[Discussion/Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

iJoker
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: El Pinche Crash

Re: [Discussion/Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by iJoker » Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Is there an LEO rules of engagement thread? If so where, and if not, why not?
Tar Pit Gang

Delanto
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jonathan_Delanto

Post by Delanto » Sun May 10, 2015 6:26 pm

iJoker wrote:Is there an LEO rules of engagement thread? If so where, and if not, why not?

PD/SD have their own policies on use of force in their respective handbooks
clown money made mafia - don clown j. delanto
hiring consigliclown

MiniYoda
Gangster
Gangster

Post by MiniYoda » Wed May 13, 2015 9:36 am

Is the pd handbook a legal ordinance or a law? How does ls-rp law interpretate the handbooks, Delanto?

Werd!
Attorney
Attorney
Ingame name: Cesare Amunta

Post by Werd! » Wed May 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Any chance of the 'espionage' charge returning? I think it'd solve a lot of problems with these almost criminally-minded "private investigation" firms that I'm seeing pop up lately.

Quoting the 2012 Penal Code definition of espionage:
Obtaining information that is considered secret or confidential without the permission of the holder of the information.

The key being 'information considered SECRET OR CONFIDENTIAL'. The trouble would be determining what constitutes secret or confidential. In my opinion, if someone was overheard saying something/eavesdropped on in public, it would be acceptable since the information is being said into open air. However, if inside of a private dwelling or vehicle, someone could not be listened in on or bugged since that information is likely not meant for the public. The charge could even be split up into two different grades, one being 'civil' and the other one being 'corporate espionage'.

This charge isn't often applicable, but I've run increasingly run into problems with it as of late. I believe that people shouldn't be able to plant bugs on people's homes and cars without being held responsible under the law.

Werd!
Attorney
Attorney
Ingame name: Cesare Amunta

Post by Werd! » Fri May 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Also, could you explain or revise "Official Use Charges"? I always have LEOs contact me as a part of the Department of Justice and ask if people who run unlicensed betting shops/illegally gamble/raffle their cars illegally can be charged with Tax Evasion. While I suppose they are avoiding the fees and taxes that go along with obtaining a gambling license, Tax evasion is an Official Use Charge, one that is described to only be used in special circumstances, and one which I assume I don't have the right to authorize.

Laos_Macen
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Laos_Mason

Post by Laos_Macen » Tue May 26, 2015 1:21 am

Archived.

PD handbooks are internal PD policy. Only things posted in the Laws & Acts section must be legally followed by the public.

Corporate espionage seems pretty rare to need a charge, doesn't it?

Discussions can continue in the new Penal Code discussion topic.