Unhappy players.

This section is dedicated to all of the Football Manager Series games. Enjoy your talks about Feetball here!
Carvos
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: M. Viramontes

Unhappy players.

Post by Carvos » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:49 am

Currently I'm managing Ajax and won the league as well for the national cup, the double. Let alone reaching far in the champions league. I would assume my players to be actually happy to me but assistant managers as well for some of my players requested a leave or just walked over to the press to point their fingers at me, etcetera. What should I do to make players / staff actually happy with me? Teach me dem' social skillz.

NEWSFLASH CORPORATION
Faction Topic

ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Mathias Viramontes

Esco
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: Unhappy players.

Post by Esco » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Usually the players tell you why they're unhappy, if they've been mistreated, not getting enough game time or can't settle in to the country.

Carvos
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Carvos » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm struggling with Suarez as our relationship is completely broken; he doesn't even want to talk with me. Any solution?

- Edit: I did sell Suarez now, came up with another question though.

How to be able to keep a player that doesn't want to have a conversation about extending his contract?

NEWSFLASH CORPORATION
Faction Topic

ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Mathias Viramontes

Savokage
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Savokage » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:10 pm

With players like Suarez one of the reasons might be that they want to move to a bigger club or if they got an offer from a bigger club which you denied. I think at the 'personal' tab it shows what they're happy about and what they're not happy about which should keep you updated on any player in specific. With shit clubs like Ajax though you'll often experience players wanting to move on to bigger clubs, Suarez being a good example
Last edited by Savokage on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carvos
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Carvos » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 pm

I'd find somewhere that a large amount of players makes players unhappy, so I decided to sell and loan out a lot of players and I seem to have just happy players in my team now, going alright. Anyways; Ajax is not a shit team you are just hatin'.

Edit.
Anyways my goalkeeper is the only one hating me at the moment, he is worried about the lack of discipline. Is there any proper way how to resolve this issue with the player?
Last edited by Carvos on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NEWSFLASH CORPORATION
Faction Topic

ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Mathias Viramontes

Esco
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Esco » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:53 pm

What Savokage said basically, the dutch league isn't the strongest and players like Suarez want to go to the Premiership (as he did IRL)

TheGame
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by TheGame » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Carvos wrote:I'd find somewhere that a large amount of players makes players unhappy, so I decided to sell and loan out a lot of players and I seem to have just happy players in my team now, going alright. Anyways; Ajax is not a shit team you are just hatin'.

Edit.
Anyways my goalkeeper is the only one hating me at the moment, he is worried about the lack of discipline. Is there any proper way how to resolve this issue with the player?

Just sell Stekelenburg and put Vermeer on goal.

Got so many shades they thought I had a lazy eye.

Carvos
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Carvos » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:26 pm

No-one wanted to sign Stekelenburg, not even for his true value. Anyways, I will just leave him there for now as it is going quite good with the team and I've another young goalkeeper ready to take over already. I think fat-ass Mido caused this shit by not showing up eight trainings in a season, luckily I finally got rid of him now. Time to win the Champions League.

NEWSFLASH CORPORATION
Faction Topic

ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Mathias Viramontes

Savokage
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Savokage » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:38 pm

A lot of drama in Ajax shit club.

Riley
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Riley » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Lack of discipline refers NOT to bookings, or not exclusively, but to overall discipline as in not training hard, not performing well, lack of professionalism and so on and so forth.It's how you deal with those issues that matter, not bookings, every player gets booked at some point, sometimes for nothing.

it's like going to school and then pissing around in class... if your teacher gets pissed and smacks you a few times around the head +1

if he just lets you get on with it... -1

comprende?

P.S: My squad discipline at Basingstoke town is at 90% If they don't play well I hammer them, at the board report if I find someone hasn't been in form, I hammer then, don't train well? Sub benches for you. Not doing well in my youth? Hammer them.

This works, I haven't had ONE concern over how I run my club, seeing as I've got Basingstoke town from BSS to Npower Championship, survived a board take-over, survived a wrong captain choice and I sold a lot of players for coming to me thinking they was higher then me. But you have to live with it.

However, you have to praise them if they do well as well, I do it most of the time when we win good victories and when someone has trained exceptionally well and it will gain you respect from your players and in the long run they will not even think about talking to you in the wrong way, your Suarez situation happened to me with Ibrahim Sissoko (Free agent I got in BSS, brother of Moussa Sissoko) he wouldn't listen to my advise so I put him into the reserves for the whole season. He might have been one of my best players but it taught him and he went onto player 115 appearances before I sold him off when I got promoted to the Championship.

Return to “Football Manager”