San Andreas Penal Code Rev. 1.0 (06/12/12)

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

iGold
Mafia
Mafia

Re: San Andreas Penal Code Rev. 1.0 (06/12/12)

Post by iGold » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:58 am

Stottlemeyer wrote:(( I'm happy with the new system, but there are some things like..

Assault - 15 - 40 mins (if I'm not mistaken) - Slap somebody, you can get 40 minute jail.
Battery - Up to 1 hour. Beat the shit out of somebody and get 1 hour only.

Also, road law offences should be raised, not lowered :| 750$ for speeding is nothing, compared to current server economy. ))

(( That's exactly what I was thinking. Some charges are way too light in my opinion. One hour for beating the shit out of someone (when narrowed down) compared to the previous penal code. '307. Battery - 6 hour arrest'

Minor edit - "((For ACU / DB usage essentially, for faction attacks))" - Should be edited from DB to IU for the SASD and I'm not sure what the LSPD's detectives unit or bureau are called but I'm positive that it's no more ACU, so that's gotta be changed too. ))
FL3X

Gepan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gepan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:48 am

The only thing that I have to say about the penal code is it's going to be hell for the Sheriff's Department and Police Department. People will be heading to the jail for 40 mins then be out doing the crimes they just got out for. People play for hours and to be stuck in jail for 10 mins here and 18 mins here isn't going to be worth the enforcement. We will have to hire about 30 more combined LEOs to deal with the amount of crimes people are going to be doing. I have to say I feel that the charges and times currently is what makes Los Santos Roleplay realistic you are not committing crimes like a live stream of music. Instead you are planning your crimes and get a ways because you fear the time being in prison/jail. Well all and all I do like the addition on the charges but I hope we have a roadlaw book added because there is only 5 tickets that can be given and it seems that it will be really rare to have a suspended license on anyone.))
Last edited by Gepan on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gepan
"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

drayzyo
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by drayzyo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Not sure if this is the place for it, but I'm going to have to disagree with Gepan on this one. The previous times for most charges were ridiculous and in need of reform, though the thing I don't like is the power LEO's get when arresting suspects. The arresting LEO(s) can actually decide themselves what time to give to the suspect, putting the law into their hands. LEO's should not be doing anything with the law and have no power over it, but simply enforce it. I can see it being abused easily, because face it, people who are friends with each other are going to be given the least possible time and those who aren't/roleplay differently and 'annoy' the cop either ICly or OOCly will be hit with the maximum time possible. I'm not saying all or many LEO's will do this, but it's surely possible and could happen. The difference between the minimum and maximum times should be changed to reduce the chance of abuse and overall affect of abuse if it occurs.
free varun ravi until it's backwards

Laos_Macen
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Laos_Mason

Post by Laos_Macen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:42 pm

((Assault is not slapping someone. I also took the time to take the feedback and this is what I've concluded after speaking with over three dozen people from the PD, SD, and etc. This really isn't up for discussion anymore.))

Nexus
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Nexus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:11 pm

(2)16. Trespassing
Every person who enters another's property with the intent to damage that property, or enters another's property with the intent to interfere with or obstruct the business activities conducted thereon, or enters and occupies another's property without permission, or refuses to leave private property after being asked by an owner, manager, resident, or employee.
-Penal Code (2)16 is a misdemeanor punishable by $2,000 AND an imprisonment of 5 minutes

So does this mean the /jail system will have fines included still?
ubermensch

drayzyo
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by drayzyo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 am

I assume so Nexus since I was arrested just the other day and fined.
free varun ravi until it's backwards

Boyne
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Kerr Boyne

Post by Boyne » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 am

drayzyo wrote:I assume so Nexus since I was arrested just the other day and fined.

