[Suggestions] The San Andreas Penal Code

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Réno
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [Suggestions] The San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Réno » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Sergeant wrote: An officer can charge someone with this and arrest for simply telling an officer he ate at PizzaStack when he really ate at BurgerShot. Unless the information pertains to a felony investigation, there should be no legal ground for the officer to make an arrest.
That is what Internal Affairs is for. You can't just go around arresting people for lying to you. You can charge them with this if you can prove that someone misinformed you on purpose, to take the heat off of something else happening at the same time that law enforcement is investigating or interested in.

The officer has to prove that you knowingly lied to him, to cover something else up, and that's pretty fucking hard to prove. This charge isn't something we use on a daily basis, not even close! Someone might be charged with this once a week, there's nothing wrong with it.

You got it all mixed up.

DenimDeuce
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: You Know Me

Post by DenimDeuce » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:05 pm

[PC CHANGE] [(9)02. Carrying an Unlicensed Firearm]

What should be changed: Currently you can be arrested and sentenced to jail time if you are carrying a lethal firearm without a PF and or a CCW. This in my opinion is completely ridiculous.

Why: IE: IRL if you are at least 21 years of age and do not have a felony charge on your record, you can purchase and carry a handgun lawfully, as a matter of fact at 18 years of age you can go purchase a rifle.... BUT it can not be concealed, and by that I mean that the weapon has to be visible at all times. If you are wearing a thick jacket, hooded sweatshirt etc, it needs to be tucked behind the weapon so it can be shown. As the second amendment states "You have the right to bear arms" this has been so since the old cowboy days. Hence thats why back then everyones gun was on there hip and everyone knew that they were armed. Now to implement this into roleplay, I feel as if the weapon should show when carried and there is a cmd to conceal the weapon. IE: /conceal [weapon ID] etc or something or other.
I, DenimDeuce, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fulfill the groups purpose!

Ward
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ward » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:21 am

DenimDeuce wrote:
[PC CHANGE] [(9)02. Carrying an Unlicensed Firearm]

What should be changed: Currently you can be arrested and sentenced to jail time if you are carrying a lethal firearm without a PF and or a CCW. This in my opinion is completely ridiculous.

Why: IE: IRL if you are at least 21 years of age and do not have a felony charge on your record, you can purchase and carry a handgun lawfully, as a matter of fact at 18 years of age you can go purchase a rifle.... BUT it can not be concealed, and by that I mean that the weapon has to be visible at all times. If you are wearing a thick jacket, hooded sweatshirt etc, it needs to be tucked behind the weapon so it can be shown. As the second amendment states "You have the right to bear arms" this has been so since the old cowboy days. Hence thats why back then everyones gun was on there hip and everyone knew that they were armed. Now to implement this into roleplay, I feel as if the weapon should show when carried and there is a cmd to conceal the weapon. IE: /conceal [weapon ID] etc or something or other.

Open Carry is unlikely to be implemented. Since it's a video game environment everyone and their grandma would have a glock or two on their waist and that isn't realistic in the United States anymore. Especially not in California where open carry and the second amendment has been pretty much scuttled.

In a video game environment, implementing open carry would just mean an exponential rise in deathmatchy firefights because, ultimately, there are no consequences to recklessness.

Joe_D
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Joe_D » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:57 am

[PC CHANGE] [Failure to Yield to a Traffic Control Device]

What should be changed: This law has several different ones packed into one law and I think they need to be separated. They need to be broken down into the following:

Failure to Obey a Traffic Control Device: Any vehicle, propelled by a motor or by man power, operated on a public roadway, should come to a complete stop to any crosswalk in their direction of travel before the intersection. Any vehicle turning out from a side street or parking lot onto a road should come to a complete stop and ensure the intersection is clear before proceeding onto the roadway.

Improper Lane Usage: Any vehicle, propelled by a motor or by man power, operated on a public roadway, shall operate to the right of center of the road. If a median is present, all lanes on each side shall operate the same direction, with the vehicle traveling to the right. No vehicle shall swerve, ride between lanes, or cross any solid yellow line in the middle of the roadway where traffic would be traveling in the opposing direction, except in the event of turning into or out of a driveway or parking lot.

Failure to Yield to an Emergency Vehicle: Any vehicle, propelled by a motor or by man power, operated on a public roadway, shall turn off the road off to the right and come to a complete stop when being approached, either from the front or rear, by an emergency vehicle containing flashing lights and or an audible siren. The vehicle may proceed once that emergency vehicle has passed.

Why: Having one violation for all these three is extremely confusing just by the name itself. If I stop someone for not pulling over for an ambulance or firetruck, or another squad car for "Failure to Yield to a Traffic Control Device" people may sounds confused and think "A police car is not a traffic control device, that doesn't make sense." Having three laws combined into one may seem like it makes it easier, but it makes it a lot harder in my opinion. I believe having three different vehicles codes for these three laws because combining them into one is impractical.

