Battlefield 3 - Disc Unreadable

You and a group of other LS:RP players play any game together? Want a place to discuss, show off, or rant about? Well here you go!

Due to lack of regulation and excessive amounts of server advertisement- the section has been temporarily closed.
tyl3r
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Battlefield 3 - Disc Unreadable

Post by tyl3r » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:19 am

I recently bought Battlefield 3 Premium Edition (new), and it says "disc unreadable" at random times during game play. All the other games I play work fine, so it's obviously something with Battlefield 3.

Here's a picture of the disc, no scratches or smuges. (sorry for the low quality picture).
Spoiler: show
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

Vincent_Orsatti
Borgata
Borgata

Re: Battlefield 3 - Disc Unreadable

Post by Vincent_Orsatti » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:43 am

If nothing works then uninstall the game and download it from Origin instead of installing it from physical disk. Can't scratch a virtual cd.
2008-2021 - Been a pleasure
Shoutout to the old Mongols MC, Road Slayers MC and every MC from the 2010-2014 era, The Valenti Crime Family

Also known as Lance Sarent (IM RPG 2007) - Viktor Turianov (Mongols Secretary) - Raimundo Diaz (RSMC VP)

tyl3r
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by tyl3r » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:48 am

-MCV- wrote:If nothing works then uninstall the game and download it from Origin instead of installing it from physical disk. Can't scratch a virtual cd.
The disc is fine, something is wrong with Battlefield 3 in general.

Marcus.
Marcus.
Marcus.

Post by Marcus. » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Deli wrote:
-MCV- wrote:If nothing works then uninstall the game and download it from Origin instead of installing it from physical disk. Can't scratch a virtual cd.
Battlefield 3 works fine, maybe check your DVD reader/the thing you put the disc in. Or in general do not play with the disc, you don't need to if you have origin.
⬤ ⬤ ⬤

tyl3r
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by tyl3r » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Marcus. wrote:
Deli wrote:
Battlefield 3 works fine, maybe check your DVD reader/the thing you put the disc in. Or in general do not play with the disc, you don't need to if you have origin.
I read online that it's possibly the multiplayer update #6 (you PC gamers probably don't get multiplayer updates [?]). I play BF3 on the Xbox 360. Plus it's too late to buy Battlefield on a virtual disc.

It only happens on the multiplayer disc, the singleplayer disc works fine.

Marcus.
Marcus.
Marcus.

Post by Marcus. » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:37 pm

Ooooh Xbox! i am sorry haha, have you tried another game? I would like to know whether that works or not.
⬤ ⬤ ⬤

tyl3r
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by tyl3r » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Marcus. wrote:Ooooh Xbox! i am sorry haha, have you tried another game? I would like to know whether that works or not.
Yeah, other games work. So it's not the Xbox's disc reading system.

Ikechukwu
#worldpeace
#worldpeace
Ingame name: Onyekachukwu

Post by Ikechukwu » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Inactive, L&Ad

Return to “Other Games”