(( This doesn't come into force until the 16th of June. ))
Retired Senior Lead Officer Kerr Boyne

Full Time PHP Programmer

Shinigami
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Ressler

Post by Shinigami » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:24 am

drayzyo wrote:Not sure if this is the place for it, but I'm going to have to disagree with Gepan on this one. The previous times for most charges were ridiculous and in need of reform, though the thing I don't like is the power LEO's get when arresting suspects. The arresting LEO(s) can actually decide themselves what time to give to the suspect, putting the law into their hands. LEO's should not be doing anything with the law and have no power over it, but simply enforce it. I can see it being abused easily, because face it, people who are friends with each other are going to be given the least possible time and those who aren't/roleplay differently and 'annoy' the cop either ICly or OOCly will be hit with the maximum time possible. I'm not saying all or many LEO's will do this, but it's surely possible and could happen. The difference between the minimum and maximum times should be changed to reduce the chance of abuse and overall affect of abuse if it occurs.

I'll tell you simply: Life ain't fair, even over internet . You should see this penal code only at the maximum times. If someone gets less 20 minutes it's nothing big.
Also there is a very famous saying: If you don't have the time, don't do the crime.
It's really as the situation goes. If you kidnapped someone, eventually beaten him the shit out of him and we caught you, give me one reason to give you full time? Just because you complied I'll take few minutes away from full time but not much as you expect.

And yes for the road law - people are gonna be speeders and such but you're the officer who stopped, you actually going to decide what to give. Everything in the manuals can be altered for a situation.

Battery - Rondle - i have to say that giving a punch for a guy infront of CCTV to get 6 hours LSP - well too much. I actually know how it is." I gave only one small punch because he hit me couple of hours ago and my ass is getting imprisoned for 6 hours because the officer decided it to be a battery and not assault."

And I remember the times when I just joined LSPD back in 2010. I had a pursuit every 15 minutes and special situations which required alot of attention (code 0's) almost every hour.
After the new penal code (2011) the crime got reduced by 60+ percents. Obviously the new penal code gives a small boost but hey, if we're cops we should kick their asses.

There is no emotion, there is a peace.

"Everyone thinks I dodged a bullet, but I think I shot a gun"

Shinigami
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Ressler

Post by Shinigami » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:39 am

Question:
If I found a guy with AK-47 so which charge I should place: (904) or (905) , or both?

There is no emotion, there is a peace.

"Everyone thinks I dodged a bullet, but I think I shot a gun"

Vrbsod
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Vrbsod » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:02 am

Shinigami wrote:Question:
If I found a guy with AK-47 so which charge I should place: (904) or (905) , or both?

(904)
Laos_Macen wrote:(9)05. Possession Of An Illegal Firearm or Weapon
Any person who possesses any firearm that is illegal in possession or modification (such as a silenced firearm) that is NOT semi-automatic or considered an assault weapon. ...

Cortez
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyer
Ingame name: Lance_Richmond

Post by Cortez » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:07 am

Sweet! I just hope there won't be an outburst of crime now that some sentences have been reduced.

Jay-Jay
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Jay-Jay » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:30 pm

(( This is an IC section, warning and temporary ban will be given out to the next person who will go OOC.

If you want to discuss it in OOC way, go here. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=250490 or take it to PMs. ))

Laos_Macen
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Laos_Mason

Post by Laos_Macen » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:25 pm

((Will become effective with next revision when the minutes change are made to /pprison))

Clay_Reagan
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Clay_Reagan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:13 pm

(( Any other updates? or an ETA?))
We all die in the end..

Reecey
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Reecey » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:59 pm

(5)02. Incitement To Riot
Every person who with the intent to cause a rio, whereas to create mass civil unrest amongst a large group of individuals with the intent to cause harm or damage to their immediate surroundings and not be organized civily. This also includes assembly in an area that is riotious without abiding by requests to disperse
-Penal Code (5)02 is a felony punishable by no less than 120 minutes imprisonment (2 hours) and no more than 150 minutes imprisonment (2.5 hours)

I think it's a spelling mistake, should be riot?

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas Archive”