((In a realistic setting this law would never suffice. I think they seriously need to be broken up into three different laws because it's simply unrealistic and not very useful. Not stopping for a fire truck and crossing double yellow lines are clearly two different violations on their own. I don't believe, in any way, that three separate violations should be combined into one.
Last edited by Joe_D on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tailor
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Mac_Tailor

Post by Tailor » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:40 am

[PC CHANGE] [(11)01. Speeding / Minimum Speed]

What should be changed: At all times - on official state, county, or local roads of any scale - drivers must maintain a maximum speed of 150 KM/h on highways or any four lane or greater road, 130 KM/H on county roads outside of Los Santos, and 110 KM/H on roads within Los Santos. Drivers must use fair judgement when driving on roads with adjusted conditions (such as closed, unpaved, slick, and damaged roads).

Why: My suggestion removes the clause "or any four lane or greater road" pertaining to maximum speed on highways with the speed limit 150KM/h. This poses a problem as roads such as Main Street and Market Street are four lane, however the law states that within LS city limits, the speed limit is 110. I think speed limit in the city ANYWHERE should be 110, and Market and Main streets should not be provided an exception. Implementing this suggestion cleanses this PC of a legal loophole.

Florida
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Felony_Flyers

Post by Florida » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:10 am

[PC CHANGE] [Murder]

What should be changed: Increase the minimum time imprisoned from 510 minutes (8.5 hours) to 1440 minutes (24 hours). Increase the maximum time imprisoned to 2880 minutes (48 hours).

Why: This is an appropriate amount of time to serve for murdering somebody. The amount of risk and finality that goes into murdering somebody should truly have an equal punishment. Increasing the imprisonment time will stop petty shootouts and clean up criminal role-plays behavior.
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Hound
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Hound » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:15 am

Florida wrote:
[PC CHANGE] [Murder]

What should be changed: Increase the minimum time imprisoned from 510 minutes (8.5 hours) to 1440 minutes (24 hours). Increase the maximum time imprisoned to 2880 minutes (48 hours).

Why: This is an appropriate amount of time to serve for murdering somebody. The amount of risk and finality that goes into murdering somebody should truly have an equal punishment. Increasing the imprisonment time will stop petty shootouts and clean up criminal role-plays behavior.
It should be 24 hours maximum tbh. A lot of people cannot stand the role-play inside of prison and it's not everyone doing this so I think there should be a middleground there as much as I understand where you are coming from. 24 hours inside of SACF is more than enough that being the maximum and I don't know make the minimum like 15 hours instead.
Stop reading my sig

Florida
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Felony_Flyers

Post by Florida » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:21 am

Hound wrote:
Florida wrote:
[PC CHANGE] [Murder]

It should be 24 hours maximum tbh. A lot of people cannot stand the role-play inside of prison and it's not everyone doing this so I think there should be a middleground there as much as I understand where you are coming from. 24 hours inside of SACF is more than enough that being the maximum and I don't know make the minimum like 15 hours instead.
If you murder someone you can kiss the majority of your life away. Sure, assault someone or do something less, but ending somebody's life should be the absolute last thing to do in a situation and the Penal Code should express that.
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Hound
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Hound » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:29 am

Florida wrote:
Hound wrote:
Florida wrote:
[PC CHANGE] [Murder]

If you murder someone you can kiss the majority of your life away. Sure, assault someone or do something less, but ending somebody's life should be the absolute last thing to do in a situation and the Penal Code should express that.
Which it would express by upping the hours by 16 hours as the maximum time. I disagree that it should be upped by fourty hours as that could take away someone's motivation from role-playing at all. I get the shooting has gotten out of control but I do not think by adding fourty hours and forcing somebody to role-play for two full days in SA-CF is the correct way to fix things.
Stop reading my sig

ogsherm
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ogsherm » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:02 am

Florida wrote:
[PC CHANGE] [Murder]

I think this suggestion is spot on. Murder is murder, life is life. Kill someone then you gotta know you're going in for a long ass time. Also this might encourage (or even force) players to RP in prison because they're in for a long time. What choice do they have?
Image4 life.

springie
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by springie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Florida wrote:
Hound wrote:
Florida wrote:
[PC CHANGE] [Murder]

I'd say twenty hours min. to thirty six hours max.

Gilles
Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingame name: Havoc

Post by Gilles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Ozymandias_Jones wrote:
Florida wrote:
Hound wrote:

I'd say twenty hours min. to thirty six hours max.
This is reasonable for me. I would absolutely love if it was changed to something the likes of this.

Padres
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Padres » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Please PM each other, if even necessary. DOJ will very likely consider each suggestion and take refinements into account before implementing or declining it so there is no need to break the rules of this topic and fill it with unnecessary discussions. :)

Laos_Macen
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Laos_Mason

Post by Laos_Macen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 pm

This is not a discussion thread. Please stop debating your opinion on other suggestions. You may only post opinions about your own suggestions.

Laos_Macen
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Laos_Mason

Post by Laos_Macen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:33 am

All above suggestions have been read and considered for addition to the new penal code. Due to the number of suggestions I cannot provide individual responses.

Please feel free to continue making suggestions until we release the final draft of the new 2015 penal code.

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas Archive”