Counter Strike: Global Offensive

This section is dedicated to all games of the Valve Counter Strike Series!
Trumavarium
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Post by Trumavarium » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Sorry, but I have to say I'm highly disappointed by CS: GO. First of all, it looks just like the Source engine, with some minor changes of course. The maps are well made and so on, but a bit too detailed with physical objects and whatnot.. Other than that, the crosshair moves way too much when you're shooting. The "M4" is terrible ( YOU CAN'T PUT SILENCER! >:O ) and the surfing physics are boring. Also, bunnyhoping is out of the question.

Nothing will ever beat CS 1.6, I'm sorry. Just like GTA SA - nothing will ever beat the classics!

Dee
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dee » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Well, I play CSS since I was eight years old and the previous versions since I was five years old (along with my dad) and to be honest, I didn't like Global Offensive that much, nothing has changed except the graphics, new skins and weapons from what I've heard, I might buy it someday but for now I don't have the motivation to buy it, it's not a game that I'd see someone playing and say "omfg, I wanna buy it so bad otherwise I'ma die", nah.I think they could have done more for this game, the sounds are still the same basicly and from my point of view as I said, nothing has changed.

Ilshat_Kravchuk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Ilshat_Kravchuk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:18 am

Well, since I've played since CS 1.4 I don't like this. I'm stuck in the oldschool graphics! :P But yeah, I might be wrong..
There was this Turkish guy once. He fucked up and owed Grisha some money. So I went over to his place. I'd been there many times before, asking for the money in a polite way, without any luck. Finally, I took a knife, stabbed it in his kneecap and teared the shit up. Sometimes, I'd like to have another job. Believe me.

Menace
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Menace » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:48 pm

They didn't change the radio sounds, that's kinda weird.

ZiiP
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ZiiP » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Dee. wrote:Well, I play CSS since I was eight years old and the previous versions since I was five years old (along with my dad) and to be honest, I didn't like Global Offensive that much, nothing has changed except the graphics, new skins and weapons from what I've heard, I might buy it someday but for now I don't have the motivation to buy it, it's not a game that I'd see someone playing and say "omfg, I wanna buy it so bad otherwise I'ma die", nah.I think they could have done more for this game, the sounds are still the same basicly and from my point of view as I said, nothing has changed.

I'm happy they didn't change more because else it would end up like the cod series. Adding more and more "super cool mega perks and stuff" until it all gets so unbalanced so it's not even possible to play competitive.

OT: The game is good in my opinion. After playing GO for some time I realized that 1.6 is a great game but it's outdated and the community is going under. We need something new and refreshing.
Murda Park

Alezor
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Alezor » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:56 am

Ugh looks like its turning into cod.. :S
Diesel Steadman - Road Slayers Motorcycle Club - Treasurer
Imperial Interior Design

ZiiP
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ZiiP » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:01 am

Alezor wrote:Ugh looks like its turning into cod.. :S

Haha dude.. Just because the graphics are upgraded doesn't mean it's turning into cod. If I would compare it with a cod game it would be cod4 promod which is pretty much the same thing as CS but just with the quake engine. You can play CS:GO competitive but you can't play competitive on any of the newer cod games so you can be calm for the moment.

also hi Alezor <3
Murda Park

Akiba
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Takashi Miller

Post by Akiba » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:06 pm

It plays nothing like it, the graphical change is the only thing actually worth noting.
Previously: Leader of the Shizuoka-Kai, Shateigashira of Akuji-Kai, Queen Crip of Beasley and Associates, Tester for the staff team.

xale
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by xale » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Akiba wrote:

It plays nothing like it, the graphical change is the only thing actually worth noting.

Weapon handling too.

ZiiP
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ZiiP » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:42 pm

tyde wrote:
Akiba wrote:

Weapon handling too.

The weapon handling is pretty far from cod don't you think?
Murda Park

xale
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by xale » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm

ZiiP wrote:
tyde wrote:
Akiba wrote:

Weapon handling too.

The weapon handling is pretty far from cod don't you think?

I replied to what Akiba said. SO what I mean is that the weapon handling is nothing like cod and it's changed from css. Good stuff!

CmdrRylon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CmdrRylon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

I've been playing CS GO rather a lot lately (only in competitive play of course). Yesterday, I figured "hey, I should try 1.6 again", basically because I wanted to see the contrast between the two. After an hour of playing 1.6, all I could think about was how many improvements they've made to CS GO.

I've got -a lot- of hours on 1.6, but I'm the first to admit changes were needed.
Current Character: Samuel Werner
Current Faction: Los Santos Police Department

ZiiP
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ZiiP » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm

CmdrRylon wrote:I've been playing CS GO rather a lot lately (only in competitive play of course). Yesterday, I figured "hey, I should try 1.6 again", basically because I wanted to see the contrast between the two. After an hour of playing 1.6, all I could think about was how many improvements they've made to CS GO.

I've got -a lot- of hours on 1.6, but I'm the first to admit changes were needed.

Yeah I had alot of 1.6 hours aswell and when I switched over to CS:GO I haven't had a thought about going back. 1.6 is an amazing game but everything has to come to an end.
Murda Park

Munchies
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Munchies » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 pm

I have all the CS's and I have to say something that'll probably make me a target on this sub-form but here it goes;

I actually prefer GO rather then the previous ones.
Yeah, I said it. But seriously, I just feel like its more dynamic and its constantly updated.
I prefer the faster style of play and everything new added overall.
IDK, call me whatever you want but that's my point of view.

Hamaki
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Angelo

Post by Hamaki » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Counter Strike GO looks awesome, but I'll need a better computer if I wish to run this. :/
Avtomat Kalashnikova = Ak-47

Return to “Counter Strike”