CoD series ruined?

This section is dedicated to all of the Call of Duty! All 304 versions of World War 1 and 2!
Remini
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: CoD series ruined?

Post by Remini » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Goombah wrote:No CoD game has ever been realistic btw!

Fuck realism xD It is imo but fuck realism.

Goombah
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: NO COCAINE IN MAH BRAIN.

Post by Goombah » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Fuck realism? You are playing a game that's about realism, we are portraying real life with roleplay. Sure, some games can be about fun, but what pisses me off is when CoD ( Not you ) fan boys are claiming that CoD is realistic. I always said that they should try out ARMA2 and play on a tactical server. They should even try out BF2:PR, where you'll have the best time and kill maybe 2 guys in a hour or you are in a serious fire-fight while taking cover because you are being supressed by machine guns. I prefer to experience the thrill of excitement after having some patience.
big white man.
set a fire to a big cross.

Remini
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Remini » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:31 pm

BF Beats COD when it comes to realism, but you gotta admit COD Is addictive at some Points, I'm not a big fan of the Run-Shoot-Cover-Suppress tactic which COD Usually offered but after MW Came out, you get to have these Slow-mo moments and breaching shit, the story is now as awesome as it can ever get.

Fontaine
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Fontaine » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:40 pm

I came in on Call of Duty 4, never played the previous ones. I have to say I'm glad I did come on CoD4 because it was brilliant, I managed to get 10th prestige on that one. World at War came out, I got onto the Beta list and I thoroughly enjoyed that too only because of the time setting. Modern Warfare 2 came out, played fined because of the hype it had with me and some school friends and then suddenly it's true colours started showing. It became pathetic there and then. All these modders and hackers, changing everything about, it was ruined.

I really don't take an interest in the series no more. It's just being milked for all it can and the best part is they'll keep selling because of the mass audience that buys it simply on hype between their friends. I can't hate them from a marketing perspective because they must be making millions, but from a gamer perspective, I've lost any love for that series. I'd enjoy the game with a few friends back in the day, but not, I just can't see myself sit down with it even for five minutes. It's terrible.

Cerrone
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Reginald Cerrone

Post by Cerrone » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:56 am

Grenade wrote:This was posted in 2010 so... fair enough I guess when Black Ops came out CoD got repetitive. The last CoD to be decent and have a real hype about it was Modern Warfare 2. What a game that was, the campaign was really good, so was the multiplayer. There was such a hype before it came out like the news talking about it weeks and months before release. It was just such a good game, and the ending was...

It's all different opinions, certain games will get repetitive for some people and some will enjoy them.
I thought COD MW2 was the worst COD i had ever played. It had overpowered killstreaks that 80% of the time you just died by explosions, it was so boring for that reason alone. I hated that game, i'll never buy any of Infinity Wards games(Except COD4) for that reason.
They're more about getting killstreaks than actual you know, shooting people. That's my opinion though.

I loved black ops, i thought that was the best COD game since WaW and it definetly was better than WaW.
Zombies is cool too but i love Treyarch because they don't make you heavily rely on killstreaks. They keep it balanced.
It's pretty much setting up your weapons, perks and then blasting everyone you see, i never use killstreaks except radar occassionally.

jukzeh
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: The one they call Jesus

Post by jukzeh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:56 pm

It's hard to say really...
Blackops 2 doesn't seem terrible, but for sure- MW3 and Blackops 1 seemed like a complete 'eff up' and was only used so they can make more money.
I mean, when you watch the trailers of the CoD's they always look so good, no? I always have to buy the CoD games each year it's almost like a tradition, it's usually a regretful thing by buying it though.
CoD2, CoD4, CoD5 - They were all brilliant, the few after that though were disgusting, especially blackops 1 which was insanely easy to get 50+ kills in matches.

KushGod
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by KushGod » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:13 pm

COD 4 was the best game ever.. MW2 and MW3 is good but not better that the original one.

martasm
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Ryan Clemens

Post by martasm » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:58 pm

True MILF God wrote:
COD 4 was the best game ever.. MW2 and MW3 is good but not better that the original one.

COD2 was the best. COD with WWII theme is just amazing. In my opinion, COD series is just getting more and more worse. Graphics, gameplay, guns, menu interface, maps and other things.

Return to “Call of Duty”