Combat Overhaul

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Zoose
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Zeus

Re: Combat Overhaul

Post by Zoose » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:37 am

25 percent of people survived SELF inflicted gun shots to the head, for those who care about such statistics.

And also, 80-90 percent of people survive gun shot wounds. (These go for the joint combination of every shot which has been recorded /available to the public/, in all areas of the human body. I.E, legs, arms and what not.)

As for the actual suggestion:

I don't like things which drop roleplay levels due to ''No one roleplays it'', those who are forced to fall down and be passed out will probably find the feature annoying. After that point, they will just be getting up after passing out, and walking away.

There's also the fact that players will log out to avoid this inconvenience. Yes, you could report them. But you can report them for not roleplaying a gun shot wound correctly aswell, so I don't believe this offers any benefit.

I do not wish to reiterate what others have said too much, but it is something I'd consider to be very ''RPG''ish in the way that you have described. I prefer less script induced roleplay, and more imaginative.

Best of luck with your suggestion.

Lord Currency
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Lord Voldemort

Post by Lord Currency » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Jerry_Sforza wrote:Body Armor: When a person heals to get body armor or purchases body armor, they will get full (100) armor, regardless of whether or not they are a police officer. Body armor will have a chance of stopping rounds that hit the person's torso. Each time a person who is wearing body armor is shot, the armor health will be brought down and the chance of the body armor stopping rounds will be decreased. The chance of stopping rounds depends on the type of weapon being fired.
Pistol/Shotgun - 80% chance of stopping rounds - lose 10 armor HP - chance decreased by 5%
Assault Rifle - 65% chance of stopping round - lose 20 armor HP - chance decreased by 10%
Sniper Rifle - 35% chance of stopping round - lose 50 armor HP - chance decreased by 15%

Helmet: While wearing a ballistic helmet object, the chance of being killed with a headshot decreases to 75%. Being shot in the head and not dying will still result in going unconscious.

Tactical Vest: While wearing a tactical vest object, they will get full (100) armor. The armor will be removed when the vest is taken off. Tactical vests will have a chance of stopping rounds that hit the person's torso. Each time a person who is wearing a tactical vest is shot, the armor health will be brought down and the chance of the body armor stopping rounds will be decreased. The chance of stopping rounds depends on the type of weapon being fired. Body armor bonuses will not be applied while wearing a tactical vest.
Pistol/Shotgun - 85% chance of stopping rounds - lose 10 armor HP - chance decreased by 5%
Assault Rifle - 75% chance of stopping rounds - lose 15 armor HP - chance decreased by 10%
Sniper Rifle - 40% chance of stopping rounds - lose 50 armor HP - chance decreased by 15%

Shield: While holding a shield object, there will be a chance of stopping rounds that hit a person's torso and arms. When crouched, the same chance applies to a person's legs. The chance of stopping rounds depends on the type of weapon being fired. Tactical vest/body armor bonuses will still be applied while holding a shield.
Pistol/Shotgun - 95% chance of stopping rounds
Assault Rifle - 85% chance of stopping rounds
Sniper Rifle - 60% chance of stopping rounds

I honestly support everything but this portion, realistically a buckshot or even a slug would be much more gruesome than an assault rifle's bullet depending on range / target of interest. Given the spread and all of the kick and power in a shotgun, it would be way more harder to stop the rounds than an assault rifle. Also, it's a sniper, most snipers are strong as hell no matter where you are, the chance of stopping a sniper rifle should be drastically lowered to about 30 percent if not 10.

Sora
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Michael_Santana

Post by Sora » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:26 am

SUPPORTING
I hope this get forwarded.
Last edited by Algebra on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned for spamming (Rule No. 5)
Don't pray for life to be easier, pray for yourself to be stronger.

Michael Santana - Alive
25 years.
Full-time Trucker, working independently.

El Demon
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Wendell_Sanders

Post by El Demon » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:23 am

Ion kno bout dat screen shake nd blurr shit but the rest support
★★

Juug & Rob
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: SAS Peso

Post by Juug & Rob » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:38 pm

I absolutely love this, I really hope the administration take time to read this and at least incorporate SOME of it.

