(( Laws and Acts forum info. ))

Moderators: Head of Factions, Lead Admins

Kevin_Parker
Civilian
Civilian

Re: (( Laws and Acts forum info. ))

Post by Kevin_Parker » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:32 am

Milne wrote:(( We know best. I’m not stupid; I know what the fines are like in real life. They used to be low, hence why these new laws are being passed. The fines NEED TO BE HIGHER people were NOT caring about a sleazy $100-1k ticket.

Now before trying to play Mr know-it-all next time consider who you are talking to and why things may differ from real life.))

((waw, never thought getting sush an answer on my question. I never thought you were stupid, my question is adressed to everyone. I didn't frased my post as a fact I just said that I think it wasn't so. Dont be harsh on me, I'm just new to this forum and want to help out, thats all.))

Remo_Gaggi wrote:((Well the thing is, Kevin, the economy of the server matches nothing of real life proportions. You're right, no law enforcement agency would give 10,000 on a speeding ticket in real life. But since it's nearly imossible to emulate a realistic economy in an online community such as this one, adjustments have to be made.))

((I understand, but than the ticket for killing someone isn't really much in proportion with driving reckless :D
But still the game is fun to play.))
Name: Kuro Hashi
Level: 4
Faction: Member of the Tenjin-Kai yakuza
Fatcion rank: ...
Number: 893993

Erik_Costel
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Erik_Costel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:14 pm

(( Yea yea, so realistic... I'm putted into High Facility Prison and lost $90,000? What the hell is that? Criminal persons giving big cashes to LS-RP when they going to prison? :cry:

Btw

VincentDonitti wrote:((THIS IS A GAME, i dont want to spend my time rp'ing in jail, wasting server resources going afk, talking about that im in jail for 3 hours, while writing this i have infact minimised my game, jail solves nothing, just makes me think "shootout till i die from now on, never give up"))

Too right mate. :? ))
Waiting to release on PC. :(

Tomas_Tyne
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Tomas_Tyne » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Erik_Costel wrote:(( Yea yea, so realistic... I'm putted into High Facility Prison and lost $90,000? What the hell is that? Criminal persons giving big cashes to LS-RP when they going to prison? :cry:

Btw

VincentDonitti wrote:((THIS IS A GAME, i dont want to spend my time rp'ing in jail, wasting server resources going afk, talking about that im in jail for 3 hours, while writing this i have infact minimised my game, jail solves nothing, just makes me think "shootout till i die from now on, never give up"))

Too right mate. :? ))
(( Keep shooting out all you want, just hire a lawyer, like myself or LSLB, and we'll be sure to get the charges either dropped or fine lowered. ))

Lawyer protecting your rights, ask me for legal advice.

Jeffrey_Sinclair
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Jeffrey_Sinclair » Sat May 03, 2008 3:53 pm

(( We have laws for aircrafts and cars, so what are we missing?

Exactly, boating ROW (right-of-way) rules.

As I dont have any idea how to 'propose' a law, so I put it here. :oops:

The information is pretty much real stuff, but with some differences due we are playing a game here.

Terminology
    Starboard = Right
    Port = Left

SAFE SPEED
Every vessel shall at all times proceed at a safe speed so that she can take proper and effective action to avoid collision and be stopped within a distance appropriate to the prevailing circumstances and conditions.

RISK OF COLISION
Every vessel shall use all available means appropriate to the prevailing circumstances and conditions to determine if risk of collision exists. If there is any doubt such risk shall be deemed to exist.

NARROW CHANNELS
A vessel proceeding along the course of a narrow channel or fairway shall keep as near to the outer limit of the channel or fairway which lies on her starboard side as is safe and practicable.

OVERTAKING
Any vessel overtaking any other shall keep out of the way of the vessel being overtaken. When a vessel is in any doubt as to whether she is overtaking another, she shall assume that this is the case and act accordingly.

CROSSING SITUATIONS
When two vessels are meeting on reciprocal or nearly reciprocal courses so as to involve risk of collision each shall alter her course to starboard so that each shall pass on the port side of the other.
When a vessel is in any doubt as to whether such a situation exists she shall assume that it does exist and act accordingly.

RESPONSIBILITIES BETWEEN VESSELS
A power-driven vessel underway shall keep out of the way of:

1. a vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver;
    2. a vessel engaged in fishing;
    3. a sailing vessel.

A sailing vessel underway shall keep out of the way of:

1. a vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver;
    2. a vessel engaged in fishing.

A vessel engaged in fishing when underway shall, so far as possible, keep out of the way of:

1. a vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver.

-------------

And hopefully to come:

The following information is from the U.S. Coast Guard Federal Requirements and Safety Tips for Recreational Boats booklet

Before You Head Out
Before you head off on your boating excursion, make sure your boat is equipped with the following equipment, required by the U.S. Coast Guard:

Registration
All undocumented vessels equipped with propulsion machinery must be registered in the state of principal use. The owner/operator of a vessel must carry a valid certificate number whenever the vessel is in use.

Personal Floatation Devices
Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs): PFDs must be U.S. Coast Guard approved, in good and serviceable condition, and of appropriate size for the intended user. Wearable PFDs must be accessible. Throwable devices must be immediately available for use.

