CoD series ruined?

This section is dedicated to all of the Call of Duty! All 304 versions of World War 1 and 2!
Undead!
Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingame name: Zach Baker

Re: CoD series ruined?

Post by Undead! » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:04 am

Goombah wrote:They concentrate more on the multiplayer because that offers a longer playtime!

I agree. Doesn't seem as much effort or entertainment is put into singleplayer. In fact, I never played career mode when I first got it. I went straight to multiplayer.

Shem

Post by Shem » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 pm

After Call of Duty 2, it was ruined ( with the exception of Modern Warfare which was 'okay'. ) Activison are simply draining the life out of the franchise, which in my opinion should have closed its doors already, not to mention rushing their developers. If it was a new CoD every 2 years, it would have been fine. But a new game every single year is just too much for a 'series' like this.

I've also noticed that both Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops were rush-ported to the PC ( If you don't know what I mean, I basically mean 'converted'. ) ; Modern Warfare 2 had certain glitches which would display typical XBox 360 messages such as "Please reset your console", Black Ops has absolutely no optimized graphics along with severe memory leaks and networking disasters, pretty much rendering the game useless. You can quite clearly tell they no longer bother putting time into the game if stuff like this manages to hit the shelves.

With all of that said though, I don't really care about it. After CoD 2 I gave up on the series and moved on. If people still like it and play it then that's their own decision, I let them get on with it ; but what I don't appreciate is when people try to ram it down your throat that It's the best thing that hit the earth, even though they weren't sucked into the franchise until the newest games such as MW.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to massage my fingers.

Sir Eric.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Eric_Blackwell

Post by Sir Eric. » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:32 pm

CoD2 was good, activisions work.
CoD3 sucked balls, treyarchs work.
CoD4 was kind of nice, activisions work.
CoD WaW sucked donkey balls, treyarchs work.
CoD Black Ops sucks as fuck, treyarchs work.

You see the pattern?
Retired from all tester related work, Sir Eric is a free elf.

Shem

Post by Shem » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Of course, but I think you're mistaking it. Activision don't MAKE Call of Duty, they're simply the people who bought the franchise. Infinity Ward and Treyarch make the games. ;)

O\/erkill
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by O\/erkill » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Sir Eric. wrote:CoD 1 was great, activisions work.
CoD2 was good, activisions work.
CoD3 sucked balls, treyarchs work.
CoD4 was kind of nice, activisions work.
CoD WaW sucked donkey balls, treyarchs work.
CoD MW2 was the most overated piece of shit to ever be brought into existence, activisions work
CoD Black Ops sucks as fuck, treyarchs work.

You see the pattern?

ftfy
'

G.
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Stevie_Morbit

Post by G. » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:15 pm

I don't think its ruined, but it will be in one year or two, after Black Ops. Modern Warfare 2 is a Modern Warfare copy and Black Ops is a Modern Warfare 2 copy, that's obvious, they just add some new perks, items, maps and that's all. Nothing new, just like a patch or something, but we pay for it.
Steve Taylor Morbit
Ex-Deputy Sheriff

Apollo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: J. Shields

Post by Apollo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:42 pm

I love how people were like: "Yo COD BO is gonna stink" without the experience of playing the actual game. Turns out BO is the best COD game to date.
LIEUTENANT

iPureSkillz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Cornelius Stanley

Post by iPureSkillz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:06 am

Mystery Policeman wrote:I love how people were like: "Yo COD BO is gonna stink" without the experience of playing the actual game. Turns out BO is the best COD game to date.

No, it really isn't.
Previous Names
[spoiler]Dwayne Ericson, Trevor Grimes, Sandalio Ordonez, Clement Baxtor, Demetrius Smith, Fahimul Rita + more.[/spoiler]

Rpl
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Rpl » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:32 am

They did NOTHING on Black Ops...
Theatre mode? Cool, stolen from Halo. Few new perks, harder qs, new weapons, maps, a short and sucky campaign.
"-Hey guys, should we improve the graphics?"
"-Hell no, we'll get $ anyway"

Random player :
"Ah, Black Ops doesn't improve anything, but... Cod is addictive, I'll buy it anyway"

That's how the game industry works...
GREG.

Kostas
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Kostas » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:47 am

CoD 2 and 4 were great(4+ProMod=awesome)

MW2 was really an overrated piece of shit
They just threw new maps, new weapons and a shitload of OP-attachments and killstreaks in so that 13year-old kids would be satisfied

Black Ops is..."okay", but it suffers from a looooong list of glitches, bugs and lags
It's almost like they sold a beta for the full price of a retail and are now patching up the game

Still I think BO will be more enjoyable than MW2, but not as good as CoD 4(+2)

Aleksei_Vasiliev
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Aleksei_Vasiliev » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:16 am

Infinity Wards wins with MW1 and MW2 while Trayrach fails with CODs...

Danny
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Danny » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:34 pm

They ruined.

SaW
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by SaW » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:49 pm

I like Black Ops. I also think COD: WaW is better than MW1 or MW2.
If you get a shot at victory, be damn sure you take it.
Daniel Crawford

Vaca Leiteira
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Vaca Leiteira » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:00 pm

IMO, Bad Company 2 is better than the new COD's... Let's say:

In CoD online games you have a max. of 18 players in a room, small maps. Lots of rushers/campers/snipers. The problem is not the camping or rushing stuff. When your rush, every single player in the game room rushes. If you snipe, same happens, and with camping, same shit. If there where like 4 rushers, 2 campers, 2 snipers per team, the match was gonna be balanced.
Everyone uses almost the same classes and guns, Assault Rifles, Snipers and UMP-45's. In objective games, you see no one running LMG classes, the greatest way to protect/give attack support when taking an objective. The riot shields are great, I was playing with some friends, one with AR behind the shield one, it was pure ownage. If you use something different "OMG U FUKIN NUB". Quick scoping, oh, it annoys me.

In Bad Company they all play their classes, use them at max, you got vehicles which can destroy alot and engineers who can destroy vehicles easily. for example.

CoD would be nice if people started to play with more tactics, not simply sprinting the whole map and ADS when finding a player.
MONEY OVER BITCHES
HOMIE, LET ME JUST REPHRASE THIS
PAPER OVER PUSSY

roll
Mafia
Mafia

Post by roll » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Sledgehammer is making CoD now, and it will be completely new.

Return to “Call of Duty”