Mr.Doge
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Mr.Doge » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:42 pm

I've mixed thoughts about this.

It will make weapons a capping machine, forcing them to RP injuries. People already do that, buuuut, as stated before, some others abuse their freedom.

It's broken, because the current system promotes chicken running and /do The bullet hit Reed on his fedora, missing his head. (Half of the health bar down)
Then, glup, glup, sprunk finished and life restored.

I love when a shootout is RPd correctly, and this will mitigate any attempt of PG doing so.

Insanee
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Rikardo Santos

Post by Insanee » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
Jerry_Sforza wrote:Drug Effects
Steroids: While under the effects of steroids, the chance of passing out is decreased by about 10%. Speed loss is decreased by about 10%. The chance of dropping a weapon is decreased by about 10%. The chance of falling is decreased by about 10%.

Heroin: While under the effects of heroin, the chance of passing out is increased by about 10%. The visual effects of pain will become much less prevalent. Speed loss is increased by about 10%. The chance of dropping a weapon is increased by about 5%. The chance of falling is increased by about 5%.

LSD: While under the effects of LSD, the chance of passing out is decreased by, the chance of passing out is decreased by about 5%. The visual effects of pain will become less prevalent. Speed loss is increased by about 5%. The chance of dropping a weapon is increased by about 5%. The chance of falling is increased by about 5%.

Ecstacy: While under the effects of ecstacy, the chance of passing out is decreased by about 5%. The visual effects of pain will become less prevalent. Speed loss is decreased by about 5%. The chance of falling is decreased by about 5%.

Cocaine: While under the effects of cocaine, the chance of passing out is decreased by 10%. The chance of death from a torso wound is decreased by about 5%. Speed loss is decreased by about 10%. The chance of dropping a weapon is increased by about 5%. The chance of falling is decreased by about 5%.

Marijuana: While under the effects of marijuana, the chance of passing out is increased by about 5%. The visual effects of pain will become slightly less prevalent. Speed loss is increased by about 5%. The chance of dropping a weapon is increased by about 5%. The chance of falling is increased by about 5%.

Crack: While under the effects of crack, the chance of passing out is decreased by about 15%. The chance of death from a torso wound is decreased by 10%. Speed loss is decreased by about 5%. The chance of dropping a weapon is increased by about 5%. The chance of falling is decreased by about 5%.

Methamphetamine: While under the effects of meth, the chance of passing out is decreased by about 15%. The chance of death from a torso wound is decreased by about 10%. Speed loss is decreased by about 10%. The chance of dropping a weapon is increased by about 5%. The chance of falling is increased by about 5%.

PCP: While under the effects of PCP, the chance of passing out is decreased by about 20%. The chance of death from a torso wound is decreased by about 20%. Speed loss is decreased by about 10%. The chance of dropping a weapon is increased by about 20%. The chance of falling is decreased by about 5%.

I was fine with the rest of it, even though it seemed to be pretty drastic. I'd even go as far as to say an annoyance. But this, I certainly have an issue with. I don't think that you should get a buff from doing drugs, because in real life that's not how things work. The only thing I could possibly agree with is that certain drugs remove the pain.

What you suggested will just create an environment where people go, "We're about to go get in a gunfight, everyone take this drug." The amount of PCP in your body won't matter when you get shot in the head, or the heart; just because you can't feel pain doesn't mean you become immortal. I agree with the people who said that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The only thing that needs fixed is people strafing like it's Foco, and the amount of rushing.

yeah ...and btw your fucked up when on H and shits like that , you can't neven handle a gun in most cases atleast properly

Cologneniggu
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Cologneniggu » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 am

I have to say I am supporting this, I agree that the system is indeed kind of RPGish, but the server just has a problem with rping injuries and this would help to fix it. Also it would make shootouts more interesting.

Ellessdee
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Ellessdee » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:52 pm

I know this suggestion is old, but hell yes to every part of the suggestion imo this would be great for the server, it would probably add a hell of a lot more role play, as far as injuries and gunshot wounds go, I really like the whole blood loss idea because in LSRP, someone can shoot you in the leg or where ever, with a normal shotgun, you would obviously begin to lose blood pretty quickly depending on how bad the wound is.

Nothing but support from me.

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”