Fire Extinguishers
Fire Extinguishers: U.S. Coast Guard approved fire extinguishers are required on boats if any one of more of the following conditions exist:

• Inboard engines
• Closed compartments and compartments under seats where portable fuel tanks may be stored
• Double bottom not sealed to the hull or which are not completely filled with flotation materials
• Closed living spaces
• Closed stowage compartments in which combustible or flammable materials are stored
• Permanently installed fuel tanks

Sound Producing Devices
Sound Producing Devices: Vessels 12 meters (39.4 feet) or more in length are required to carry onboard a power whistle or power horn and a bell.

Pollution Regulations
Pollution Regulations: The Refuse Act of 1899 prohibits throwing, discharging, or depositing any refuse matter of any kind (including trash, garbage, oil, and other liquid pollution) into the waters of the United States.

Additional Recommended Equipment
In addition to meeting legal requirements, prudent boaters carry additional safety equipment. The following additional items are suggested depending on the size, location, and use of your boat:

VHF Radio
    Spare Parts
    Binoculars
    Sunburn Lotions
    Chart
    Sunglasses
    Compass
    Paddles or Oars
    First Aid Kit
    Whistle or Horn
    Food and Water
    Spare Batteries
    Spare Fuel

Safety and Survival Tips
• Float Plan: Tell a friend or relative where you are going and when you plan to return. Make sure they have a complete description of your vessel and other information that will make identification easier should the need arise.

• Weather: Check weather reports before leaving shore and remain watchful for signs of bad weather.

• Be Safe On The Water!

))

jason_worth
Civilian
Civilian

Post by jason_worth » Wed May 07, 2008 6:24 am

Kevin_Parker wrote:((As I'm still waiting to be accepted I've been reading alot of stories , rules and these laws. There is one thing that actually bothers me, are the prices. Especially for the speeding and bad parking. As this mode is a hardcore RPing mode it would be better to lower them. Cause I dont think that anyone has to pay 10k$ for speeding in real life. And also can anyone tell me how you can see if anyone is speeding? thanks))

((i am not meaning to flame here at all but as for this comment about noone paying 10k fine for speeding, i laugh coem to ontario and do 100km/h in a 50km/h zone, wanna know what happens to ya. for going 50km/h over the limit? you get a 25k dollar fine and your car gets crushed, when i did my stint in the traffic division we busted so many street racers and crushed there cars when that law was introduced that not many people speed to much anymore, so i think the fines are justified, i think of it as in real life, take what you make and slap a 500 dollar ticket for doing 20km/h over the speed limit, for some people that is one whole paycheck......as for how someone can see your speeding, well an officer can tell just by tailing you at the speed limit, if you are accelerating then you are speeding.....))

Neuhaus
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Neuhaus » Thu May 08, 2008 5:44 pm

(( Exactly Kevin, you have not been on the server yet. The economy is not like in real life here, you earn about 3000-4000 every hour. ))
Neuhaus
Ex-tester (May '11-Apr '12)
David Neuhaus
Security Contractor

Ex-LSPD Captain
Senior Detective, Office of Detectives
Vice Division, supervising detective
Traffic Enforcement Unit, assistant chief

Sean Leary
Truck driver

Carlton_Leech

Post by Carlton_Leech » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:21 pm

(( I'm just new to this server, but not yet accepted, but hopefully I will be. Anyways, I agree with the laws and prosecutions on the server, it does make it more realistic, even though ill be participating in the other side of the law :P. however, it will make factions and stuff like that more exciting when they do a crime, police chases, more strict, even more rp, I totally agree with this ))

Lauraa
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Lauraa » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:10 am

((What's the beef with Prostitution? Is it legal or not?))

Juvey
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Juvey » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:52 pm

(( Prostitution should be legal, it holds up society. If there were no prostitutes, don't you think a lot of innocent little girls would get snatched, due to dirty men who can't control themselves? Up with prostitution, down with rape. ))
"People don't make money.. money makes you."
- Dominic Stefani.

Paul_Vercetti

Post by Paul_Vercetti » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:03 pm

Today I got a fine and two warnings on my drivers license wich resulted into a seizure of the license.

The officer said I was driving on the left side of the road, wich wasnt true. He gave me those punishments for that. Although It's not true, I read the road laws of Los Santos and they dont state that you get two warnings for driving on the wrong side. How the hell can i get two warnings for that if there isn't even a law on that?

Smithy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by Smithy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Paul_Vercetti wrote:Today I got a fine and two warnings on my drivers license wich resulted into a seizure of the license.

The officer said I was driving on the left side of the road, wich wasnt true. He gave me those punishments for that. Although It's not true, I read the road laws of Los Santos and they dont state that you get two warnings for driving on the wrong side. How the hell can i get two warnings for that if there isn't even a law on that?

Driving in the wrong lane counts as two fines. Number 1; Driving in the wrong lane, simply obvious what it is and what it means. Number 2; Reckless Driving/Endangerment, this is doing something that may cause harm to someone else by vehicular offences.

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas Archive”