 5 seconds? It'll give you more time to write /me's out searching in the specific area. It'd also stop the new members within the server /check spam abuse.

Kendrick_Underwood
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Kendrick_Underwood » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Oaks. wrote:I'm going to support this greatly, no offense to LEO or Criminal factions but so what if you have to wait 5 seconds? It'll give you more time to write /me's out searching in the specific area. It'd also stop the new members within the server /check spam abuse.

Admins should be harsher on people placing their command spots in stupid places too.

David Wolf
Mafia
Mafia

Post by David Wolf » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:48 pm

Properties are gonna change and we will now have safes to store a few items. This suggestion isn't really needed anymore.

If a property has a safe then the thief would have to locate the safe and crack it open in order to rob it of its money and weapons. (Only one safe is allowed per property - Damian

Vioxini
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Patrick_Eastwood

Post by Vioxini » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:16 pm

I am not supporting. But I don't do it because I am currently on the Law Enforcement Officer side, but because most owner of houses abuse of the /cmdspot as it has been said.
I have tried doing a non-external spam (just enter+uparrow) and it was hardly impossible because people set the spot at a corner when giving a leap, which places the scriptwise point somewhere impossible to find. I would choose instead a system to discover the point if you have LEO faction or thief job or with admin permission, much better.

I don't know how it is going to work the new system, but maybe the safe box is just for money, I don't know. If it is for both, I won't see the problem once it is updated.

Paddy
Game Administrator
Ingame name: Marcel_Patrick

Post by Paddy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:11 pm

David Wolf wrote:Properties are gonna change and we will now have safes to store a few items. This suggestion isn't really needed anymore.

If a property has a safe then the thief would have to locate the safe and crack it open in order to rob it of its money and weapons. (Only one safe is allowed per property - Damian

This is on the assumption that /check would be wiped out and this be put in it's place. It is however possible that these commands could be in simultaneously.

Personally I do not believe that law enforcement or criminals abuse /check, but I also don't believe that silly /check points are too common place either. With that in mind, I don't believe it can hurt to have a slight instance of spam protection (5 seconds or so). I'm happy with that.
|
PADDY
ADMIN
D. MCLENAGHAN & M. PATRICK
LS CO SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
GOV MGMT
CONTRIBUTER
YOUTUBE
CREATOR
|

Benavides
LS:RP Tester

Post by Benavides » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Going to be agreeing with this suggestion due to the fact that's really unfair to the house-owners, I never actually thought it could be abused that way with a keybind, this suggestion definitely needs to be approved. Apart from that, I believe there should be regulations on silly /check spots aswell as it will be harder to find /check spots if this get's implemented.

Michaelsj
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Michaelsj » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:44 pm

What about every time you use it, you get asked a simple questions like a maths or spelling question?

This also compensates for the fact that you are actually doing something like your character has to when he "checks"

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:12 pm

Even if it would be a great idea, it would be that great if the spot of the command would be RP as well. As we can see in your videos, your /check spot is in the corner of the room. You can't really hide a shotgun there. If everyone would set their /check spots near drawers or storage items, your suggestion would be just fine.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”