RP in WoW.

Elves, witches, warlocks, androids, and furfags! Unite!
Pags
Still Alive
Still Alive

RP in WoW.

Post by Pags » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:13 am

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has actually carried over their passion of RP to World of Warcraft? There's a mass amount of it available in the game itself, and some of it is brilliant. For those who haven't experienced it, most role players don't actually level, party or raid in character. That part of the game is kept OOC. They're IC around RP hubs such as Stormwind or Orgrimmar.

I've experienced a varied amount of RP in WoW, from criminal families claiming districts of Stormwind to military orcish factions such as the Kor'Kron undertaking battles against Alliance armies.

If anyone is interested in getting involved, send me a PM.

I understand many people find the aspect of RP in WoW odd, so if it's not your thing, don't slate it. I'm sure there are people who would mock LS-RP players for involving themselves in SA:MP RP and there's no need for a repeat on such comments.

So, anyone else add a little diversity to their MMORPG gameplay, or just grind?

Crazy Serb
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Donathan Yates

Re: RP in WoW.

Post by Crazy Serb » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Well, I'd like to find out how to roleplay in WoW, since that's unknown to me.
Do you have some screenshots, I'd really like to check some of roleplay?
And to answer your question, I haven't roleplayed in WoW, apart from some wedding thing, which was lame, and that wasn't on RP server.

Previous character: Brandon Andrew

Rico_Mancin
takes long breaks
takes long breaks
Ingame name: Rowen Miyamoto

Post by Rico_Mancin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Too many dickheads in my opinion. Plus, I really can't be assed to re-roll and re-level to 85 on a realm that I probably won't have any interest in later on.

However, I really have been interested in the RP aspect of wow.
Police Evasion Tally
LSPD: 5
SASD: 9
Time since last arrest: 2 months

Pags
Still Alive
Still Alive

Post by Pags » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Crazy Serb wrote:Do you have some screenshots, I'd really like to check some of roleplay?

I have one actually, will be taking more soon. This is a screen shot of the Kor'Kron's arrival in the Undercity.

By all means add me in game and I'll take you along to a hub. My name is Dakol on Earthen Ring, an orc warrior on Horde. The standard of RP is excellent in my opinion and a great place to learn. Orcish RP in itself is by far the most interesting and enjoyable. They basicly adopt spartan culture. For example on entry to the Kor'Kron, a RP guild, you'll have to duel one of the Warbound, a high ranking officer who will test your metal.

Right now my guild are going through a rather long event. We're currently in the Undercity making preperations to march on the Worgen this weekend. So this would be a good week to get involved if you're interested in learning and watching/taking part in a RP battle between the two factions.

As for the wedding, such things normally take place on Alliance. A lot of players RP in Stormwind. There's a guard, council, citizen base and so on. Where as on Horde, it's more gritty. More tavern brawls, a greater back story to characters in my opinion, there's more honour in day to day interaction.

Rico_Mancin wrote:Too many dickheads in my opinion. Plus, I really can't be assed to re-roll and re-level to 85 on a realm that I probably won't have any interest in later on.

However, I really have been interested in the RP aspect of wow.

The great thing about a RP realm is that it supports everything that a normal realm does, with great activity in PVP and Raids as well as offering RP. There's players who are completly OOC as any other realm, except you have another style of gameplay open to you.

As far as I've seen, the guys and girls I've RP'd with are great people OOC.

As I said before, if you're interested in trying it out one evening, add my character on ER, Horde.

Michael
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by Michael » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Yeah, I've tried RPing on Defias Brotherhood and it was really fun to some point, but it turns out that the kind of roleplay /there/ is not exactly for me, even though I loved the theme of being an assassin / silent follower of some guilds on the human side. Defias Brotherhood saw a lot of attempts to create a fictional government and faction war in the alliance and it quite worked for short periods of time, though sadly guilds drop out, lose activity, or lose interest, and it reaches a breaking point when everything returns to `major silence` and random roleplay around Stormwind.

Rico_Mancin
takes long breaks
takes long breaks

Post by Rico_Mancin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:30 pm

That looks pretty interesting. The only thing I'm weary about is having to get a whole other character to cap, gear him, and participate in roleplay events.
Police Evasion Tally

-Psycho
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by -Psycho » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 pm

That photo looks so epic ^^ For the Horde anyway :P

In any fight it's the guy who's willing to die, who's going to win that inch.

OriginalGangster
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by OriginalGangster » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:37 am

It's pretty cool if you're into the lore and all that. I play WoW, but I hate the lore fantasy theme to it. I only PvP... which I am a KING at.

Rico_Mancin
takes long breaks
takes long breaks

Post by Rico_Mancin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:22 am

OriginalGangster wrote:It's pretty cool if you're into the lore and all that. I play WoW, but I hate the lore fantasy theme to it. I only PvP... which I am a KING at.

step into 5s arena with a 1600 rating like me
Police Evasion Tally

jagerbom9
Mafia
Mafia

Post by jagerbom9 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:08 am

I have played WoW, but never had the interest to RP in it.

Kaikoa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kaikoa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:02 am

I used to be interested in the lore and shit, but I never really RPed except on some private everybody with admin commands server. That was pretty cool, I usually trolled and shit on there though.
Bobby Booth- DOB 06/21/1975, #45 Idlewood Motel, Idlewood, SA USA

roll
Mafia
Mafia

Post by roll » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Argent Dawn is an epic RP server, check their website out http://www.argentarchives.org/about, check out the Events Archive and Noticeboard. Some pretty sick shit.

Santa Claus
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Santa Claus » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:36 pm

L.Santora wrote:Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has actually carried over their passion of RP to World of Warcraft?

I have, but I did it on a private server. It's better on a private server when there's an available administrator at all times to ban / kick someone that's doing something stupid. If you play on retail, you just have to ignore them, and most people go on role play servers to troll others.
4w350m3n355 wrote:I definitely think there should be assigned a scripter who gathers the information about the effects of all these drugs throuh google/first hand experience and sits down to fix all of them.
I doubt it would take that much effort as we just need to change the effects to make them more realistic

AntonioGotti
Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingame name: None.

Post by AntonioGotti » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 am

The bad part is that you need to buy WoW. It's a great game and it would be exceptional if it was for free.
''Nothing is a mistake , there's no win and no fail , there's only make''

TheUltimatum
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Thomas_Daniels

Post by TheUltimatum » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Retail or private are you on about? And EU or US? Might get involved to give it a try..

Return to “MMORPG”